Home
Posted By: wabigoon Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/01/19
Or not so much? This might be me. laugh[Linked Image]
Posted By: Craigster Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/01/19
I am.
Posted By: Texczech Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/01/19
The bride and I are, but the 4-6 grandkids that stay with us not so much.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/01/19
In my mind yes, In my actions not so much.
Posted By: husqvarna Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/01/19
NO
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/01/19
No.
Posted By: zeissman Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/01/19
Nope.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
I'm not much for dusting.....
Posted By: kellory Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
I know where everything is, but may have to dig for it. So ....no.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
I am by nature, but my wife's horrible habits have beat my good habits into submission over the last 15 years. When I'm spinnin my wheels I push in the clutch.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Not in any way shape or form. As long as nobody else has to see it, it's all my problem.

I'm glad nobody ever walks into my gun room.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Yes

Except for my lawn.
Idgaf about that.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Nope, yet another in the long list of my failings.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
NO
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Yes but not a clean freak. My wife has tendencies in both directions though.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Neat freak? laugh Even in grade school I always had the "does not keep his desk neat" box checked.
Posted By: stuvwxyz Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Oh lordy yes. My kids say I suffer from CDO. That is OCD put in a proper alphabetical order. I have woke in the night fearing that the money in my wallet was not in order and facing outward. I had to get up and make sure before I could go back to sleep. I know where everything I own is and what direction it is facing.
Posted By: Bobmar Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Yep. If it's mine it's going to squared away. Any dirt will be in neat rows with the same number of grains in each row. However, I've learned to accept that not everybody feels that way. Hunting camp is a good example. My stuff is squared away, although I'm surrounded by chaos. I bite my tongue and get along. I'm usually the one cleaning the kitchen because I want it clean. My wife is the same way and 30 years ago that was one of the early signs that we were compatible. I've always said that if you didn't make a mess, you didn't have to clean one up. Life aboard ship is a lot easier that way.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
NOPE!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Got way too much crap for that. Any hope of getting it under control is gone until I get my father's house emptied out and sold.

Memo to all geezers: Don't try to hang on in your home until it's too late to manage your own business; you're just making a huge problem for your offspring to deal with, and they've got their own schitt to deal with.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
I love clean and organized.
I have a real hard time around sloppy people.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
By nature I am a filthy hippy. By inclination I have learned through experience that having your schidt organized and clean make life easier and more efficient. Being efficient is the key to success and a goal worthy of any endeavor you deem important.

My wife's version of neat varies from mine.....hugely.

mike r
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Not a neat freak but I dont like a mess either.
Posted By: SKane Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
According to my wife, disconcertingly so.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
I could not come up with an image of the Odd Couple Oscar Madison leaving his empty six pack of beer, still in the plastic holder. laugh
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
I’m very particular about the details of putting my handloads together but not so much the space that I do it in...
Posted By: prplbkrr Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
My motto.......You can spend 15 seconds putting it back where it belongs, or spend 15 minutes trying (sometimes in vain) to find it.

A place for everything and everything in its place.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
I'm in the everything has a place category and know where pretty much everything else is without looking for it. I've often pondered why people have tools scattered everywhere or have a sink full of dirty dishes when the dishwasher is literally 18" away. Different strokes for different folks. I've found it's just works better for me to keep up with it all I as I go
Posted By: cotis Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Most definitely. Buddies in college would break into my dorm room an re-arrange books and CDs on my shelf. I knew in 3 seconds that someone was in my place. One guy still does that to me at work, moves around stuff on my desk in my office just to annoy me.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
no
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Hardly, but compared to my wife, I'm this guy ...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Originally Posted by tedthorn

This is me too.
Posted By: coltchris Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
I'm in the everything has a place category and know where pretty much everything else is without looking for it. I've often pondered why people have tools scattered everywhere or have a sink full of dirty dishes when the dishwasher is literally 18" away. Different strokes for different folks. I've found it's just works better for me to keep up with it all I as I go

I'm in this category; only problem, at 81, is forgetting where it is organized!!!
Posted By: Raeford Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
The only place/area that I GAS about is the kitchen and especially the kitchen counters.
Posted By: Reba Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
I really, really try once a year!
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
I helped my father-in-law change out the impeller in his Mercury outboard some years back. When I got rolling I had the wrenches and other tools I was using on the garage floor and he couldn't stand that. One tool at a time, and put it back before using another...makes for a long afternoon. He's really a great guy, but I found it hard to work with him.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Same here, kind of organized chaos.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
I like clean and tidy.

Dishes and laundry can wait if there is a offer to go riding or fishing.

My Grandmother always said if your dishes were done, your floors were swept, and your beds were made, the company could come ahead.

Lynn
Posted By: hanco Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
We keep our house neat, my shop, sometimes no.
Posted By: WillARights Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
...im an incessant order maker.

If i use it, i put it back...that day.
If i drop it, i pick it up
If i spill it, I clean it up.

....order, is soothing.

..if I break it, and it was yours, ....uhhhh-'that was broke before we started. ....hee hee
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
Wabigoon: Indeed I am - but I am overly O.C.D.'ed, neat freakied about my guns - both collector and user categories.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: 35 Re: Are You a Neat Freak? - 07/02/19
At work yes.
My garage not so much.
© 24hourcampfire