d*mn right
Originally Posted by sse
d*mn right
Yup, 'Merica!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Fucqk Yah!
totally!

if we didn't have guns, england would rule us!
Originally Posted by stxhunter
[Linked Image]

Replay worthy.
Greatest nation on planet Earth.

EVAH.....
Amen.
By golly Stick, the nail has been hit on the head with the most powerful Hammer in the world!

America...... none greater.

Happy 4th Larry & happy 4th to all !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hell yeah!
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/04/13-patriotic-quotes-from-americas-founding-fathers/

13 Patriotic Quotes from America’s Founding Fathers

It is increasingly popular to question America’s greatness and status as a “Shining City on a Hill,” but the Founding Fathers showed that patriotism is not a bad thing, and U.S. freedom should never be taken for granted.
Honor the risk the nation’s earliest patriots took and celebrate Independence Day by remembering some of the most patriotic quotes from America’s Founding Fathers. Emphasis added:

1. George Washington, Farewell Address 1796:

In offering to you, my countrymen, these counsels of an old and affectionate friend, I dare not hope they will make the strong and lasting impression I could wish; that they will control the usual current of the passions, or prevent our nation from running the course which has hitherto marked the destiny of nations. But, if I may even flatter myself that they may be productive of some partial benefit, some occasional good; that they may now and then recur to moderate the fury of party spirit, to warn against the mischiefs of foreign intrigue, to guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism; this hope will be a full recompense for the solicitude for your welfare, by which they have been dictated.

2. Alexander Hamilton, Speech on the Compromises of the Constitution 1788:

Yet, however weak our country may be, I hope we shall never sacrifice our liberties. If, therefore, on a full and candid discussion, the proposed system shall appear to have that tendency, for God’s sake, let us reject it! But, let us not mistake words for things, nor accept doubtful surmises as the evidence of truth. Let us consider the Constitution calmly and dispassionately, and attend to those things only which merit consideration.

3. John Adams, letter to Abigail Adams 1775:

But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever. When the People once surrender their share in the Legislature, and their Right of defending the Limitations upon the Government, and of resisting every Encroachment upon them, they can never regain it.

4. Patrick Henry, speech before the Virginia Ratifying Convention, 1788:

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

5. Thomas Pain, Common Sense, 1776:

“But where, says some, is the King of America? I’ll tell you. Friend, he reigns above, and doth not make havoc of mankind like the Royal Brute of Britain.”

6. George Washington, speech to Officers of the Army, 1783:

For if Men are to be precluded from offering their Sentiments on a matter, which may involve the most serious and alarming consequences, that can invite the consideration of Mankind, reason is of no use to us; the freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter.

7. Samuel Adams, American Independence speech, 1776:

You have now in the field armies sufficient to repel the whole force of your enemies and their base and mercenary auxiliaries. The hearts of your soldiers beat high with the spirit of freedom; they are animated with the justice of their cause, and while they grasp their swords can look up to Heaven for assistance. Your adversaries are composed of wretches who laugh at the rights of humanity, who turn religion into derision, and would, for higher wages, direct their swords against their leaders or their country. Go on, then, in your generous enterprise with gratitude to Heaven for past success, and confidence of it in the future. For my own part, I ask no greater blessing than to share with you the common danger and common glory. If I have a wish dearer to my soul than that my ashes may be mingled with those of a Warren and Montgomery, it is that these American States may never cease to be free and independent.

8. Thomas Jefferson, remark to James Madison, 1787:

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”

9. James Madison, Federalist Papers 46, 1788:

Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.

10. Alexander Hamilton, The Farmer Refuted, 1775:

The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for, among old parchments, or musty records. They are written, as with a sun beam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased or obscured by mortal power.

11. Patrick Henry, Virginia Convention 1775:

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”

12. Samuel Adams, speech in Philadelphia 1776:

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom—go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!

13. Thomas Paine, Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1791:

“He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.”
Good stuff!

4. Patrick Henry, speech before the Virginia Ratifying Convention, 1788:

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

13. Thomas Paine, Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1791:

“He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.”
It just dawned on me,

'sticks continuous attempt to assassinate the King's English,

Might actually be a reason for it.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
'Merica............

Hell yeah!
Hey guys....most of those fellows over there are OK! I've shot against their Palma International Rifle Team and all polite and mostly conservative! They're just like us to a great degree in that they're under a bunch of dumbazz pols that can't find their asses with both hands! If anything wrong....they're just like all the other Brits that classify themselves as 'Subjects'.....rather than FREE MEN!!
Well I'd say it's F England and not englishmen... and F England in 1776.

Kent

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

[bleep] the Commies....
[Linked Image]
[video:youtube]https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/lend-lease-act-1[/video]
[Linked Image]
YOU GOT IT RIGHT BIG STICK!!!!!!!
'Merica............

Well,

Big Stick and I finally agree on something.
Greatest country ever.
'Merica............

Happy brexit 1776
God Bless America, Piss on the Union Jack. Happy 4th
I am more partial to my country, but appreciate your countries sacrifices and salute you.
But when I see your traitors that post on this and other forums, I have to shake my head and worry about your future when you have scum like them.
You elected the better option than a clinton, yet they are so blind they won't face the truth.
We for years had a place called riverview for them, but alas they have been allowed to roam free.
Originally Posted by ironbender
[Linked Image]

Replay worthy.

If Moochelle stood in front of the flag it would be invisible.
I honestly think that America is not for everyone's taste. It wasn't in the 18th century and it certainly is not now.

Take England as an example. For a long, long time Brits could choose where to go in this world. Some chose Canada, some chose America. Some went elsewhere in the Empire and then the Commonwealth. Even with Canadians, you see a bunch of folks that like the land of North America, but prefer a different political system.

This isn't a rag on any of them or any of us. It's kind of like pepperoni on your pizza. Some folks can't stand it. Others ask for a double helping.

Y'all know me and my quirky views on being a German American instead of an English American. My grandfather's choice to be an American pre-dates his emigration after WWI. Grandpa was an American all his life. He was the second youngest born. His father had a title, but that only bought him a paltry sinecure. Grandpa knew his fortunes were going to be elsewhere. He wanted to be free. He did not want limits placed on his life, solely based on his last name. He didn't want to be a rope maker like his father.

You can blame Ben Franklin for my Grandpa's urge to become an American. Back during the Revolution, Ben printed up some propaganda flyers in German promising land, livestock and farm implements to any Hessian mercenary that defected. One of my ancestors took him up on it. I found him on the Hessian roles as one of the ones that didn't come back. That side of the family is now up around Toledo. They kept sending word back home of what it was like here in the States. Grandpa's mother was a widow and in her old age when she left for America, just to see what it was like. We found her grave outside of Batavia, Ohio. No one knew she was there. Dad certainly didn't. America was just this wonderful place that you had to go see.

America is not for everyone:

[Linked Image]

Grandpa is the young boy on the left. He came here in 1923 and was a millionaire by 1929. The young man in uniform died in WWI. The youngest never left Marburg. The older son on the left flipped off Hitler and had to go hide in the Black Forest for a decade. The two sisters on the right emigrated to America as soon as they could and raised families here.

Cheers!
F'ck England and most of liberal Europe not just of the 4th of July but every day.
Originally Posted by boatammo
Greatest country ever.

Will be even better once we hit the reset on our government, time to fire them all and start over with some folks that understand what the constitution means. I love my country and constitution, but the gov can go get fugged.
© 24hourcampfire