Home
Posted By: centershot Busy week at the waterhole - 07/08/19
Put my trailcam up on a waterhole that I bowhunt elk on last weekend. Checked it Saturday and had lots of action.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Busy week at the waterhole - 07/08/19

You may want to rename that "honeyhole".
Beautiful pics Centershot
Posted By: Lacy1 Re: Busy week at the waterhole - 07/08/19
hope you dont run into the cats!!
Nice!
Posted By: rost495 Re: Busy week at the waterhole - 07/08/19
I'd love to run into those cats.
Originally Posted by rost495
I'd love to run into those cats.

That's what I was thinking, here kitty kitty.
Seeing those Cats and the Bear I suggest you invest in a few good hounds.
Posted By: BangPop Re: Busy week at the waterhole - 07/08/19
The only thing missing is a griz and a woof and you’d have the whole thing covered.
Thanks fellas. Pretty fun to go see what is on the camera. I've been keeping an eye on this spot (with cameras) for about 3 years now. I have not yet seen a Wolf or Griz. But Moose, Elk, Deer (no Antelope) Bears, Lions, Coyotes, Bobcats and lots of birds and squirrels seem to use this spot. Interesting because there is water in the creeks in the area but this is up on top of the mountain and kind of hidden in a little swale. It takes some effort to get there. About a mile and a half hike and 1000'+ vertical keep most of the humans away. The critters know where it's at!
That is awesome!
Posted By: DMc Re: Busy week at the waterhole - 07/08/19
I'd say you have a pretty good waterhole.
Wow!!! Very nice. Thanks for posting em!
Posted By: mbhunt Re: Busy week at the waterhole - 07/08/19
Coordinates please
A mile up no-tell-um creek........
Originally Posted by centershot

All I can say is happy hunting. Hasbeen
Nice pics, especially #2. Great resolution compared to most game cam pics.
You got some great pix!...... I've been playing with trailcams for about 5 years now. Especially the last 3 years since I retired. I get every imaginable critter around here, which is just deer, raccoon, skunk, coyote, fox, turkey, etc..... Got pix of some enormous racked whitetail bucks that nobody has ever seen in bow or gun season. If it weren't for trail cams nobody around here would believe it. They're out there; just usually not when humans are.
Posted By: rong Re: Busy week at the waterhole - 07/08/19
Very cool, can you give us the longitude/ latitude coordinence plz? grin
Originally Posted by rong

Sorry guys, it has taken me a lot of years to find a hole like this one. I'm going to be selfish for a few years.
That cougar pic is superb. I have gotten trail pics of everything except the big cats.
Posted By: las Re: Busy week at the waterhole - 07/09/19
. smile

I asked a guy going out of the Kotzebue airport where he had gotten that very nice moose that we were boxing the antlers up. He replied "No-Name Creek".

Well, ok - if ya wanna be that way, I thought.

Oops - that IS where he got it! At least, there is one such labeled on the map.

Nice pics. My friend Robert in Twin Lakes CO keeps about 8 cameras (when he can find them all - smile ) going up on the mountain behind his place, and has some really superb pics.of elk, deer, cats. If you go thru TL, stop at the visitors center. Some of his are up in there.

I bought a camera several years ago - still in the box. I need to get it out and set it up on the cut-line at the edge of my lot, 30 yards from the house, at least until I learn to use it.. Somthing - looks like brown bear, is beating a trail down on the cut-line there. And there is a "yearling" bull moose in the area that I haven't seen in a month or so, but his tracks are here and there.

He won't last thru the 10 day bow season tho, and I don't have archery equipment anymore. Don't really want to shoot a yard animal anyway.

I miss my old Tripper Lab, with his distinct for every critter barks. I always knew what was going on around the place. Honey Half-Lab, a rescue dog about a year ago, who will be 3 in October, hasn't quite caught on yet, tho she sounded off on and tracked something along the side of the house a few days ago with a distinct bark - enough alarm in it that it set the 1 week old Wiener dog to shivering hard.

I was thinking bear, but the next day I found some wolf scat on a trail out back, loaded with hare hair. Har. smile

Gotta get that camera up, and maybe buy a couple more....

Posted By: rong Re: Busy week at the waterhole - 07/10/19
Originally Posted by rong

Sorry guys, it has taken me a lot of years to find a hole like this one. I'm going to be selfish for a few years.

While I was being sarcastic,I don't blame you a bit.
Originally Posted by BangPop
The only thing missing is a griz and a woof and you’d have the whole thing covered.

Don't forget Bigfoot...with a bag of Jack Link's.
Once in a lifetime find. I'd keep it that way. Thanks for the visit.
© 24hourcampfire