Home
We've got a fall trip scheduled for Asheville and we're looking for great grub while there. Fancy, low rent, or anything in between just as long as the food is great. Whatcha got?

Thanks, RS
12 bones.
You'll thank me later
Tupelo Honey is the BOMB
+1 for Tupelo Honey.
Originally Posted by mbhunt
12 bones.
You'll thank me later

12 bones is pretty good, Obama said it was a great place, he has been there..... grin

Other BBQ places around for sure, they say Buxton Hall Barbecue is a great place to eat, never been there myself.

All kinds of interesting things going on in Asheville and some great restaurants for sure, along with a ton of brewery's if your into that stuff. I really don't go downtown much, Asheville is a very Liberal city, often considered to be the San Fran Frisco of the east coast. If you want to see some strange things just go down town and spend a day..... grin You might be into that kind of stuff, I am not, Asheville is not the same city that I knew as a young boy. Back in the 60's and 70's it was a much different place. Along about the late 80's on it started going the other way, a very liberal type city, probably the most liberal one in NC or the mid Atlantic area.

If you get away from there into the surrounding mountain areas you can find some great native conservative mountain folks that know what life is all about.... smile
Farm Burger for Burger & a Beer....New Belgium Brewing for a free 90 minute tour... Wasabi for Sushi.. Tupelo Honey is pretty consistent, upscale chain.
Originally Posted by MMM
+1 for Tupelo Honey.

Yelp its a pretty good place, also try Farm Burger if you are on US 25 at Tupelo Honey, they are close to each other.
The restaurant in the stable at the Biltmore is much better than you’d think.
We just always got a pack of bologna and a sack of sunbeam down at the Ingles in Swannanoa.
Originally Posted by slumlord
We just always got a pack of bologna and a sack of sunbeam down at the Ingles in Swannanoa.

What? No pimento cheese?
Do you like Indian food?
Cherokee or Bombay?
Bombay. I am talking about tikka masala and vindaloo.
No, but my wife is all over that stuff. We're hoping for something we both enjoy.

Thanks, RS
Back in 1961 we were traveling and needed to get to some place or other. Dad finally broke down and went into a store to inquire as to how to get there. He came back and told Mom that we needed to go through Ice Field. Much consternation and studying of the map ensued. It was finally determined that he had been told to go through Asheville.
The KFC buffet was good last time I was there. Just don't try to leave the parking lot in the dark and make a quick left on to the 3-lane...…………..
Originally Posted by BIGR

Asheville is a very Liberal city, often considered to be the San Fran Frisco of the east coast.

There's more than a few of them these days. In fact, it's getting hard to find a city of more than a couple hundred thousand people that isn't commie to the bone.

Ignorant ass urbanites believe that espousing liberal attitudes makes them appear intelligent and worldly,...when in fact it just makes them useful idiots.
Golden Corral has something for everyone.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Back in 1961 we were traveling and needed to get to some place or other. Dad finally broke down and went into a store to inquire as to how to get there. He came back and told Mom that we needed to go through Ice Field. Much consternation and studying of the map ensued. It was finally determined that he had been told to go through Asheville.

Them yankee ears will play tricks on a man.
Curate if you like small plates or Spanish food. One of the best meals I’ve had this year.
Asheville is Liberal Land and has been called "The San Francisco of the South."

If you want to see the freak show just go downtown to Lexington Avenue.

Speaking of stuff to do, today we just drove up to Mt. Mitchell. Highest mountain east of Colorado. I can see it from my porch, 27 miles away.
It is a great little day trip, you have to drive in on the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway. Great view from the top of Mt. Mitchell.
Use to be tadpoles the size of golfballs in BeeTree lake.
Cici,s pizza.
8.99 total
refillable drink
Salad.
Pasta.
Custom pizza to your order.
Or all the pizza you can eat on the buffet line.

Fugging A!!!!!
Originally Posted by renegade50
Cici,s pizza.
8.99 total
refillable drink
Salad.
Pasta.

Fugging A!!!!!

Don't you want to go to a uppity joint, drop $80. Pay $6 for a $2 beer. Frozen entre thawed in a microwave, flash heated on a plate and fired out to your table?

Then take an $80 shît the next day.
Cici,s pizza.
8.99 total
refillable drink
Salad.
Pasta.

Fugging A!!!!!

Don't you want to go to a uppity joint, drop $80. Pay $6 for a $2 beer. Frozen entre thawed in a microwave, flash heated on a plate and fired out to your table?

That sounds awesome if I ain't paying.
It will make a turd ........

I forgot the cinnamon sticky bun things at Cici,s also.
Cici,s pizza.
8.99 total
refillable drink
Salad.
Pasta.

Fugging A!!!!!

You forgot to include a tip large enough to make you feel like a real player.
Luella's Bar-B-Que. My son is a serious foodie and he took us there. Great barbeque joint!
Wicked Weed Brewing

Good eats, basic brewery stuff. Make some fine IPAs and Imperial Stouts.
Eat you a cockmeat sammich!
I saw an ad for Cici's back when we had tv.

Looked like a place the whole family could eat at.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Had 3 slices of horrible regular crust pizza from the buffet line.
Bowl of some really fugged up pasta salad.
Drank 3 glasses of lemonade over course of the whole terrible event
Then they brought out this abortion I had made for me.
[Linked Image]

Then I had 4 of the worst sticky cinnamon bun things you could ever imagine.

It will all be a $8.99 turd in the morning crazy laugh

Might post a picture of that bad mamajama tommorow!!! laugh laugh laugh

( you know people will look) laugh laugh laugh

Just title the thread

"The 8.99 turd"
12 Bones is way overrated.

Grove Park Inn for Friday seafood buffet or Saturday Prime Rib is good.

Mt Pisgah restaurant is good.

I am local and a native, I hate downtown Asheville and what it has become. Last time i went downtown on a weekend night I just about had to kill 3 drunk New Yorkers.
Originally Posted by RipSnort
We've got a fall trip scheduled for Asheville and we're looking for great grub while there. Fancy, low rent, or anything in between just as long as the food is great. Whatcha got?

Thanks, RS

The Terrace at The Grove Park Inn is unforgettable!. Very nice food with the best view of Asheville and the surrounding mountains. Words cannot describe.

If you don't know the GPI, look it up. You expect Hope and Crosby to walk across the huge loby at any moment. Classy and Classic from a bygone era. $$$

For burgers and brew Wicked Weed Brewings Funkatorium.

For German that will make you swear you are in Bavaria - The Bavaria House.

[Linked Image]

Just title the thread

"The 8.99 turd"
you eat right of the table where Corky the Ratard was drooling an hour before during his Boba Fett themed birthday party?

Haha
The IHop in Asheville is unusually good, for an IHop. My wife and I have eaten there several times, and enjoyed it. Good pancakes and crepes.
Moose Cafe at the WNC Farmers Market

Coach House in Black Mountain

Mike

[Linked Image]

Just title the thread

"The 8.99 turd"
you eat right of the table where Corky the Ratard was drooling an hour before during his Boba Fett themed birthday party?

Haha

Naw....
It was white 400pd baby momma and skinny black guy night themed mostly .....

Then ya had the jelly belly 20 something crowd from Stewart county also .

At times I think I ain't getting my 8.99 worth compared to the rounded over plates these people destroy.
Multiple plates also!!!
Good thing is they are too impatient to wait the 12 or so minutes to order a " custom pizza".
This is a great restaurant in downtown Asheville, on Lexington.

https://www.ashevillebouchon.com/

French restaurant. Great atmosphere, a 120 year old brick building. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday they have all all-you-can-eat mussels dinner. They import these mussels from Prince Edward Island and steam them up with blue cheese etc. I am a macho man log house builder and truck driver, and I love this place. And the women like it even more than the men do, all women love a French restaurant.
Great wine list.

If you go for the mussel dinner get there early. They open at 5 and you need to get there at 5, might be crowded by 6. Great service also a very well run restaurant.
Moose Cafe, that way you avoid town.
Originally Posted by rrconductor
Moose Cafe, that way you avoid town.

Yea, great country cooking and just off of I-40 at exit 47 near the farmers market.
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Luella's Bar-B-Que. My son is a serious foodie and he took us there. Great barbeque joint!

Yea, great BBQ, ate there a few times and they catered at a big event a few years ago I attended. Right down there in the dip on Merrimon Ave., that's in north Asheville, still a bunch of liberals in the area, not as bad as downtown though.
© 24hourcampfire