-3 D Johnston
-3 R Fowler
-1 S Garcia
-1 J Furyk

Tiger didn’t make the cut.

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Anybody watching?

Tiger didn’t make the cut.

Does this mean we only hear about Tiger 12 hours in a day instead of 24?
If Tiger isn’t in contention ain’t nobody giving a schit or going to watch. I predict low ratings.
Originally Posted by tpcollins
If Tiger isn’t in contention ain’t nobody giving a schit or going to watch. I predict low ratings.

LOL. Yep.

I’m hoping Jordan Spieth can have a good tourney and not a blow up.

I never heard of the leader JB Holmes. Shows ya how much I keep up with golf any more. 😬
Tiger is completely over hyped, good is is but far from the best.
This is what a golf course is supposed to look like, links golf IS golf....everything else is glorified putt-putt. The only exception is Augusta during the Masters.

Need some weather to blow in and make it a tournament!
Many favorites missed the cut. Phil Mickelson, Zach Johnson, Tom Lehman, several more. I'm glad to see Andrew Putnam on the leader board because I was his standard bearer at a Web.com tournament a few years ago and have a signed ball from him.

People that truly enjoy the game of golf will watch. They don't need Tiger to stay interested.
Originally Posted by Pat85

People that truly enjoy the game of golf will watch. They don't need Tiger to stay interested.

LOL...Pat, some of us watch in spite of Tiger-hype. There are some amazing new young pros. Advancements in electronic swing analysis has made for a whole new type of golfer. Arnold Palmer would have "tilted" the computers. grin
WOW!

Lowry is a machine today. This links course demands distance and control, and he's been almost perfect, along with good putting.
No interest? Ha! The Open is a completely sold out event - no gate tickets available at all. Something like 240,000 people will attend. Many times that number watching on TV.

That's me. Unfortunately, the Open is being broadcast on NBC and my provider (DirectTVNow) does not provide NBC as an option. As an aside, I would never watch NBC anyway unless it was for a sporting even like the Open, so no big deal.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
No interest? Ha! The Open is a completely sold out event - no gate tickets available at all. Something like 240,000 people will attend. Many times that number watching on TV.

We tend to forget there’s more spectators than just the USA. Soccer and F1 come to mind.
No real golfer I know, single digit to low double digit handicap swoons over Tiger Woods. They are not going to give up the sport should Tiger quit tomorrow.
I'll watch but to be honest I don't like the links courses.

Fugly and unfun to watch.
[Linked Image]
Tiger, Dale Earnhardt, Steph Curry, Tom Brady, Serena Williams.....take your pick. Any of the top athletes are the “one to watch”. Mainly to see them achieve greatness or fall to pieces, most cases both.

I won’t be watching, just like I didn’t watch the last few hundred golf matches.
The best thing about Tiger being out is that they don't have some loud mouth SOB standing near the tee of a five hundred yard hole shouting "get in the hole" as soon as he makes contact
Originally Posted by tikka77
Tiger is completely over hyped, good is is but far from the best.

Past his prime obviously. Beginning to wonder how much they paid the leaders at the Masters to put their ball in the drink?
Originally Posted by Tracks
The best thing about Tiger being out is that they don't have some loud mouth SOB standing near the tee of a five hundred yard hole shouting "get in the hole" as soon as he makes contact

That, and we won’t have to watch every friggin shot of his, even when he isn’t close to contention.
Dumb bastards yelling “Get in the Hole” as he tees off on a par 5 can now reset their focus on NASCAR and the Pro Bowlers Tour.
Don’t give a rat’s ass if “viewership is down without Tiger.” But then again, I’m not paying for the commercials.
Originally Posted by Tracks

Yep. Those asswipes would be thrown off the course if I was in charge.
Greedy asss NBC was showing intervals of two minutes of golf followed by 3 minutes of commercials.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

One of my favorite funny movies! Even though Bill Murray is a Libertard POS.

Tin Cup & The Legend of Baggard Vance are much better “golf movies” though.
I didn’t get to watch today but I see my favorite Jordan Spieth is in 8th place and Ricky Fowler is in 6th place.
They will need one HECK of a day tomorrow to make a run for it. 😬
Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

We tend to forget there’s more spectators than just the USA. Soccer and F1 come to mind.

Oh no. Now ya went and done it!

Ya used the “S” word!!
Buddy of mine was at the British Open the year Tiger won and brought me a hat back. Still have it somewhere.
He was a Campfire Member here. Gap243 that died on 1/04/2012. Very close friend of mine and HuntSonora’s

I always think about him when the Ooen is on and I take his kids deer hunting at their Ranch in Coleman County every year in his memory.
Go Brooks Koepka!

Lowry is a machine on this difficult links course. We'll see how he handles the final round. I too hope for wind.

When it's breezy just swing easy.
“Get in the hole” and “You da man” is as stupid as rednecks yelling “get on outta here” at the pacecar during a NASCAR race.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by slumlord
[Linked Image]

Bending it like that usually the shaft snaps. Don't ask me how I know.
Originally Posted by slumlord
[Linked Image]

Happy Gilmore was a pretty damn funny movie too.
Just tap it in..
Originally Posted by Morewood
Just tap it in..

Loved when he got in the fight with Bob Barker! 😂
Majors are more pleasant when tuger doesn’t make the cut!
Originally Posted by hanco

Constant TV coverage on him battling for 25th place and once in a while cut over to see what the leaders are doing.
sad to see the yanks bow out, but it turned out to be a great story for the Irish. I do appreciate the British Open crowds...'hooligans do not apply'...
Originally Posted by hanco

Constant TV coverage on him battling for 25th place and once in a while cut over to see what the leaders are doing.

Yep. That schitt gets old in a hurry.
Tuger must have spent a bunch on strippers after he won the masters. They sucked his mojo out again!
y'all ain't talkin' bout HOCKEY now are ya?

Geno
“Get in the hole” and “You da man” is as stupid as rednecks yelling “get on outta here” at the pacecar during a NASCAR race.

Or "still in the hunt". WTF is that? Some stupid schit for sure.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

Or "still in the hunt". WTF is that? Some stupid schit for sure.

However, the best one you’ll never hear is “she’s ugly, but she’s got big boobs”

Meaning a horribly hit shot that somehow ends up in the right spot. Yeah, I’ve bounced a few golf balls off peoples houses.
Just read Lowry won by six strokes. Congrats to the Irishman.
© 24hourcampfire