Home
Posted By: persiandog bird sings like chainsaw - 07/23/19
Posted By: Terryk Re: bird sings like chainsaw - 07/23/19
Our mocking bird that lives in our yard does the quack pretty often in his song list. Same bird for 3 years, or same quack different bird.
Posted By: satx78247 Re: bird sings like chainsaw - 07/23/19
Terryk,

A mockingbird in my old GF's neighborhood has learned to mock a car alarm & drives the neighborhood folks "nuts" running to see whose car alarm is going off. = He sounds exactly like the usual sound of car alarms.

yours, tex
Posted By: DMc Re: bird sings like chainsaw - 07/23/19
Originally Posted by persiandog

Downright bizarre!
Dad had a guy working for him that had a Minah bird. It had a very colorful vocabulary from haging out with a bunch of construction workers. Some of it's classic sayings:

AIN'T THAT A CROCK OF SCHIDT?

I CAN TALK-CAN YOU FLY?

SHIVER ME TIMBERS!

Dad worked a big pipeline construction job up in Michigan, and this welder and his family stayed in the cabin next to Dad's at a little resort up in Escanaba. The danged bird started making this screeching noise and got a little annoying. Turns out he was mimicking a circular saw being run by a construction crew working on the docks at the resort.

They had a security service patrolling the job site after hours due to some theft. They had two German shepards. The bird would be in the field office in it's cage and would call the dogs. "HERE DOGGY! HERE DOGGY!" Drove the dogs nuts till they had him take the damned bird back to the cabin.
Posted By: kennyd Re: bird sings like chainsaw - 07/23/19
Marked
© 24hourcampfire