Home
Posted By: wabigoon Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
I look at the young folks, and think they look good. Then I think, I did not look so bad myself at that age. laugh
Posted By: TheKid Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
I graduated high school at 6’4” and 118lb. Wore 29”x38” Levi’s. So yeah I’d say I remember being skinny:)

Of course I’ve gained almost 100lbs now at 205 but I just wear 32”x38” jeans now. And still catch heck daily about being a beanpole.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
Never been skinny, graduated 5'9" 180. picked up another inch and 20 lbs the five years after...all down hill from there.
When i got out of high school i weighted 175 and now after last years tango i weight 167.

The only other option was to be dead. grin
Posted By: viking Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
118 pounds? Seriously. I was around 200 and I thought I was skinny.dam.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
I was 5-9 and 135 now 5-8 195
Posted By: RLA Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
I was born fat and ugly, now i am old, fat, ugly and poor
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
Graduated from high school at a solid 126lbs, bulked to 132 by end of my freshman year of college. Wrestled in high school at 98 my sophomore year.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
People would say when I had my all black uniform on at home games and went out to kick(placekicker), that if I turned sideways under the lights I disappeared! My Grandmom heard someone asking if I had a health issue or something and quickly set them straight, telling them that when Grandad got drafted for Korea he was 6’2” and weighed in at 119. When he finished basic he’d gained 2 whole pounds!
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
I was six foot and 170 pounds. Kinda wide shoulders. Definitely was not heavy as a freshman.

And then I gained 100 pounds and zero inches in 24 years smile

Now I got a lot of time in the gym and more muscle but theres a lot more of that soft stuff too...lol
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
I lost 30lbs last winter.......not on purpose.
Posted By: leesway2 Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
I left high school at 168, 25 yrs with the SO I went to 198/199. My wife got sick and going through that till she passed I went to 154. I am at 174 now almost a year after she passed and i hope to stay in that range.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
ah yes 30# ago, i can lose it if i stop drinking beer.
I was 6’ 3” And weighed 180 when I graduated HS

40 years went by and I was up to 250 before I lost both my parents a little over a year ago.
Now I weigh 205.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
6' weight 180 now. People say I am skinny.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
I still wear the same size socks I wore in high school. I'm pretty proud of that.
I was 6' 180 when I graduated HS. 197 when I entered the fire academy and that was the max weight for my height to qualify. At that time I worked in construction, ran a pretty tough college cross country course 2-3 times a week and raced motocross on weekends. Those ht. to wt. charts were from life insurance actuarials and didn't take frame or build type into account.
Not going to go into where I am now.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
Originally Posted by RLA
I was born fat and ugly, now i am old, fat, ugly and poor

Well at least you’ve gone down hill !😁
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
1969, right about this date, in fact...

140 - soaking wet. (After getting tossed into the "Solo Tank" for my first USAF solo flight.)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
Rock, for me, "A long time ago, in a galaxy, far, far away".
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
No, I do not remember such a time.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I was 5-9 and 135 now 5-8 195

I don't know buddy, I always thought you were about 280............
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
I got married in 1970 and Claudia is an excellent cook. I managed to keep the "inflation" down to a pound a year, which sounds great until you realize that was almost 50 years ago...

I manage to swing between my summer "fit" weight of 185 to my winter "sit on my butt" weight of...well, never mind. All those holiday dinners and baked goods add up. I walk the golf course two to three times a week from March to November. That's five miles pushing a club car each time, and it tuckers me out but also drops the excess avoirdupois in a hurry.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
175 on the way out of HS at 6'2". Left basic training at 195 and held that for a fair spell. Packed on 40# at my desk job and hover around 210 these days.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
6 ft 160# in college

Now 190.

Need to get to 180.

Weight stayed the same summer/ winter. But changed last 2 yrs. I might be at 185 now. Dunno.

Fugged up back and foot says i cant hop outside and burn 2 miles like i used to in 40's. Need to get another mountain bike ( punks broke into garage and stole mine ). Just not keen on dropping 2k right now.

Actually enjoyed running and biking
Posted By: horse1 Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
Graduated high-school 5'10 165#. I wore size 28x32 pants and a size 46 sport coat (I worked in a men's clothing store and wore a coat/suit to work). By the end of college I was same height, 200# and 34" waist and 50 coat. 20 yrs of traveling 3-5 states for work, all by car have been rough on the 'ol waistline. Started my 1st formalized diet program a week ago with the goal of getting under 250#.
Posted By: JPro Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
My pants are an inch bigger in the waist than they were with I was 18, so things aren't terribly out of line. I've noticed that times of less activity and bad eating certainly do stack up on me quicker at 40 than they once did.
Posted By: Sevastopol Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
1969, right about this date, in fact...

140 - soaking wet. (After getting tossed into the "Solo Tank" for my first USAF solo flight.)

[Linked Image]

Is this Bein?
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Remember Bein; Skinny? - 07/23/19
32’s to 36’s and now back to a 34.

I’ll be skinny again, damnit! Lol.
© 24hourcampfire