Home
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I wonder how old a fish that size would be?

Did they keep it and eat it or let it go?

That’s awesome.
When they get that big, are they even edible?
Wow! I can’t imagine the kind of fight that a grouper if that size would put up.
Originally Posted by scoony

Maybe to an Asian they'd be edible. What won't they eat?

Originally Posted by efw
I wonder how old a fish that size would be?

Did they keep it and eat it or let it go?

That’s awesome.

I think they are protected, it is catch and release. That fish might be more then 25 years old
I think in the US it's illegal to take them out of the water.
Not even 1000lb. fish IMO .
I've seen a replica measured [to the inch] of a 1650lb. marlin mounted on the floor of the King Kamehameha hotel while fishing in Hawaii , also many huge tuna at some of the tackle shops .

Grouper get some kind of worms in them when they grow old and large - no eat .

Friend of mine was attacked by a grouper while underwater welding in the Gulf [La.] it clamped onto his leg and tried to swallow it while dragging him around . A few times of burying a sharp object in its eyes it let go and looked elsewhere .
jew fish catch and release only. they are good eating. my grandfather use to catch them off the jetty's at south padre.
The article actually states the brothers caught 7 Goliaths, totaling over 2000 lbs.

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/father-sons-goliath-grouper-lifetime
Originally Posted by DownWind
The article actually states the brothers caught 7 Goliaths, totaling over 2000 lbs.

I'm not going to read it, but that makes sense. I've heard of 700lbs. and I've seen 350lbs. A 2,000lbs. jewfish? My first thought was: who weighed it?
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

I see the Asians fishing near me in the Minnesota River, and they keep literally everything they catch. There's all kinds of warnings up on the river about excessive fish consumption due to chemical contamination. I wouldn't touch that stuff. Guess they just don't care.
Lack of reading comprehension makes for a better fish story.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Lack of reading comprehension makes for a better fish story.

C'mon WYcoyote ... that's the mainstream media mantra!
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

I see the Asians fishing near me in the Minnesota River, and they keep literally everything they catch. There's all kinds of warnings up on the river about excessive fish consumption due to chemical contamination. I wouldn't touch that stuff. Guess they just don't care.

HEY, YOU NO WANT, YOU GIVE ME! That's a direct quote.
We have more than our share of "Happy Harvesters" in Utah. They catch a daily limit, take them home and come right back for another limit. Several times each day. They have lookouts to see if they're being watched, and they'll use any technique that works including snagging. If they see you on your phone, they'll get really angry with you. And they're not just Asians.
Originally Posted by DownWind

That makes more sense.

Impressive anyway though.
Who hasn't fudged in a fishing tale?
© 24hourcampfire