Home
Posted By: Stan V 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
I need another one, mostly for the UTV. So far I'm less than thrilled with these pumps.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19

buy once/cry once

these are good ones......carry bag......direct battery connection

$70 IIRC Amazon

https://www.viaircorp.com/portables/87p
Posted By: JSTUART Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
Originally Posted by Stan V
I need another one, mostly for the UTV. So far I'm less than thrilled with these pumps.

I purchased one of the units that comes in a large ammo can, sourced it locally and it seems to work fine.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
I have a VIAIR as well, 88P I think. I've only used it to "top off" pressures in tires. For that it has worked well.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
I have not used a VIAIR, but to date, I have never found a decent one.
Posted By: 1minute Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
Don't own one, but friends do. Better have a lot of time if one is topping off an 80 psi trailer tire.

keep the 87P in the UTV

300P in one of the trucks.....prob $130 now

https://www.viaircorp.com/portables/300p
Posted By: slumlord Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
To my experience they've sucked total ass and I thought after 20 yrs everyone knew they sucked total ass.

Now, as a disclaimer, I'm referring to anything under $40. I mean, they will/might/maybe get 30psi in your tire and let you limp along. Hell i can get that with two cans of fix a flat.

don't buy Walmart..Harbor Freight plug in POS's

Viair direct battery clamp on type

ya get what ya pay for
Posted By: Stan V Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
Thank y'all

I got a VIAIR for the truck and travel trailer. Works good. Built good.

Stay away from anything that plugs into a cigarette lighter.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
I have mini pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter. on my sxs, plus some tire plugs. It's stupid slow, but in a pinch it should work for a 26" tire. I should probably upgrade, a bed mount ammo can might b the ticket for tools and such.
Posted By: Stan V Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
I'll get that VIAIR 87, just need to run battery terminals to front of Ranger. Battery sits under seat and is awkward to access.
I bought a cheap Walmart piece of schit.

Works like a champ. Go figure.
Posted By: victoro Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
I have Campbell Hauslfeld 300psi that connects to the battery but I don't think it would inflate one of my 35" tires if it was flat without burning up first. It takes forever just to add a few psi to a low tire. I'm going to look for a better 12 volt compressor.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
Lifes important decisions!!!!
Never
Ever
Ever
Buy anything without official 24hr campfire advice.

I think Ronco made a pretty good one back in the day for $29.95 with a pocket pussy and tube of lube thrown in for good measure.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
I have a Viair 400 something, it will blow the tires off my F150. Pricey though.
Posted By: WoodrowFCall Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
I have a Viair 88P which has the battery clamps. Works great. Use it to air back up when off-roading.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
We got one of the Kobalt tool branded ones from Lowes. About 30 bucks. Claims to go to 120 psi but we'll never need anything close to that. Has a built in pressure gauge and plugs into a 12v power source. We have it just for occasional use and so far it works as claimed. I'm happy with it.
Posted By: Higginez Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/29/19
I'll get that VIAIR 87, just need to run battery terminals to front of Ranger. Battery sits under seat and is awkward to access.

These are awesome placed AT the battery when running remote power like that.

https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-CB2...&hvtargid=pla-570396597965&psc=1

Anderson connectors for the win.

https://www.amazon.com/Spurtar-Battery-Connect-Disconnect-Certified/dp/B07C69HJ2B/ref=sr_1_10?crid=59OMLNOZ4ZW&keywords=anderson+connector&qid=1564443718&s=automotive&sprefix=anderson+c%2Cautomotive%2C208&sr=1-10
Posted By: Windfall Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
Not a pump, but as a former scuba guy with the tank still down the basement, that power inflation piece off the hose on the regulator has saved me and the extended family lots of tire issues. $5.00 to fill the tank down at the dive shop and 80 cu ft of compressed air blows up lots of tires, air mattresses and kiddie pools. Fast too.
Posted By: justsaymoe Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Me too
Posted By: riflegunbuilder Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
VIAiR works.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
Cheap blue blower from NAPA. I can't believe it didnt croak 5 flat tires ago.
Posted By: Morewood Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
Originally Posted by tikkanut

buy once/cry once

these are good ones......carry bag......direct battery connection

$70 IIRC Amazon

https://www.viaircorp.com/portables/87p

Thanks, didn't know these existed.
Posted By: Bootsfishing Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
Ive gone thru two in the last 15 years or so and on my third now which is a porter cable. No problems so far....had it bout 4 years now.
Posted By: Bobmar Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
Any thoughts on the Superflow MV-50?
Posted By: JSTUART Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I purchased one of the units that comes in a large ammo can, sourced it locally and it seems to work fine.

One of these.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Me too, probably paid $20 for it 15 years back. No I don't air up semi trailer tires with it, but it's inflated a bunch of 45 lb pickup tires over the years. Whodathoughtit.
Posted By: Stan V Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
I have a VIAIR 87 on the way. I'll give an overview upon arrivall and use, it's a little bigger than I wanted (size) for the Polaris Ranger, but no problemo for the autos.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19

good choice !

[Linked Image]
Posted By: aalf Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
WHAT????? no love for the Air Dragon?

https://www.asseenontvlive.com/product/air-dragon/
Posted By: Stan V Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/30/19
Er, no
Posted By: Dawgin'it Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/31/19
I bought one of those 12V plug in units from NAPA, it sucked more than it blew. I tried to blow up an air mattress and an hour later it was only half full so I gave up. It went into the garbage. I recently purchased another "heavy duty" one to replace it. First time using it I was filling a trailer tire, it got up to 35psi then it quit, motor burned up. The tag on the cord said only use it for 10 minutes then let it cool for ten minutes, I doubt I had it hooked up for more than 11 minutes. What a POS
Posted By: Stan V Re: 12 v tire inflator - 07/31/19
Viair 87 arrived and filled low UTV tire in 20 seconds, and quiet. Looks like a quality product and is in fact smaller than the slime pump it replaces. Great recommendation!!
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: 12 v tire inflator - 08/01/19
I had a 19.99 Walmart one that lasted 15 years. Slow but worked. Guess I was lucky.
© 24hourcampfire