Home
Posted By: minnmarcus 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/06/19
350 Rem Mag Ammo has almost dried up. When I contacted Remington Ammo plant in Lonoke, Ar inquiring about any future plans to produce this ammo, they basically told me they had no plans to produce any, and said it was obsolete! I than called the factory ph 501-676-3161 and ended up talking to a gentleman, first name Kris, asking how they could stop production of a cartridge that they were still chambering rifles for only a couple years ago. He said they have had several frustrated customers calling and complaining about the same thing, and he would bring it up again to their marketing people. I personally own two rifles in this caliber, a 700 Classic and a 660 and have used them both, finding that it's a versatile round that preforms well. I'm sure there are many others out there that would agree. We need to put some heat on Remington to produce some ammo again. Please give them a call to voice your concern! Thanks!
Posted By: RJL53 Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/06/19
You need to start loading your own. I loaded all my 350 ammo when I had my Classic, never bought a factory box of it ever.
I do not mean to be disrespectful, but you really need to purchase reloading equipment.

Then you will not be held hostage to the whims of commercial ammo factories.
I do reload my own. However, I work for Cabelas, in the Gun Library and we have 350 Rem Mag rifles in our system that are getting increasingly harder to sell because of the lack of ammo. Hence my concern.
Throw in a set of loading dies with each rifle.
Whelennut
Posted By: slumlord Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/06/19
Originally Posted by minnmarcus
I do reload my own. However, I work for Cabelas, in the Gun Library and we have 350 Rem Mag rifles in our system that are getting increasingly harder to sell because of the lack of ammo. Hence my concern.

I smell a clearance sale
I have a Mod 7MS in 350 rem mag. I horded a case when I bought the rifle, and I did get the reloading dies, so I can reuse the brass. I would certainly be in favor of more Remington Core Lokt ammo though. I would buy a few more cases for sure.
Cheaper to just rechamber the rifle
Would a WSM reamer clean up the chamber?
Posted By: tzone Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/06/19
The important thing is...will this be on clearance at Walmart?
Just get a 35 Whelen and it will be easy to make brass from 30-06 brass at range pickups. Almost identical ballistics.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/06/19
I'm surprised at the lack of "love" that some posters here show for the 350RM. I've wanted a 600/660 in this chambering ever since I was a teen back in the 1970s. For me, it epitomizes the concept of the "North Woods" rifle. Something short and handy for moose, black bear and deer in the thick woods. The closest I've come to it is shooting a friend of mine's 673. Now I'll never shoot one again since I had both shoulders replaced, but I still want one just to have it.
Posted By: gunzo Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/06/19
My canned answer is usually; do yourself & your shooting future a favor & begin reloading.

But in this case my first thought was; I've been surprised to see how much 350RM ammo turns up in the classifieds here on a regular basis. Given past history & future threats, folks with whatever caliber might not be able to grab a box just when ever they feel like it ! Stock up!

Given only decent storage conditions, ammo has proven to have very good shelf life.
Posted By: cv540 Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/06/19
Tag
The big ammo companies are running what sells, such as .223 and 9mm, most of the time and only run batches of less popular rounds once a year, and sometimes less. That's what happened during Lil' Barry's 8 years, people were buying all the .223, 7.62x39, 9mm, etc. and they were selling it as fast as they could make it. For a while, you could hardly find ammo even for .243 and other popular chamberings.
I would buy some Remington factory ammo in 350 Rem Mag. I have two and would like to have some to hunt with and then reload. Be Well. Packy
Posted By: patch123 Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/06/19
Nosler still does a run every fall on 350 rem mag. 225 gr. Partitions and it shoots pretty darn good. Its spendy but if you need factory ammo this is your option. And when do decide to reload you already have premium brass.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/06/19
i have a remington 660 in 350. first saw it in a lgs, it got sold, didn't stay out long, ended back on the shelf and i bought it with about a half box of ammo. think the guy that bought it didn't like the recoil or ammo availability.
I thought it was a pretty cool rifle. But it was subject to the remington recall on the triggers, i didn't want to send it in, so bought a timney trigger.
i could not get the barrel/action out of the wood, so off to the gunsmith. Had him install the timney. He had a heck of a time getting it apart.
seems remington used some kind of glue like stuff, that over the years ended up like gorilla glue. I had that taken out, and the stock rebedded along with a new recoil pad to get rid of that 50 year old hard rubber one.
You can load it up there, or bring it down to reasonable levels.
as to the ammo, i managed scrounging to find a couple of loaded boxes, but googlefoing i ended up with about 400casings, which will keep it going for a long time. For some reason i am thinking starline made a run of brass, and i might have some of that too.
it can be loaded for small critters, deer, and into the elk big animal territory. at least 180 grain up to the 250 grain, and since it's .358, you can use pistol bullets and cast pistol bullets in it.
should get a lot more respect.
i did find brass on gunbroker and google, got it from the west coast clear to the east coast.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/06/19
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I'm surprised at the lack of "love" that some posters here show for the 350RM. I've wanted a 600/660 in this chambering ever since I was a teen back in the 1970s. For me, it epitomizes the concept of the "North Woods" rifle. Something short and handy for moose, black bear and deer in the thick woods. The closest I've come to it is shooting a friend of mine's 673. Now I'll never shoot one again since I had both shoulders replaced, but I still want one just to have it.

works in arizona too.
last fall with an elk tag, took the 660 along with a similar rifle, a browning lever in 358 winchester.
i am missing one 358 the whelen. 35remington, 350rem mag, 358 winchester, and 358norma.
358 is just a good bullet.
saw a good size mule deer punched a few years ago with a 358 winchester. i think a golf ball could have passed through the exit hole.
You forgot. The 358 Alaskan and the 358 legend.
I have the 35 Whelen and think 100 cases could very well outlast me.
whelennut
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/07/19
If I ever decide to sell my 700 Classic 350 RemMag I probably have as much value in stashed ammo as the rifle is worth, maybe more. My mix of factory ammo includes both 200 and 250 grain Remington Corelokt and a few boxes of the Nosler Custom 225 gr partition loads.
Originally Posted by UPhiker

There are times when a like button would be nice.
We have a 600 and had a 700 Classic.
The 600 is an airplane or snow machine gun for certain.
I have a Redding form/trim dies. Works fine.
Posted By: MJones Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/07/19
I have a bunch of factory Hornady aswell as brass I would give someone . PM me if interesred
Posted By: MJones Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/07/19
I have dies you could have too . If anybody wants it PM me and I'll give you my number and we can go from there . I'm in western Missouri down byTruman Lake .
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/07/19
I believe the 7 mag case is the parent case of the 350 rem mag. You could make some cases if you need to.
I’ve make some out of 7mm mag but you have to turn the necks.
Posted By: rem141r Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/07/19
i wanted a rem 600 350 mag since i ran into some guy in deer season using one in about 1973 or so. ended up finding a decent deal on a sweet one about 15 years ago and bought it and a bunch of various ammo. haven't found anything it doesn't like. its hard on the face though. small gun, big kick. kills on both ends.
Posted By: natman Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 08/07/19
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I believe the 7 mag case is the parent case of the 350 rem mag. You could make some cases if you need to.

Well, sort of, but it's not a simple neck up job. The 7mm Mag is a 30-06 length cartridge, the 350 RM is 308 length. It would require extensive case shortening and forming.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: 350 Remington Magnum Ammo - 02/15/20
I contacted Nosler and they are making another run of the Partitions in March, should be available in April.
© 24hourcampfire