Home
The National Rifle Association reportedly considered buying a $6 million mansion for use by CEO Wayne Lapierre.

The Washington Post reports documents show that the gun-rights group discussed buying the Dallas-area house for its CEO but talks fell through. The dealings are now under scrutiny by New York investigators as part of an ongoing investigation into the NRA’s tax-exempt status.

The NRA and its former longtime advertising firm, Ackerman McQueen are currently at odds over who planned to pay for the mansion and where the idea originated, according to The Post.

In a statement to the news outlet Tuesday, the ad firm said LaPierre initially asked for assistance with buying the house, a move that alarmed officials at Ackerman McQueen.

“Actions in this regard led to Ackerman McQueen’s loss of faith in Mr. LaPierre’s decision-making,” the firm said.

The NRA contends it was the ad firm that originally suggested last year to buy the house, seeing it as an investment to be managed by the firm’s top executives. The NRA added that its top leaders ended up rejecting the idea.

“The deal was vetoed by the NRA after its full terms — including Ackerman’s intent to spend NRA money — became known to Wayne LaPierre,” William Brewer III, an attorney for the organization, told The Post. “Not a cent of NRA money was ultimately spent. Any suggestion to the contrary is untrue.”

Ackerman McQueen told The Post that the NRA’s account of the dealings is “patently false.”

“The truth is that Mr. LaPierre decided to proactively propose his plan to leave his current residence and purchase a new residence,” the company said. “Acting outside the parties’ Services Agreement, Mr. LaPierre sought the involvement of Ackerman McQueen. Ackerman McQueen refused to proceed with this transaction.”

The dispute over the origins of the idea for a house for LaPierre is the latest ordeal between the two sides after the NRA cut ties with Ackerman McQueen back in May after nearly four decades.

The revelation is the latest blow to the gun lobbyist as it battles financial struggles and internal shakeups.

The Hill has reached out to the NRA for comment.
Well, if WAPO reported it, it must be true.
We need to find a slick lawyer to file a class action lawsuit against the NRA, Wayne and that embezzling law firm on behalf of it's members.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
We need to find a slick lawyer to file a class action lawsuit against the NRA, Wayne and that embezzling law firm on behalf of it's members.

Is that a fact?

What are you going to sue them for?
The fact that NRA hasn't sent LaPierre packing tells it all about NRAs commitment to themselves over gun owners and gun rights.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Is that a fact?

I'm not a lawyer.
How about fraud, misappropriation of funds or embezzlement? I think there's enough evidence out there to get embezzlement to stick. Or maybe racketeering.

Is that a fact?

Misappropriation of COMMON SENSE!!

That oughta work!!
They just called wanting me to renew. I told them to get rid of JWL and I would sign back up.
Is that a fact?

I'm not a lawyer.
How about fraud, misappropriation of funds or embezzlement? I think there's enough evidence out there to get embezzlement to stick. Or maybe racketeering.

Embezzlement and racketeering are criminal charges.

You can't sue for criminal charges.

A class action suit is a civil suit where multiple parties sue for civil damages.

So... You spend years in court to get your $36 membership fees back, and the huge team of lawyers will leave you about 23 1/2 cents as a payout, once their fees are deducted.

You are right. You aren't a lawyer. wink

The NRA needs to get their schidt together and get back in the fight.

Trashing them, or destroying them is what would make the gun grabbing Commies happier than anything.

Lots of people need to wake up, and start making some smart choices here.

That includes the membership.
The NRA has no doubt “considered” many silly and ridiculous things, then sensibly rejected them.

So?
Apparently the NRA doesn't read emails much.
They send me email wanitng money, I send them one;s saying no until WLP is gone.
Doesn't seem to faze them, their gimmie emails have not slowed down
The NRA is in need of an exorcism to rid itself of WLP and his extravagent lifestyle.
A class action suit is a civil suit where multiple parties sue for civil damages.

So... You spend years in court to get your $36 membership fees back, and the huge team of lawyers will leave you about 23 1/2 cents as a payout, once their fees are deducted.

Actually, I wouldn't spend *any* time in court. Some slick lawyer would. smile
I really don't care if I get any money back. It's about reforming a corrupted organization, which a civil court would have the authority to do. A civil court could review all the contracts and all the correspondence. Lawyers could do discovery which could lead to criminal charges.

BTW, the slick lawyer would get FAR more than 23 1/2 cents!

Just as an aside, I independently (not necessarily uniquely) came up with the concept of suing establishments after shootings occurred that had 30.06 signs posted. So, I'm not that far off base, I'm usually 10-15 years ahead.
They need their penis cut off, as in la pierre.
Is that a fact?

I'm not a lawyer.

Embezzlement and racketeering are criminal charges.

You can't sue for criminal charges.

The NRA needs to get their schidt together and get back in the fight.

Trashing them, or destroying them is what would make the gun grabbing Commies happier than anything.

Lots of people need to wake up, and start making some smart choices here.

That includes the membership.

Exactly, but until Wayne goes and they step up to support all our 2nd amendment rights I will not financially support them.
Anything for fat boy Wayne I geuss.
Him and all his minons need ta go.
Fugging Amway pyramid scheme schit is what it seems to be now.
Originally Posted by DubThomas
They just called wanting me to renew. I told them to get rid of JWL and I would sign back up.

Yep! When my 5 years are up, I won't renew unless that schidtstain is gone.
Harlen Carter all over again. Big heads loose perspective of reality.
They can take my guns, then I won't have any grin
My money goes to GOA. NRA can wish in one hand and schitt in the other and see which one fills up first. I haven't spent a penny with them in over 15 years. They're just another bunch of money-grubbing politicians, no matter how much they scream "The sky is falling!"
Jerry
They're just another bunch of money-grubbing politicians

politicians (spit) smirk
Is that a fact?

I'm not a lawyer.

I think the State of New York is looking into this. They've subpoenaed records from the NRA, Akerman and, the NRA Board of Directors in investigating the NRA.
Originally Posted by djs
Is that a fact?

I'm not a lawyer.

I think the State of New York is looking into this. They've subpoenaed records from the NRA, Akerman and, the NRA Board of Directors in investigating the NRA.
I don't trust NY as far as I can throw them. But this is happening because WE didn't take care of OUR mess sooner.

I hope NY cleans up the mess without destroying the NRA, but I'm not optimistic about it. NY is all about destruction.
Oh thats cool, maybe Hillary will stay there too...On y’alls dime.

Ha !

[Linked Image]
Does anybody know if Wayne L. even owns any guns? If so, who paid for them?? laugh

I sure would like to know if any of my past membership dues helped buy him some fine English shotgun that costs $40,000

Edit - does he have a car collection?? Art collection?? Coin collection?? Vacation properties??
The NRA might be able to recover and get back into the fight if they axe Wayne LaP. It's gotta be sooner rather than later though. That money grubbing azzhole has already done enough damage. As it is its gonna take years to recover their credibility.
I hate a [bleep] thief, but if there's one thing worse it's someone who will intentionally betray and rob the very people who gave him a position of trust.
7mm
I'm done with the NRA for as long as WLP is a part of the organization. I doubt they will miss me, but I work too hard for my money to watch them blow it.
Capitalism at work. Wayne is one shrewd cookie. Don't hate him because he's beautiful.
© 24hourcampfire