Home
Being one of California's largest, if not their largest retailer, I really don't like dealing with them. The amount of money they siphon off the top alone has forced me to quit using them as a selling site. And then when someone winds up with a fraud or fake, they will do nothing to help. I haven't had that issue myself, but I have read threads here about it.

While I like the idea of being able to find vintage items, I rarely am in the search for them.

Has anyone else considered it?
Haven't had an account for years due to their anti-gun policies.
Bought a few hard to get items year back, but never sold through them.
Pretty handy if you need an E-Body door handle for a 72 Cuda

But you do what you what you got to do.
For being anti gun it sure does have a lot of guns parts and gun related items for sale.

Use it as a tool like anything else.
No. I'd simply stop going there.
Rumor has it, when ebay started, some wanted it anti gun; so some members split off an started gun broker.
If you quit patronizing a place every time somebody opened up a thread on the fire you wouldn't have any place left...
No substitute that I know of.
If I can find something on there cheaper and it makes my life easier, I do it. Some times it isn't cheaper and I go elsewhere. Also, I buy gun stuff and part on there all the time. I just did it last week.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
For being anti gun it sure does have a lot of guns parts and gun related items for sale.

Use it as a tool like anything else.

Yep

Originally Posted by reivertom
If I can find something on there cheaper and it makes my life easier, I do it. Some times it isn't cheaper and I go elsewhere. Also, I buy gun stuff and part on there all the time. I just did it last week.

Yep
Only issues I have with eBay is not being able to give a non paying deadbeat negative feedback.
I bought a pair of Nikes off eBay while drinking a coke and wearing Levi’s.

Reckon I’m going to hell.
I have gotten some real deals and sold a bunch of junk . I'm surprised sometimes by what people will pay ,
I've been selling a few things on fleabay lately. The cut paypal and ebay gets is significant but with the prices people are paying I'm still coming out way ahead of what the same items are selling for in various classified sites.

It seems to be the cheapest place to buy whatever about half of the time, so I buy there often.

Last month I bought a new fuel lift pump for a deutz. It worked great for about 20hrs then it quit. The seller had a 30 day return policy, if the product was defective then the seller was supposed to provide a prepaid return label. I contacted them and started the return process and they never would send the prepaid label. I contacted Ebay and they told me they were notifying the seller to send the label within the next 5 days. They said if they don't send it then they will refund my money themselves and I will not need to return the product. And after the 5th day I got an email from ebay notifying me of the refund they sent.

Use it all the time. You can get reloading dies, McMillan stocks, Contender barrels, take-off barrels, rifle scopes, rifle sights, scope mounts, scope rings, and on and on . . . .
I've bought quite a few hard to find items there but have never sold anything. I've never had a bad experience...
I use it with a fair degree of regularity. The search parameters in Ebay are much more user friendly and offer many more options than Amazon does. It has been a gold mine in helping me find the bicycle parts I want. I am willing to eschew a company on account of their politics, but I am not quite there with Ebay.

A little further away from the intent of the OP. How many folks here have companies on their schidtlist and post CNN, NYT and Wapo links on a regular basis? I do not willingly open links from left wing propaganda outlets.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Rumor has it, when ebay started, some wanted it anti gun; so some members split off an started gun broker.

I joined ebay around 1996 when you could still buy ammo through the auctions. Slick Willie was the one who got them to change their policy towards guns. Can remember the message from the guy who founded it when the policy was changed. The tone of the message I got was like he didn't really want to do it, but was coerced into doing it. He didn't outright name Clinton, you could read between the lines,
© 24hourcampfire