Home
Yesterday, my 23 year old daughter fired a rifle for the first time; I had been with her before and helped her shoot but she fired this rifle herself by sucking on a vacuum actuator system attached to the firearm. The trigger activator is mounted to the trigger guard with electronic leads going to a 6V battery; Janet holds the "safety" on the box with the vacuum. When I tell her I am ready, she switches the safety and gives her the tube to suck. The vacuum is changed to an electronic signal which pulls the trigger.

We used this system on a crossbow whitetail deer hunt last year with Holy Pursuit's Dream Foundation in which she harvested a doe.

She was very happy to be able to physically fire the firearm. She has cerebral palsy and is confined to a wheelchair with limited mobility. We'll be doing some more practice and fine-tuning our system as we have some hunts together this fall; a foundation is taking her on her dream mule deer hunt in WY this fall and we will hunt whitetail here on our property. There are some discussions about other hunt possibilities so we may be busy this fall!

It is great that there is adaptive equipment technology that helps people do something together. I love being able to see her excited about shooting alongside me.

Attached picture Savage 1.jpg
Attached picture Savage 2.jpg
Attached picture Kenzi resize.jpg
That made my day! Awesome, congrats to your daughter and good luck hunting with her this fall!!!
She's got a great smile!

Good for her! smile
great story - being able to share your passion with her and make it her own
Good for you Mom and Dad. That's something she will always remember.
Well done and good on her!
It looks like she was thrilled gettin that shot off! I was thrilled for her. Thanks for posting that!

I'll be praying for God's Blessings on you and yours, but particularly on Kenzi!
Great news for sure.
OUTSTANDING! I hope she tags some big critters this fall.
I remember last years hunt! Amazing to see the pure enjoyment and excitement of your daughter. Congrats dad and mom. I hope this season is amazing as well!
Just curious where in WY are you guys headed?
Originally Posted by 805
I remember last years hunt! Amazing to see the pure enjoyment and excitement of your daughter. Congrats dad and mom. I hope this season is amazing as well!
Just curious where in WY are you guys headed?

Somewhere around Chugwater, north of Cheyenne.
I did some work on a rig for a guy who war paralyzed almost completely from the neck down. We rigged up a cradle to hold the rifle so he coud sight through the scope and he had just enough mobility to be able to paw at a lever for the trigger. With light loads he could shoot without getting scope rash. He sighted by moving the chair with a hand control he could paw at. If any of that might work for her give me a holler.
Nice!

[Linked Image]
That is great! Thank you for sharing!
Simply Bully!!!!!!
Fugging AWESOME!!

I love seeing this kind of stuff. Your a good mom and dad.
Awesome! I truly love these type of threads. Your daughter is an inspiration and sheโ€™s darn lucky to have a dad like you. Definitely a 2 thumbs up kinda post. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Simply awesome!
Words are inadequately. Great job Mom and Dad. Good luck with fall hunts.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Nice!

[Linked Image]

HAAHaa - cool great shooting Kensi I remember the other shooting video .

God bless all of you ..
That is awesome! I shared it with both my daughters and they cheered for her.
Fantastic! She got a kick out of that, she did a great job.
Itโ€™s posts like this one which makes the 24 the best place to be.

I hope she gets a frigin boomer this fall.
that is what life is about. great family fun keep at it
Absolutely outstanding!!!!

I can almost hear the liberal blissninnies screaming . Let 'em.
You just made my day! That was fantastic!
Amazing!!! So happy for you to experience this together.
Geat to see, this is outstanding work by you ALL !!!
That was AWESOME!!!!
That's great, parents like you are an inspiration! Hope she gets a record mulie in WY!
Awesome!!! Best of luck to her on her hunts this fall!! Really enjoyed your hunt reports from last season!
All the above X1000!!!!

Way to go Kenzi...you are truly inspirational!!!!!
Well done sir, well done.
Very Cool in deed
Congrats on having a Kid that likes to go shooting
Sometimes you meet or hear of folks whose goodness and courage so far surpasses your own that you feel like a worm. Tulsaburnside et al, God bless you and yours.
So nice, I had to watch it twice! Love it. Well done Mom & Dad.

Have fun Kenzi! It can be awfully addictive in a good way.
Obviously the lady has heart. Good for her and the support group as well.

Good luck,
Well, what's not to like about this? Godspeed in all your endeavors.
Nice!
Very inspirational
I enjoyed her hunt last year

Deserves a ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Awesome! I truly love these type of threads. Your daughter is an inspiration and sheโ€™s darn lucky to have a dad like you. Definitely a 2 thumbs up kinda post. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Thanks bud. She really helped elevate me to be more of a father than I thought I could be.
That's great!!!
Thatโ€™s awesome. Spending time with family is what itโ€™s all about.
too cool!
© 24hourcampfire