Home
Posted By: GrandView Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
https://www.dailywire.com/news/50424/breaking-good-guy-gun-stops-potential-attack-ryan-saavedra
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Good guy with balls!
Posted By: GrandView Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Now read this one...

https://www.wtok.com/content/news/M...ested-at-Missouri-Walmart-528742881.html
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Body armor......

Practice those failure drills. Practice head and pelvic shots.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
So did the guy break a law; or just a dink with a gun?
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Good question.

Was he legally detained?
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19

So going to Walmart 6 days after a mass shooting at a Walmart wearing body armour and a handgun and a rifle with a 100 rounds is normal? Sounds like he stopped a copycat shooter.
Sounds like he stopped a copycat shooter.

Based on a pile of empty brass?
Posted By: MOGC Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Open carry is legal in Missouri. Legal or not, in light of recent events this guy is an idiot. He is definitely not helping the 2A cause.
True story. Lots of crazy going on

Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Good thing he didn't shoot there would be murder charges...open carry is leagle. He hadn't committed a crime yet...the guy is still a hero no doubt he probably saved lives...I admire his restraint for not pulling the trigger..
Originally Posted by MOGC
Open carry is legal in Missouri. Legal or not, in light of recent events this guy is an idiot. He is definitely not helping the 2A cause.

Guy walks into Walmart, body armor and open carry rifle. Takes a cart and walks around store filming himself. Manager pulls fire alarm. Guy exits store as everybody else did......and was detained by CCW fireman.

What's the motivation? He's filming himself for a reason.
What's the motivation? He's filming himself for a reason.

A pro gun you tube video grin
[Linked Image]
Posted By: shootem Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Idiot. Big time idiot. And azzwhole. Wouldn't drop a tear if he had left his brains behind on the pavement on his ride to the morgue.
Posted By: kellory Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
[Linked Image]

Because the bad guys already do.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Originally Posted by kellory
[Linked Image]

That's a camera.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
[Linked Image]

That's a camera.

Lol...I believe you're right. I'm reminded of a proposed camera designed to look like a hunting rifle. It was called Kill-Shot. Designed for soft hearted hunters. Dumbest idea ever. Evolved into a game like laser tag, with cell phone notifications when hit.

Note: if this was aimed at me, I'd give my condolences to his next of kin.
Posted By: Rockymtnhigh Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19

I just don't get the gun owners that do not support 2A...I know a couple of Dems like this. They say the reason they don't support it is because they do not believe the average Civilian should be able to own military style weapons.. Isn't that the point of 2A, so the average citizen can defend himself against the governnent/ military style weapons if it ever comes to that?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
So he was completely legal and within his rights, but was arrested?

Hmmmm. Sticky situation.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Very sticky.

Arrested for ?

Causing a peaceful riot?

Disturbing the peace?

Maybe the manager gets admonished for pulling the fire alarm during a non-emergency situation?

Geno
Posted By: texasbatman Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
I really liked the last paragraph or 2.

Jim
Posted By: 280Rem1 Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Terrorism: "An act of violence OR THE THREAT OF POTENTIAL VIOLENCE to further one's political, religous, idealogical or social goals." In my eyes, he is definitely guilty of a terrorist act in light of recent events. Guilty!
Just re-read my post and realize many of the democratic party is guilty of this, as-well-as Antifa!
Posted By: benchman Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Probably another liberal, causing a ruckus by acting irresponsibly, but technically, not illegal. I liken it to yelling fire in a crowded theater. You have freedom of speech, but you are expected to exercise it responsibly.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
The media feeding frenzy over all things gun related has the entire country sucked into the notion that guns are evil and if we could only ban all firearms we'd all be safe. Of course this is lunacy of the first order but it's "main stream". I'm convinced they can make you believe whatever they want.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19

Open carry is legal here in Kentucky, and when you see some stupid SOB walking around a Walmart with a pistol strapped on them, most of them look just like what you'd expect a mass shooter to look like.

There are times and places to be discreet, something that most of us know. Walking around in a public place, armed to the teeth, following a series of mass shootings, is about as dumb a thing as a person can do.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
So did the guy break a law

Yeah, the " I'm incredibly stupid" law...
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
So you can be assured that this story will be buried by the national media.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
This will be all over CNN, along with demands for a national Constitutional Carry law.

Why 100 rounds of ammo if he didn't intend to shoot the place up?
[Linked Image]

You fell for it.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
I believe in my state the cops have a list of things to charge you with for being a dumbass.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Guns ain’t the problem......stupid ass millennials are.

This idiot is lucky his head is still attached to his shoulders and it should be shoved up his ass for pulling this little stunt.

What a dumbphuqq....
Posted By: memtb Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Originally Posted by blindshooter
I believe in my state the cops have a list of things to charge you with for being a dumbass.

I believe it falls under.....”Aggravated Stupidity”! memtb
Posted By: ldholton Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Y'all might feel different if part of your family was in that Walmart at the time. Mine was anybody that supports the action of this stupid m*********** you are the worst enemy of the Second Amendment. Legal or not absolutely her witness Lee f****** stupid trust me I was around he has no idea how lucky he is that he was not dead it was within 30 seconds of happening.
He should have just dropped the guy.
Originally Posted by ldholton
Y'all might feel different if part of your family was in that Walmart at the time. Mine was anybody that supports the action of this stupid m*********** you are the worst enemy of the Second Amendment. Legal or not absolutely her witness Lee f****** stupid trust me I was around he has no idea how lucky he is that he was not dead it was within 30 seconds of happening.

I don't know if anybody defended him, I'm pretty sure he was a dumbass that planned to shoot it up. BUT, what do you do if he's legally carrying? Can you imagine the precedent it sets to drop anyone carrying a gun, LEGALLY? What follows that?

Were your family members carrying and able to defend themselves when they were there?
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I don't know if anybody defended him, I'm pretty sure he was a dumbass that planned to shoot it up. BUT, what do you do if he's legally carrying? Can you imagine the precedent it sets to drop anyone carrying a gun, LEGALLY? What follows that?

Were your family members carrying and able to defend themselves when they were there?

Sister-in-law now she's not a gun carrier nor really is she qualified to be. And her four kids. Situations like this is exactly why I have never really supported open carry and I like Urban environment. At home rugeley small towns where everybody knows everybody yeah I no big deal. Nor have I ever really supported constitutional care. I firmly believe that if you're going to be carrying a gun you need to have at least basic training and knowledge of the firearm and the laws that ensue this. For just anyone that can purchase a pistol loaded up stick it in your pocket in the start down the street is it room for a problem. And not only that but it also makes both such laws makes it harder to identify a good guy from a bad guy in the situation that just happened was this guy just an idiot or was he intending to do harm.

Sister-in-law now she's not a gun carrier nor really is she qualified to be. And her four kids. Situations like this is exactly why I have never really supported open carry and I like Urban environment. At home rugeley small towns where everybody knows everybody yeah I no big deal. Nor have I ever really supported constitutional care. I firmly believe that if you're going to be carrying a gun you need to have at least basic training and knowledge of the firearm and the laws that ensue this. For just anyone that can purchase a pistol loaded up stick it in your pocket in the start down the street is it room for a problem. And not only that but it also makes both such laws makes it harder to identify a good guy from a bad guy in the situation that just happened was this guy just an idiot or was he intending to do harm.

So you don't support gun ownership or the 2nd Amendment?
Posted By: Snyper Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Why 100 rounds of ammo if he didn't intend to shoot the place up?

2-3 mags for a rifle and a couple for a handgun would come close to 100 easily.
Your question sounds like something an anti-gunner would ask.

Here you go start that b******* that is not even close to what I said. The all-or-nothing attitude is exactly in the future going to get you nothing
You can't ignore the context in which it this occurred. He either intended to create the impression he was a mass shooter, or he actually was intending to be one. I can't see how this can be interpreted in a innocuous way.
[Linked Image]

You fell for it.

Yep, sure did. Fell for it once before, when I was delivering pizzas quite a few years ago. Drunk fool answers the door with a shotgun at port arms, and swaying. He asked "what's to keep me from just taking the pizza, your money, and anything else you got?"
I slid the pizza bag off my hand and revealed a semi-auto pistol in my hand, under the bag. "This will do for starters". He was too drunk to even react, but one of the others at the poker table took the shotgun away from him. Said "it was just a joke, it ain't loaded. You wouldn't really have shot him, would you?"
"That idiot would be bleeding out right now, if he had waved that barrel in my direction. How the hell can I know if it's loaded or not? "
So aiming what appears to be lethal force at me, is not a wise move. I have no doubt I will pull the trigger, if the threat appears real.

Here you go start that b******* that is not even close to what I said. The all-or-nothing attitude is exactly in the future going to get you nothing

Well, you might want to re-read what you wrote.

You want mandatory training for gun owners.

No open carry in urban environments?

You don't think you're relative is qualified to carry a gun. Who decides that, you, the govt? Does she have any rights or do you decide for her?

You think anybody can buy a gun and shove it in their pocket. What about form 4473 and background checks, they don't exist or what?

You think it's automatically a problem if someone buys a pistol loads it up and sticks it in their pocket? My dad did exactly that with a small 380 and never killed anybody.

No Constitutional carry either?

And are you punch drunk, what's with the writing? Some of what you wrote is incoherent.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
[Linked Image]

That "looks" very evil! grin
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
clic pic for video

[Linked Image]
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19

Incident in SPFD Walmart, rumor is 20 year old guy way was protesting non sale of ammo to those under 21. Open carry law in Missouri, unless the city has an ordinance that he broke, likely won't be charged. X fireman who held him at pistol point may have a problem as he broke a couple of laws. Manager also broke law by pulling the fire alarm. Interesting to see what happens. GW
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
What an idiot. Even if it is somehow proven that he was walking around exercising his rights and meant absolutely no harm he should a) be charged with disturbing the peace and b) being a moron in public. Holly crap.

You don't think you're relative is qualified to carry a gun. Who decides that, you, the govt? Does she have any rights or do you decide for her?

You think anybody can buy a gun and shove it in their pocket. What about form 4473 and background checks, they don't exist or what?

You think it's automatically a problem if someone buys a pistol loads it up and sticks it in their pocket? My dad did exactly that with a small 380 and never killed anybody.

And are you punch drunk, what's with the writing? Some of what you wrote is incoherent.

It's called talk-to-text and yeah it sometimes messes up. If you think you live in a f****** perfect world you are an ignorant [bleep]. If you think just anybody can take a pistol and defend their self with no training you're an idiot. What is wrong with having people properly trained. Someone like my sister-in-law in that situation if she had had a pistol and pulled it out she probably more likely would have shot innocent people and not the bad guy. Imagine you're the same damn way cuz you're a f****** dumbass.
I never said it was easy answers to all of this but you have to admit one set of laws for an entire large area and populist doesn't always work if you think it does well maybe you are a fan of the One World Government?

It's called talk-to-text and yeah it sometimes messes up. If you think you live in a f****** perfect world you are an ignorant [bleep]. If you think just anybody can take a pistol and defend their self with no training you're an idiot. What is wrong with having people properly trained. Someone like my sister-in-law in that situation if she had had a pistol and pulled it out she probably more likely would have shot innocent people and not the bad guy. Imagine you're the same damn way cuz you're a f****** dumbass.
I never said it was easy answers to all of this but you have to admit one set of laws for an entire large area and populist doesn't always work if you think it does well maybe you are a fan of the One World Government?

Sorry I got a little over-the-top there this talk-to-text s*** when it makes you look like an idiot going to irritating to me. What is a group of people that agree on 90% of the things while we need is some answers not a fighting

Sorry I got a little over-the-top there this talk-to-text s*** when it makes you look like an idiot going to irritating to me. What is a group of people that agree on 90% of the things while we need is some answers not a fighting

The good news is your talk to text got all the swearwords and name calling right. Good that we all get along around here and all.
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
What an idiot. Even if it is somehow proven that he was walking around exercising his rights and meant absolutely no harm he should a) be charged with disturbing the peace and b) being a moron in public. Holly crap.

No offense, but that sounds like the left talking. No doubt he's an idiot out of touch with the situation, but it's hard to argue much IF HE'S LEGAL. If he's not, then that's fine, he gets what he deserves.

My point is, all these knee jerk reactions sound just like the snowflakes on the left. All based on emotions and not reason.

Society as a whole has drifted far left and taken a bunch of the right with it in the process, as evidenced by many here.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
[Linked Image]

Is that an air rifle?

Any infringement on the 2A is anti 2A. We wouldn't have this discussion if Justice was served, rather than the legal system being served.
Melanie could tell ya what it is.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
[Linked Image]

Is that an air rifle?

If they succeed in getting rid of guns like this, then they will go for the next most evil gun and keep on going until we have none.

They aren't after these type guns. They are after OUR guns. These are just the ones they want NOW.
[Linked Image]

I'm offended by that and need a safe space.
These are just the ones they want NOW.

they want free chit?
So are we now into “nationwide concealed carry”?

How about we do this “All encompassing Universal background check”: your background check proves your citizenship, ability to purchase firearms, carry concealed nationwide, and is your voter ID.

One and done in a single session of Congress.
Posted By: efw Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Weird
Originally Posted by 16bore
So are we now into “nationwide concealed carry”?

How about we do this “All encompassing Universal background check”: your background check proves your citizenship, ability to purchase firearms, carry concealed nationwide, and is your voter ID.

One and done in a single session of Congress.

If a certain prominent politician was surrounding himself with staunch conservatives and was watching out for AMERICA and not himself and his approval rating, this is the kind of thing we would see being pushed.
[quote=ldholton][quote=Fireball2][quote=ldholton][quote=Fireball2]

You think it's automatically a problem if someone buys a pistol loads it up and sticks it in

Any infringement on the 2A is anti 2A. We wouldn't have this discussion if Justice was served, rather than the legal system being served.

I don't totally disagree with that statement. But answer me a question where when open carry is legal and constitutional carry is legal really constitutional carry kind of out of this phrase anyway but when open carry is legal and you're in a crowded store like that where an ordeal like this does not fit some kid toting around an AR in tactical gear how do you know if he's illegal and just kind of a dumbass or if he's a threat how do you know the difference. Wait till I start shooting?
If a certain prominent politician was surrounding himself with staunch conservatives and was watching out for AMERICA and not himself and his approval rating, this is the kind of thing we would see being pushed.

I hope after trump cuts our throats, his boy will still be able to pay big bucks to shoot chit; and some poor guide will pocket his money.

You think it's automatically a problem if someone buys a pistol loads it up and sticks it in

I don't totally disagree with that statement. But answer me a question where when open carry is legal and constitutional carry is legal really constitutional carry kind of out of this phrase anyway but when open carry is legal and you're in a crowded store like that where an ordeal like this does not fit some kid toting around an AR in tactical gear how do you know if he's illegal and just kind of a dumbass or if he's a threat how do you know the difference. Wait till I start shooting?

You either have freedom or you don't.

We all know how this ends, and freedom loses.
Posted By: efw Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19

Don’t forget c) lucky to be alive and d) a near Darwin Award winner
Posted By: BLG Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19

I hope after trump cuts our throats, his boy will still be able to pay big bucks to shoot chit; and some poor guide will pocket his money.

Does your pusssy ever stop hurting?

Clyde
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
The dumbass w/ the rifle and his rights seen to distract many from the positive lesson to be learned. An aware citizen manned up and acted appropriately to a potentially serious threat. He did not overreact or panic or run and hide. He put himself at risk on many levels and contained the situation. His clear thinking and appropriate actions should serve as an example to all. Well done fireguy.

In this day and age anyone who thinks it is OK to walk around in public places clad in body armor and carrying a weapon is doing more harm to our rights than most that hate guns.

mike r

Can your dickhead president keep his mouth shut? grin Don't phugg with my guns. Its simple. wink

and if you support it gfy too. Do you need to be told that the NRA was trumps biggest super-pac ,dumbass?

You either have freedom or you don't.

We all know how this ends, and freedom loses.

Still didn't answer the question
Well, since your statements above show that you are at best extremely "conditional" and arbitrary with the application of the 2nd Amendment to a persons freedom, I won't be saying what you want to hear today. If the man was legal and within Walmarts official policy to allow open carry in their stores, then he was legal and had done nothing wrong. If there are other laws that would apply such as disturbing the peace, which might make sense in this case, then hit him with them.

Let's face it, if it's legal to carry you can't make it illegal just because you are alarmed by it. If that were the case the snowflakes have won, since they're too delicate to be in the presence of just about anything. If he violated some other laws then he could rightfully be prosecuted for them. Where I would have a problem is if they pin something on him that's pure BS just to make a statement, or to make an example out of a perfectly law abiding citizen. Because, the downside to that is next time it will be you or I, Mr. Law Abiding Citizen that gets the gaff, because some snowflake was offended.

If he broke the law, and it's not some bogus trumped up BS law, then fine. If not, he walks.

Should he be investigated? Legally I don't know, but my gut tells me "Hell yes!"
Should he be investigated? Legally I don't know, but my gut tells me "Hell yes!"

better yet, a nice red flag law and permanently disarm him for mental instability
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19

No offense, but that sounds like the left talking. No doubt he's an idiot out of touch with the situation, but it's hard to argue much IF HE'S LEGAL. If he's not, then that's fine, he gets what he deserves.

My point is, all these knee jerk reactions sound just like the snowflakes on the left. All based on emotions and not reason.

Society as a whole has drifted far left and taken a bunch of the right with it in the process, as evidenced by many here.

I'm about as far right as you can get. He's a poster child for the left walking around in public like that. Next thing you know he'll be all over the news touting "I was just exercising my God given and constitutional rights" and, make no mistake about it, if that happens, he will be the face of the 2nd amendment as far as the left and the news are concerned, whether we like it or not. And then we will sit here and posture with one another about how he's not and how he's a disgrace, blah, blah, blah.

No offense taken. By the way, he certainly disturbed the peace and, in my opinion, he certainly was a moron in public. Slam dunk on both counts whether he was exercising his God given and constitutional rights or not. It's about the same as if I walked into my bank, lawfully carrying my gun, wearing a hockey goalie mask to do some legitimate banking. Yep, I'm exercising my rights and behaving like a moron and, in all likelihood, disturbing the peace also. We gun carriers can be our own worse enemies and poster children for the left just by behaving in moronic behavior.

I'm about as far right as you can get. He's a poster child for the left walking around in public like that. Next thing you know he'll be all over the news touting "I was just exercising my God given and constitutional rights" and, make no mistake about it, if that happens, he will be the face of the 2nd amendment as far as the left and the news are concerned, whether we like it or not. And then we will sit here and posture with one another about how he's not and how he's a disgrace, blah, blah, blah.

Yes, agreed.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
What that dumbass did, just doesn't pass the 'common sense test'. Plain and simple.

I sure as hell wouldn't trust him going forward.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Freedoms come with responsibilities. This kid failed the test.

better yet, a nice red flag law and permanently disarm him for mental instability

Because laws always stop criminals dead in their tracks.

Oh dang, I can't murder 27 people in a Walmart today, it's illegal! Dammit!!!!!
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Its right up there with breast feeding IMO
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Similar to this-

Self-government won't work without self-discipline.

Paul Harvey
Well, since your statements above show that you are at best extremely "conditional" and arbitrary with the application of the 2nd Amendment to a persons freedom, I won't be saying what you want to hear today. If the man was legal and within Walmarts official policy to allow open carry in their stores, then he was legal and had done nothing wrong. If there are other laws that would apply such as disturbing the peace, which might make sense in this case, then hit him with them.

Let's face it, if it's legal to carry you can't make it illegal just because you are alarmed by it. If that were the case the snowflakes have won, since they're too delicate to be in the presence of just about anything. If he violated some other laws then he could rightfully be prosecuted for them. Where I would have a problem is if they pin something on him that's pure BS just to make a statement, or to make an example out of a perfectly law abiding citizen. Because, the downside to that is next time it will be you or I, Mr. Law Abiding Citizen that gets the gaff, because some snowflake was offended.

If he broke the law, and it's not some bogus trumped up BS law, then fine. If not, he walks.

Still haven't answered the one question simple question have you.

Yes, I did. If he's legal he walks, so yes, you wait until he breaks the law until you do something. That's kinda how it works, ya know? Although the way things are going the thought police won't have to wait for action, just thoughts will be enough to get you arrested. Or even if you don't have the thoughts, if they think you might have the thought, that's good enough! That seems to be where you're at. Arrest anyone you think might be about to break the law.

If you aren't happy to wait until a legally armed man does something illegal before you arrest him, then lobby for more laws, or arrest anyone that you're afraid of. What else can I say to you? Legal is legal, illegal is illegal.
It’s not illegal to stick a loaded pistol in your mouth, but it’s a crime to pull the trigger.

Too late is too late or “exercising freedoms”?

If the kid had been killed, the narrative would be even more gun control even though a “good guy” thwarted the matter.

You can’t fix stupid.
Posted By: BLG Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19

Can your dickhead president keep his mouth shut? grin Don't phugg with my guns. Its simple. wink

and if you support it gfy too. Do you need to be told that the NRA was trumps biggest super-pac ,dumbass?

So who you voting for, Bernie, Kamala, Booker or Biden? Maybe Gabbard since she's a looker. Oh wait let me add this grin

Clyde
So who you voting for, Bernie, Kamala, Booker or Biden? Maybe Gabbard since she's a looker.

Another idiot that doesn't realize trump is president.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
clic pic for video

[Linked Image]

Another dumbas@ young white boy. What am I missing? What the hell has happened to this generation of young, middle class white boys that now motivates this demographic to do this? I honestly don't understand it at all.
What the hell has happened to this generation of young, middle class white boys that now motivates this demographic to do this?

I used to take guns to school. We even had a rifle team at the school. Here in Alaska, we have gun shows at senior centers, churches and schools.
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

Another dumbas@ young white boy. What am I missing? What the hell has happened to this generation of young, middle class white boys that now motivates this demographic to do this? I honestly don't understand it at all.

I bet it would be simple to figure out if anyone was looking at what they do with their time.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
clic pic for video

[Linked Image]

Got2b Fireballs love child because a son of a b**** I ain't from here

Yes, I did. If he's legal he walks, so yes, you wait until he breaks the law until you do something. That's kinda how it works, ya know? Although the way things are going the thought police won't have to wait for action, just thoughts will be enough to get you arrested. Or even if you don't have the thoughts, if they think you might have the thought, that's good enough! That seems to be where you're at. Arrest anyone you think might be about to break the law.

If you aren't happy to wait until a legally armed man does something illegal before you arrest him, then lobby for more laws, or arrest anyone that you're afraid of. What else can I say to you? Legal is legal, illegal is illegal.

So wait tell someone innocent get shot . I got you I love your train of thought. And also tell me to arrest somebody that I'm scared of love your train of thought. You're just like the homos that call you homophobic if you think they're f****** disgusting. You actually belong in the northwest.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
The dumbass w/ the rifle and his rights seen to distract many from the positive lesson to be learned. An aware citizen manned up and acted appropriately to a potentially serious threat. He did not overreact or panic or run and hide. He put himself at risk on many levels and contained the situation. His clear thinking and appropriate actions should serve as an example to all. Well done fireguy.

In this day and age anyone who thinks it is OK to walk around in public places clad in body armor and carrying a weapon is doing more harm to our rights than most that hate guns.

mike r

+1
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Originally Posted by efw
Weird

I have been a card carrying CCW member of society for many years. I would never open carry in an urban setting, wouldn’t recommend others do the same.

I’m not against the right to do so. But, OC requires some judgement. Stuff like this does not further our cause, in fact has the opposite reaction. I’m glad the CCW guy showed this idiot the wrong end of his weapon. We need more like him, fewer OC idiots like the perp he stopped. Hope they throw the book at him.

You can educate ignorant, not much you can do with stupid.

DF

I bet it would be simple to figure out if anyone was looking at what they do with their time.

Yeah, your probably right. I just can't even imagine what it's like being at that age today. When I was that age, all I could think about was girls, squirrel hunting and getting my work done before the old man got home. I was probably around 24 before I realized my birth given name wasn't "Get Firewood".
Posted By: dodgefan Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19

Select Elite shoot somebody innocent to do something I got you I love your train of thought. And also tell me to arrest somebody that I'm scared of love your train of thought they're just like ever fight in the country thinks you're homophobic if you think they're f****** disgusting. You actually belong in the northwest.

Dang man you need to go back to actually texting.

When we used to hear someone say something incomprehensible like your post our reply was usually "Say again, you're coming in broken and stupid".
Originally Posted by dodgefan

Select Elite shoot somebody innocent to do something I got you I love your train of thought. And also tell me to arrest somebody that I'm scared of love your train of thought they're just like ever fight in the country thinks you're homophobic if you think they're f****** disgusting. You actually belong in the northwest.

Dang man you need to go back to actually texting.

When we used to hear someone say something incomprehensible like your post our reply was usually "Say again, you're coming in broken and stupid".

Lol I fix that one
ldholton I'm pickin up the anger, but I'm not following what you're trying to say. You're garbled man.
Posted By: greydog Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
I thought it was interesting that, although the news reported the guy was stopped and held by an armed "off-duty fireman", they really kind of downplayed that aspect. They had to bring up that the intervener was an off-duty fireman rather than just being a legally armed citizen; which is what he is. As if the outcome couldn't have been the same if he was an off-duty waiter, or an off-duty sanitation worker.
I would not be surprised to learn the young man is a left-leaning gun control advocate but I would be shocked if we ever heard about it through the MSM. It has always been sickening how firearms owners are portrayed in the media and it is getting worse all the time. GD
Let’s put it another way:

“Off duty government worker, here to save you”
Wait.....even better. It’s the Russian’s phuqqing with us again. Just look at the dudes last name.
Posted By: Kyhilljack Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
He was doing a 2nd Amendment audit. Look at them on youtube.
Stupid given the current climate, but not illegal. He walked today no charges.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
Originally Posted by 16bore
Wait.....even better. It’s the Russian’s phuqqing with us again. Just look at the dudes last name.

Nah.

A real Russian would have shot the perp.

DF

In the case of Connor Betts, it was Antifa, The John Brown Gun Club, Elizabeth Warren's and Bernie Sanders' leftist, anti-White, rhetoric.

Also, when a black guy shoots up a gathering of people and kills a bunch of them, the national news media is silent, thus creating the false impression that this is a white thing, when the numbers show (90% of mass shootings are carried out by blacks) just the opposite.
Posted By: Oakster Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19

You cant drop the guy until he is a threat. I think detaining was appropriate. What if someone was returning a rifle to the store that did not function properly? Someone going to drop them?
Originally Posted by Oakster

You cant drop the guy until he is a threat. I think detaining was appropriate. What if someone was returning a rifle to the store that did not function properly? Someone going to drop them?

The local Wally world's don't sell ARS plus this was a Walmart Market Center your point is mute
Moot
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/09/19
In effect, he was carrying a big red flag.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/10/19
Bump for Starman
Posted By: efw Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/10/19
Originally Posted by greydog
I thought it was interesting that, although the news reported the guy was stopped and held by an armed "off-duty fireman", they really kind of downplayed that aspect. They had to bring up that the intervener was an off-duty fireman rather than just being a legally armed citizen; which is what he is. As if the outcome couldn't have been the same if he was an off-duty waiter, or an off-duty sanitation worker.
I would not be surprised to learn the young man is a left-leaning gun control advocate but I would be shocked if we ever heard about it through the MSM. It has always been sickening how firearms owners are portrayed in the media and it is getting worse all the time. GD

Good points all ^
Posted By: 16bore Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/10/19
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
He was doing a 2nd Amendment audit. Look at them on youtube.
Stupid given the current climate, but not illegal. He walked today no charges.

Except for making gun owners out to be a bunch of militant [bleep].

2 counts of [bleep], no parole.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/10/19
But you're all missing his Fireballs best buddy they're both ignorant [bleep]
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Good guy with CCW - 08/10/19
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by greydog

Good points all ^

Good guy with a gun. What’s his job got to do with anything? Firemen are citizens who work for the Fire dept. could have been a city sanitation worker or a banker, etc.

He was a CCW citizen in the right place at the right time, took appropriate action to apprehend an armed nut case. Was this nut case just parading around with military type clothing packing an AR, or was he a real threat?

Technically I’d say it was terrorism as he did terrorize a lot of people. Hope he gets the attention he craves when they throw the book at him.

DF
© 24hourcampfire