Home
Born in 1969 so I would say the 70's! Not a huge fan of the 70's, but I have a brother 8 years older than I. He was/is very into music and I became a fan of many 70's artists. 70's TV shows sucked! That could be the fact we only had 3 channels and I was the remote control.

My sister is 7 yrs. older and she had some pretty hot friends in high school that were over to the house practicing their cheer leading routines for the weeks football game! Didn't mind that AT ALL! Every time I hear a KC and the Sunshine Band song I instantly flash back to sitting on the picnic table in the back yard watching all that hair bounce!

My kids remind me often that I am stuck in the 80's! They don't know how fun that decade was!

Elk Country
Part of the national pastime when I was young.[Linked Image]
My first decade of life was the 1960s, and I was in this world for about the entirety of it.

almost attended......................

Born in 1963.
70,s.............
Lawrence welk in the late 60,a and early 70,s sucked the root at the grandparents house.
Some backward azz stupid bygone era schitt as far as I was concerned.
[Linked Image]
80's.

Born in Nineteen and Eighty Three.
Same, born in 1955.
Not my first decade, still young then. [Linked Image]
Nov of 1953.
November of '56
1950's, I got to enjoy all but one of those years.
Born in 1956.
50's, seems to be a lot of us codgers on here....
Born in 1943, but the 50's was sure a good time
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
80's.

I've got underwear older than that.
55 model here...
At a time when we could play "guns" or "Cowboys and Indians" grew up and AFAIK none of us ever murdered anyone. We fought, got bullied, and was onery to other kids once in a while, could be a winner or a loser, was taught how to make change, girls were girls and boys were boys, wasn't forced to openly accept every weirdo on the planet, flunked or passed, were sometimes punished and were better for it
Originally Posted by tikkanut

I attended this one.
This weekend is the 45th Anniversary.
At this time 45 years ago today I was setting up a tent on the infield.:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Jam
August Jam was an outdoor concert held on Saturday, August 10, 1974, at the Charlotte Motor Speedway outside Charlotte, North Carolina, in the United States. The concert promoter was Kaleidoscope Productions and it was sponsored by radio stations WAYS and WROQ. The concert featured The Allman Brothers Band, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Foghat, Black Oak Arkansas, The Marshall Tucker Band, The Ozark Mountain Daredevils, PFM, Grinderswitch, and others.[1] The Eagles were booked to play, but canceled.[citation needed] It was the largest concert ever held in the state of North Carolina and one of the largest in the U.S. at that time, with an estimated attendance in excess of 300,000.[2]

[Linked Image]

1940 model here. Raised in a very small town in remote central Wyoming. Great Depression did not end here until late 1950's. Being poor meant something then, and we were. Enlisted in the Air Force at 17 as soon as I got out of High School. Living in the same town now, but times have changed much for the better.
I was born in 82 but wouldn’t say 80’s. First real decade was 90’s and fortunately in rural far upstate NY I could wander with a gun at a young age and no one thought it odd. I remember the magic of an older guy that collected stamps and a neighbor that taught me to tie flies. Still haven’t learned to fly fish right but great memories. Our house was a 70’s mansion that was later a Catholic Church and I’m clinging to every piece even as my Wife pushes to remodel it all. Cherry tongue and groove walls, natural stone, laundry chutes, and a long dead intercom system with speakers on all 4 outdoor levels and every room indoors. Even has the formal entrance with 4 pipes hanging down for the door bell. I’m clinging to a generation I didn’t even know.
Born Oct 1956, so I guess the 60's.
Also find myself really nostalgic for the 50s. Maybe romanticizing a period I never saw but the wholesome images of a more innocent era teeming with optimism and new discovery is appealing. Maybe future generations will say the same about the Start-Up craze of the 00’s that not many really experienced or the current age of IOT as guilded periods. I love watching Grumpy Old Men or Pleasantvillesque small town movies. In PA there’s still a remainder that have “Hunting Camps” and opening day is still a state holiday for schools though this year it moved to Saturday so everything changes.
Born in 1950, so the fifties are definitely it. Still feel like a child of the sixties though.
Born in 1950! By the way I don't feel like an old codger, even though I am one!
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Born in 1950, so the fifties are definitely it. Still feel like a child of the sixties though.

In '65 you were seventeen.

You don't know where you're running now, you're just running on.
70-80s

Went to an overwhelmingly black inner city elementary school in Savannah Ga.

All the little fellas and the lovely young ladies had doo-doo braids.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
My first decade of life was the 1960s, and I was in this world for about the entirety of it.

Me too ........ I missed the 1st seven months of the 60s.

September 1950, I was at Woodstock.
April 1952
50’s..
11-01-55
I feel so young.
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Me too ........ I missed the 1st seven months of the 60s.

We're the youngsters here. grin

Mid '40s.
Missed the first 363 days and 20 hours of 1951, don't remember the last 28 hours of the year. The late 50's and early 60's were good times for me . . .
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
80's.

I've got underwear older than that.

lol
Nineteen Forty-Seven.
1946------February, one of the first baby boomers!

May of 1957. High school was pretty cool in the middle 70's.
Born in '49 so I was "all in" for the '50s.
donsm70
Last year of the first half of the last century
I'm a 1952 Model.....
49er
Originally Posted by tikkanut

When one of the musicians on the album was telling the crowd... " the New York State Freeway is closed Man!"

that is where me and a few of our buddies were... in a VW Bug with Virginia plates...
1971. Really enjoyed the 70s and 80s. I loved the WWII generation and really miss those folks. Seems like things started getting weird in the 90s.
Born in 1952, Truman was President and the Korean war was going on.
1939 for me. Hello Adirondacks!

I remember the blackouts during WWII, Learning to drive the work horses on the farm, driving my 1929 Chevy field car, creel full of brookies, hunting the Snowshoe rabbits with Dad. Fleetwing Flyer
Then the 1950's arrived and the brand new 1953 9N, shooting a whitetail doe while hunting rabbits with neighbor boys and major trouble with Dad for that! There's more.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
1971. Really enjoyed the 70s and 80s. I loved the WWII generation and really miss those folks. Seems like things started getting weird in the 90s.

71 as well. I still have my great uncle that was in the Pacific in WWII, but yeah, almost all those guys are gone, even from Korea. Things did change in the late 90s. I'm so glad I didn't grow up in the age of cell phones and digital cameras. I was in trouble enough as it was.
Born in '63. I remember bits and pieces of events from maybe '67 up until 1969 when I started 1st Grade and really became self-aware. Life in the '70s as a hillbilly kid was pretty cool.
1981 is the first year I can remember, as a kid.
I was born in '58. I have a vague memory of the '60 Election. My first solid memory of factual news was Alan Shepard's flight.
I was born in 1961. Many of my earliest memories revolved around Dad being gone so much. He did pipeline construction work-he was the foreman on installation teams. Many trips to the airport. Tearful ones when he left, joyous reunions when he came back. A day and age when toy guns were not frowned upon, and any bike you could cobble together let you roam the neighborhood. BB guns were okay, and there were fish to be caught in the local waterways. There was always a ball game of some sort going on in the neighborhood. You could stop at any neighbor's house, politely knock on the door and ask for a drink of water. Dinner was at 6 p.m. Be home on time or you didn't get supper.
March 1953
My uncle and I were both born in 1949, in Moscow, Idaho, and were like brothers growing up. In the 1950's my family lived in southern Idaho (Wendell), northern Idaho (Potlatch), Wyoming (Worland), and Northern British Columbia (Taylor, mile 36 of the Highway). Probably not as idyllic as we remember; for a kid, the late fifties and early sixties were pretty fine times. GD
I don’t remember much of anything from the 70’s.

1980s were my formative/school years.

Kennedy was shot on my birthday when I was in 3rd grade......
Originally Posted by aalf

Kennedy was shot on my birthday when I was in 3rd grade......

Happened during my life, too, but I was too young to notice. I was just two and a half. My first clear memory was the morning of my third birthday, although I have very clear flash memories from earlier, such as my grandmother laughing at me for still drinking milk from a bottle after passing a year old. I thought her reaction was so weird and inexplicable. I also remember weird hallucinations from infancy (still in the crib), like cartoons on the wallpaper animating and talking to me. I guess when you're an infant, keeping dreams separate from wakefulness is a little blurred.
1950 model in Virginia.
© 24hourcampfire