Home
Todd Starnes: Anti-Trump Rep. Castro taught a lesson by Texas barbecue lovers who support president

“One of the businesses the congressman targeted for political retribution was Bill Miller Bar-B-Q, one of the most popular brisket and sweet tea joints in San Antonio.
For those of you north of the Mason-Dixon line, eating brisket is something of a worship experience. I’ve heard stories from the Hill Country that some Baptist churches in those parts actually serve brisket and sweet tea for the Lord’s Supper.

Castro must have imagined thousands of San Antonians converging on the barbecue joints armed with torches and pitchforks, terrorizing customers in the drive-thru and staging boycotts. He must have dreamed about literally running the pit masters out of town.

But there are some rules about living in the Lone Star State. You go to church on Sunday. You don’t talk bad about somebody’s momma. And you don’t mess with the brisket.
The day after Castro published that hateful screed, thousands of Texans piled into their pickup trucks and drove to the nearest Bill Miller Bar-B-Q.

Social media reports flooded in showing massive drive-thru lines backing up onto busy streets. Hungry customers patiently waited in lines out the door.
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted a photograph of a plate piled high with barbecue noting it was a “perfect night for @BillMillerBarBQ.”

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tod...as-barbecue-lovers-who-support-president
I really HATE that fugger.

That ought to get me on a few lists.
Bill Miller gets most of my BBQ money, for years and years.
I’m fairly sure the Miller family donated a good bit to both Castro brothers over the years, wonder why he hasn’t gave those donations back. The millers are good people that do a lot for the city, usually anonymously and treat their employees well
The Castro's are aptly named.

Just like cousin Fidel...

Commie to the core.
One thing you can say about Bill Miller's: if you get a craving for BBQ right now, there is one somewhere nearby--at least in the San Antonio area. It's not bad, but I usually look for something a little more "down home."

YMMV.
Originally Posted by mudhen
One thing you can say about Bill Miller's: if you get a craving for BBQ right now, there is one somewhere nearby--at least in the San Antonio area. It's not bad, but I usually look for something a little more "down home."

YMMV.

It’s ok BBQ. I’ll eat it if there are no other options.
Burnt ends.
Fast food of bbq IMO. I like it. Won't empty the wallet either. Poboy plus with extra meat is the only way to go.
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Fast food of bbq IMO. I like it. Won't empty the wallet either. Poboy plus with extra meat is the only way to go.

Yep
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep

Cobbler! smile
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Yep

Cobbler! smile

Oh heck yea! 🤠
Millers is much better, owned by the cousin. they split up years ago.
I think this thread just pissed everyone one off and made em hungry. No Bill Miller here. Oh well, pulled a venison roast and shoulder out of the freezer earlier today. I'll smoke it tonight. Guess that'll have to do👍when it makes a turd I'll dedicate it to the Castros.
Castro Chick FIL A'd the place eh . . .

Commie to the core.

As was Hussein Obama and Ellen degenerate,
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Commie to the core.

As was Hussein Obama and Ellen degenerate,

Yep!

Yep

Cobbler! smile

I think you are the peach cobbler expert.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

So there's a Millers and a Bill Millers?

I heard there was a great bbq place in the edge of Marble Falls on east side better than the good one in Llano.

Yep

Cobbler! smile

I think you are the peach cobbler expert.

Yep. Barry makes the 2nd best peach cobbler I’ve ever had.
Only second to my Mom’s. 🤠
Originally Posted by stxhunter

So there's a Millers and a Bill Millers?

I heard there was a great bbq place in the edge of Marble Falls on east side better than the good one in Llano.
yes they are cousins and started out in business together but split up . we have two millers here. buildings look almost the same but much better food.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted a photograph of a plate piled high with barbecue noting it was a “perfect night for @BillMillerBarBQ.”

I love Greg Abbott......I'd like to see him run for president in 2024.....I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I love Greg Abbott......I'd like to see him run for president in 2024.....I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

Hell YEA !!!
Most Pro Gun Pro 2nd Amendment Governor TX has ever had!
And ole Rick Perry was a pretty damn good one!
Just the name Castro gives me a supreme case of the s hits!!

GO TRUMP!

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!
Their barbecue sucks. The fried chicken is good and so are their pies.

Commie to the core.

They are San Antonio's own little Marx(ist) brothers. Real pieces of crap right out their mama's azz. Unfortunately they are well loved in the s h i t hole of San Antonio.

BP...
© 24hourcampfire