Home
These folks were pretty popular back then:

And these fellows too:

Rock Women of the 70's. Yum.
One of the most underrrated one hit wonders.

Drug bessoted and politically insane, but great music

45 years ago on today's date I was hearing 70's music live at the August Jam:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_Jam

August Jam was an outdoor concert held on Saturday, August 10, 1974, at the Charlotte Motor Speedway outside Charlotte, North Carolina, in the United States. The concert promoter was Kaleidoscope Productions and it was sponsored by radio stations WAYS and WROQ. The concert featured The Allman Brothers Band, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Foghat, Black Oak Arkansas, The Marshall Tucker Band, The Ozark Mountain Daredevils, PFM, Grinderswitch, and others.[1] The Eagles were booked to play, but canceled.[citation needed] It was the largest concert ever held in the state of North Carolina and one of the largest in the U.S. at that time, with an estimated attendance in excess of 300,000.[2]

Bad ass track.

And barely into the 70s

Originally Posted by Prwlr

My favorite Hollie’s song. But that was in the 1960’s Buddy 😬
And now for the British version:

Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress" was a song by the rock and roll group, The Hollies, and released on February 1, 1972 as a single on the Parlophone Records label.

Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress" was a song by the rock and roll group, The Hollies, and released on February 1, 1972 as a single on the Parlophone Records label.

Dang! I was WRONG 😬 Must be my Old Age 😢 Sorry Buddy 🤠

Hey my somehzymers acts more often then I care to admit.

Hey my somehzymers acts more often then I care to admit.

Mine too ! 😁

Enjoying these tunes. It's like you guys stole my suitcases full of 8 track tapes out of the backseat of my Mustang.
I started going to concerts in 1966 when I was 15, and mostly stopped in 1979 when I was 25.

I was playing guitar with various rock bands. Fixing stereos and guitars caused me to into electrical engineering.

Everyone I know in the rock business is dead. You can't stay up all night smoking cigarettes, drinking, and doing drugs, and think you will have a healthy old age.

Originally Posted by Squidge

Good one. There’ll never be another Bon Scott !!!

Rush.

Everything else is crap.

Almost.

P

Originally Posted by Clarkm
Everyone I know in the rock business is dead. You can't stay up all night smoking cigarettes, drinking, and doing drugs, and think you will have a healthy old age.

Keith Richards
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by Clarkm

Keith Richards

He’s got embalming fluid running through his veins. 😜

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp7teE-mXtw5ztmyaqs_YHs0EOV40zs6j[/video]

Turn it up,,,

© 24hourcampfire