Home
“The best stuff coming out of Nashville is all by women except for Chris Stapleton. He’s great. The guys just wanna sing about getting [bleep] up. They’re just doing hip-hop for people who are afraid of black people. I like the new Kendrick Lamar record, so I’ll just listen to that.”

https://www.nashvillescene.com/musi...or-people-who-are-afraid-of-black-people

Politically he is a moron and his comments on guns are ridiculous, but he makes a good point.
They played Copperhead Road at the club last night.

He sure got old and ugly!
There’s NOTHING GOOD coming out of Nashville nowadays.
Real Country Music ceased to exist about 20 years ago.
Thanks Earle you’re a genius

No one knew today’s country music sucked before your statement.

Earle is washed up anti gun old and decrepit clown and hasn’t put out a decent song in over 20 years and certainly isn’t in the top 25 of most talented country performers
Originally Posted by ribka

Earle is washed up anti gun old and decrepit clown and hasn’t put out a decent song in over 20 years and certainly isn’t in the top 25 of most talented country performers

Yep. And a former drug addict too. He’s a real POS.
He is correct. I refer to it as Honky Rap.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

CRAP is what it is referred to around here
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

last summer a friend and his wife ask my wife and I to go to his concert, it ended up that there was 4 couples total. we were about 8 rows back from the stage. about half way thru the concert he stopped the show and went into an anti trump rant, then attacked the military minded folks . about 3 min into this our friend walked up to the stage flipped him the bird and we all got up and walked out! once outside we realized that about 300/400 people were marching out right behind us. ( this was a small venue so that was about half of the crowd ) the whole time we were waiting for security to get the tram service to start taking us to the parking area steve earl was ranting about us being idiots. in my book he is a self serving fool !!!!!
Originally Posted by jar

last summer a friend and his wife ask my wife and I to go to his concert, it ended up that there was 4 couples total. we were about 8 rows back from the stage. about half way thru the concert he stopped the show and went into an anti trump rant, then attacked the military minded folks . about 3 min into this our friend walked up to the stage flipped him the bird and we all got up and walked out! once outside we realized that about 300/400 people were marching out right behind us. ( this was a small venue so that was about half of the crowd ) the whole time we were waiting for security to get the tram service to start taking us to the parking area steve earl was ranting about us being idiots. in my book he is a self serving fool !!!!!

Good on y’all!The promoter should’ve had to refund the ticket money too.
C-RAP
O
U
N
T
R
Y
One hit wonder

And after the 3 rd time it was ever played on WKDF-Rock, most of us were absolutely sick of it.

Originally Posted by 007FJ
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

CRAP is what it is referred to around here

Yep. Hip Hop Pop BRO Rap. Nothing COUNTRY about it.
He played the character Waylon on HBO's series The Wire.
Apparently I am the only person not wild about Chris Stapleton.....
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

He’s just OK. But not what I call Real Country Music.

You're not alone, trust me. Ho Hum is being polite
There’s NOTHING GOOD coming out of Nashville nowadays.
Real Country Music ceased to exist about 20 years ago.

At least an occasional empty bus has to roll out once in a while!
There’s Hip Hop, Hippity Hop, and Hick Hop. Stapleton did a good job with Tennessee Whiskey, better than Coe.

Sorry, but do you have any proof for that condemnation?

And I do not mean the drug addict part... I mean the FORMER part!
Originally Posted by jar

Good on y’all!The promoter should’ve had to refund the ticket money too.

If only felons could run for office he could run for the Presidency and show us all!
Stapleton sounds like what someone would sound like if they were told to try and sound country but lack any modicum of talent.
Originally Posted by 78CJ

You're not alone, trust me. Ho Hum is being polite

He only likes him because Stapleton is trying to look like him!
I think he’s right. The new country is pop/rap for people that don’t want to say they’re listening to coon tunes.

But yeah Steve Earle isn’t going to be somebody I’d invite to thanksgiving at Grandmas. One of his reasons for being anti gun is because he was high on crack and his kids got ahold of one of his pistols and it scared him. So naturally he blamed the gun.
Like so many people who have reached some level of popularity or fame, he believes that he has some special wisdom or insight and has been accorded such by much of mass media. In fact, he is probably less informed than most. He just has somewhat of a pulpit from which to proclaim. The same is true of many, if not most, performers, athletes, media stars and even politicians. Whether we agree with their opinions, or not, most are just legends in their own minds, and their beliefs and opinions have no special validity. Kinda funny how people ignore this when the stated opinions agree with their own.
Originally Posted by 78CJ
Stapleton sounds like what someone would sound like if they were told to try and sound country but lack any modicum of talent.

You know what they say about opinions and arseholes, ... I think Chris Stapleton has a voice as unique as Ronnie Vanzant or Johnny Cash. Obviously your opinion must varry from mine,... Not that there's any thing wrong with that
Steve Earle fried what little brains he had years ago.
Try Cody Jinks.
Always liked Steve Earl.
He actually had several songs 80's-90's country fans would recognize.
And Heroine was his joy juice.
20 years ahead if the redneck trend.

Yeah, he is a dirtbag, but still better than much of what i refuse to listen to!

Today's country has made me a classic rock fan.
Saw him at a folk music fest 15 years ago he was ranting away with his leftist views back then too. He's done some OK music. But I'd say the same thing to him as I would to Kid Rock these days, hey your music is all right but all you want to talk about from your performer status is politics. STFU and play. If all you want to do is whine about politics whether I agree or not I'm out.
Originally Posted by AKduck
Try Cody Jinks.

+1

He’s putting out great music. Has a huge fan following. From the FB group i follow, Cody makes his rounds after every show to meet fans.
Originally Posted by AKduck
Try Cody Jinks.

I like him.

I like Chris Stapleton as well though. Flight from Dallas to Salt Lake last year I watched an episode of Austin City Limits featuring him. Thought it was really good.

95% of the rest of Nashville sucks. I really don’t like the women singers. There are a lot of acts out of Oklahoma and Texas putting out good stuff without caving to the Nashville record labels.
© 24hourcampfire