Home
I hope this SOB doesn't see daylight for 40 years. A drunk driver near here ran into the back of a car stopped at a construction red light. The father is in critical condition with a broken neck and 3 little girls are dead. A woman with them was flown to a Boise hospital. Her condition hasn't been reported.

Drunk driving: the victimless crime:

BELLEVUE — A Fairfield man was arrested on two counts of felony aggravated driving under the influence and three counts of felony vehicular manslaughter after a crash that killed three young girls and injured two adults, Blaine County authorities said Monday.

Sheriff’s deputies arrived at the crash at 1:19 a.m. Saturday on U.S. Highway 20 at mile marker 173, east of Hot Springs Landing.

Deputies found a 1995 Dodge pickup in the roadway with extensive front end damage, a statement from the sheriff’s office says. The driver of the vehicle was identified as Matthew Richard Park, 46, of Fairfield.

Park had rear-ended a 2000 Dodge Neon driven by Somchai Ray Lee Lurak, 26, of Mountain Home. Lurak’s car had been stopped at a temporary traffic signal for an Idaho Transportation Department bridge construction project, the statement said.

Lurak and Emma Weigand, 26, also of Mountain Home, were injured in the crash. Lurak is listed in critical condition at a local hospital. Weigand was taken to St. Luke’s Wood River, then transferred to Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise.

Three girls in car seats in the back of Lurak’s car all died in the crash, the sheriff’s office said.

The Ada County Coroner’s Office identified one of three siblings as Drayka E. Rayshell, 3, of Mountain Home. She was flown to St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center in Boise, where she died at 7:16 a.m., a statement from Coroner Dotti Owens said. The statement said the girl’s two siblings were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.

The other girls were ages 6 and 5, the sheriff’s office said.

The family of the children posted a GoFundMe, saying the girls’ father suffered a broken neck. The account had raised more than $15,000 in donations by Monday afternoon.

Police gave Park field sobriety tests and arrested at the scene, the sheriff’s statement says.

Park was arraigned in Blaine County court Monday afternoon, and he remains in custody at the Blaine County Detention Center on $400,000 bond.
Jesus........The field sobriety test should of concluded with a head stomping until he stopped quivering.
Lot of Dodge drivers think others should.

PTL, those girls are in the Lords hold. He had their place ready for them. If it weren't so...

I pity those poor parents the road they are on.
40 years is light, unless he's nearly killed everyday. Then, it still is.
Several members of the 'fire will be along shortly to regale us with tales of how they can drive just as well when they have been drinking as they can sober.
quick, let's outlaw alcohol....oh wait that was already tried and worked so well.
PTL my ass, if anything God should of kept that family out of harms way.

He sure has a wicked sense of humor allowing kids to be killed like this
Originally Posted by RickyD

He deserves a trial, followed by a prompt hanging.
A dozen beers in 13 hours,??

He's full of shît

I can drink a dozen in about 2 hours...easily. But I wouldn't take a chance with driving. Because no matter what, even if some blind as a bat 90 yr old fugg that left the eye clinic crashed me, I'd get the field sobriety test and the blame.

That mofo probably about 36 beers or way more. And that's easily doable too.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

I am a Bible thumpin' born-again fanatic. I agree with your sentiments, but not your verbiage. The Bible does say he laughs at our calamities. Most Christians disregard hard Scriptures or gloss over Them.

It breaks my heart to know those kids will never grow up and have families of their own.

As far as a trial, if there were three sober and sane people at the scene who identified the drunk driver they should be authorized to shoot him right there.
No worries. There will be a defense atty spouting off about how it wouldn't have happened if the other vehicle wasnt there. And that his client had a rough upbringing and none of this is really his fault
This kind of thing under lines the need for DUI laws with real teeth. DUI's in the USA only pad the pockets of lawyers and the perps are given a slap on the wrist over and over til they kill someone then get a slap on the wrist with a ruler.
that's a hard read
What a shame. A donation doesn't hurt:

Donation Site

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

But that never happens.
If I was the cop there I would have stuck his head in the back of that car and make him see what he did. If you can't kill him, give him life with no chance of parole.
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
quick, let's outlaw alcohol....oh wait that was already tried and worked so well.

It worked as good as it could in a world of drunks. Seems designated drivers haven't worked out so well, though, either. Might be we should give a designated shooter a try.
Life is full of choices and consequences. Choose wisely. I feel for the family, i can't fathom what they are going through. We're not promised tomorrow so live your life wisely.

You're ass is the only thing you know much about, it would seem, since you keep your head there.

You're ass is the only thing you know much about, it would seem, since you keep your head there.

F off, tired of hearing how it’s God’s way when a kid is killed or dies of cancer.

You want god to pray for something good? How about praying that all the vets who lost a limb grow back a new one.
Drop me a message when you see your prayers work on that.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

And in less than six months!
Maybe he will kill himself in jail from the guilt.

Because seems like most type deals like this we hear of someone getting 10 yrs for vehicular manslaughter. Or less
Breaks my heart to see this.
that's as bad as it gets
I lost my girlfriend to a drunk driver when I was still in high school. Of course he came out of it unscathed. A good shyster lawyer cut his sentence to a mere pittance. I learned he hit another car several years later. He wasn't so lucky that time. Broken spine, and lives in a wheelchair now. Yeah, have another drink, buddy.
It's just been reported that the cops gave him 3 breath tests. The results ranged from .146 to .191.
Well, that's about as messed up as you could get something.
Sad/sorry to hear about the loss of life.
© 24hourcampfire