Home
,...to push for gun control.

I wish she would take up another hobby.

https://www.axios.com/ivanka-trump-...e7f4d65-dea5-4388-989b-0182a9301800.html

Behind the scenes: Ivanka Trump spoke last Wednesday to Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), while he was vacationing in Hawaii, to get an update on the bipartisan background checks bill he proposed with Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Penn.).
Princess Ivanka....all bow down.
NOT presidential material, as some have suggested !
Folks, it's unavoidable that we will get red flag laws and private party background checks out of the latest mass murders. Those laws will temporarily placate some. There will continue to be a movement back toward the Clinton era bans. Feel good stuff that won't stop mass murders. For most of us it will be an inconvenience when we want to sell a friend a gun. For some, the red flag laws will be misapplied, and those who misapply the laws will never suffer any consequences for it. It'd be nice if when they draft the red flag laws they'd build in provisions for criminally charging those who provide false information, stonewall hearings etc. with malicious intent.
Folks, it's unavoidable

[Linked Image]
Heard a caller on Rush make a good point, negotiate something for something, then watch the democrats balk.
Better backgrounds for standardized carry in all states. Then the democrats be the ones to grind negotiations to a halt.
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Heard a caller on Rush make a good point, negotiate something for something, then watch the democrats balk.
Better backgrounds for standardized carry in all states. Then the democrats be the ones to grind negotiations to a halt.

more winning? Oh, I love winning
Guys, relax. Take alook at what this says. First, it's from Axios. Do you trust that site as unbiased? Start there.

Now:

Behind the scenes: Ivanka Trump spoke last Wednesday to Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), while he was vacationing in Hawaii, to get an update on the bipartisan background checks bill he proposed with Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Penn.).

The measure, which was initially introduced in 2013 after the Sandy Hook shooting, would expand background checks to nearly all commercial firearm sales.
"She called Manchin and said she was trying to get a sense of what bills are out there," a Manchin aide told Axios. "She had him explain how they drafted the bill, where it stands and what changes needed to be made in order for it to pass."
But she didn't signal a White House position.
The call followed President Trump's own conversations with Manchin last Monday and Tuesday, first reported by the WashPost, in which he told the senator that he wanted legislation before the Senate returns from recess in September.
The backdrop: Following the mass shootings, Ivanka Trump posted a note on her Instagram story calling on Congress to "enact Red Flag laws/Extreme Risk Protection Orders in every state, increase resources dedicated to mental health support nationwide and close background check loopholes."

"You can strongly support and defend the 2nd Amendment while calling for these common sense, and long-overdue reforms," she concluded
She later reiterated that call to action on Twitter.
A White House official said Ivanka "has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle and she is working in concert with the White House policy and legislative teams.".

IF ( and only IF) this is accurate, what do we see? Ivan called manchin to get him to explain how they drafted the billed and why it didn't pass. In other words, you COULD see that as a way to find out what stalled it and how to attack it.

She didn't signal a WH position. Got that? Neither promoted or condemned it. Makes it more of a fact finding mission to see what the other side is up to.

Also, wanted to get the pulse on Manchin not to sit on this, and to get out pronto. You could read that as introduce it so we can kill it again.

Ivanka "has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle and she is working in concert with the White House policy and legislative teams." This means people will talk to her when they don't want the MSM to know they are working with Trump directly.

This is politics, people.
Ivanka "has trusted relationships on both sides of the aisle

Consorting with the enemy must be a family trait. grin

[Linked Image]
But she is married to a joo, therefore the weakminded must do deep research to determine the evil motives. Bad sources of information are catnip to the true believers.

mike r
Originally Posted by watch4bear

On GC, please tell me what we've "won".....................

MM
Put this in your catnip mf'r

[Linked Image]
ob·sess
/əbˈses/
Learn to pronounce
verb
past tense: obsessed; past participle: obsessed
preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent.
"he was obsessed with the theme of death"
synonyms: preoccupy, be uppermost in someone's mind, prey on someone's mind, prey on, possess, haunt, consume, plague, torment, hound, bedevil, take control of, take over, become an obsession with, have a hold on, engross, eat up, have a grip on, grip, dominate, rule, control, beset, monopolize More
(of a person) be preoccupied with or constantly worrying about something.
"her husband, who is obsessing about the wrong she has done him"
Good one billy, You really showed that guy grin

Your amazing, now get yourself a cookie grin
Good one billy, You really showed that guy grin

Your amazing, now get yourself a cookie grin

I will. Get yourself some help.
All this has happened before. What matter is the final result, meaning what gets passed, signed, then survives court challenges.

I'm somewhat encouraged that Trump mentioned "due process" the other day. My main concern is that any red flag law has penalties for vindictive false reports. We shall see.

Background checks for private sales are unenforceable for guns already out there. As a personal matter, they wouldn't affect me much if at all because I seldom buy or sell outside the "system" and even the stuff I give to my children has to go through a dealer, but I'm decidedly against it in principle. That's not the case for others, I know.
Background checks for private sales are unenforceable for guns already out there.

Except that doing so, makes you a felon

As a personal matter, they wouldn't affect me much if at all because I seldom buy or sell outside the "system" and even the stuff I give to my children has to go through a dealer,

The end of gun shows on this side of enemy lines.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

On GC, please tell me what we've "won".....................

MM

Sen. Chuck Grassley sat on a national concealed carry bill and let it expire last year - isn't that winning in CONgress??
THE SKY IS FALLING AGAIN !

WE ALL GOING TO DIE ! grin
Background checks for private sales are unenforceable for guns already out there.

Except that doing so, makes you a felon
Except they can't prove it.

No one would ever turn states evidence to save their own azz grin

95% of all crimes are solved if more than one person is involved.

No one would ever turn states evidence to save their own azz grin

95% of all crimes are solved if more than one person is involved.
If it's a "preban" gun, why would they? We are talking about background checks, not registration/complete bans. Don't go adding strawmen to the scenario.
pre ban? WTF are you talking about?

Its a total registration they're after
Originally Posted by Tyrone

No they can't.

They will shift the burden of proof to YOU.

To prove you HAVE passed a background check for said firearm.
Never trust a rich girl.

She might be afraid the proletariat might revolt against the 1%.

Geno
Put this in your catnip mf'r

[Linked Image]

Nice talk and a devastating retort. Tough guys on the innanet are always very bright and willing to share their awesomeness.

mike r
You and hatari should start a newspaper; call it "the morning bj" grin
You and hatari should start a newspaper; call it "the morning bj" grin

Ironic ,considering all you do here is give your boyfiend Wayne LaPieirre BLOW JOBS i..
Ironic ,considering all you do here is give your boyfiend Wayne LaPieirre BLOW JOBS in every post.

I support the NRA. We need em now more than ever with your anti gun billionaire and his daughter.

Did you get too much mail from the NRA? grin

I will not support the NRA while embezzeling THIEVES like your boyfiend La Pierre run the show.

I leave that to hypocritical idiots like you.

Until your boyfriend LaPierre leaves the NRA ,there are several other Pro Gun organizations to support who will actually use their budgets properly.
Whats fascinating, is the idiots that voted for trump because they like what he said; but ignore what he says grin

wheres that clapping Trump lubber???????????

there are several other Pro Gun organizations to support who will actually use their budgets properly.

proper displacement of funds comes in handy with registration grin

Wanna talk about the funds the NRA gave to Cheeto?

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
,...to push for gun control.

I wish she would take up another hobby.

https://www.axios.com/ivanka-trump-...e7f4d65-dea5-4388-989b-0182a9301800.html

You just wanna sniff her pantiez. Haha lol
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Tyrone

No they can't.

They will shift the burden of proof to YOU.

To prove you HAVE passed a background check for said firearm.

What firearm? I don't have no steeeenkin' firearm... Where "he" got it?? Hell if I know... Not my problem..

Now eff off officer, and go hunt cell-phone-pokers on the freeway...

It's totally unenforceable...
Whats fascinating, is the idiots that voted for trump because they like what he said; but ignore what he says grin

Knew I shoulda voted for HRC, dammit!
PS: I'm ready go ahead and post your gay memes....It's all that you have
And: you act as though there IS a politician out there that gives 2 f u
cks about us and our given rights.
you act as though there IS a politician out there that gives 2 f u
cks about us and our given rights.

Someones been saving our asses. Any clue who that might be? grin
My take - Ivanka should go home and take care of her kids - and take that stick-up-his-ass husband of hers with her. Neither of them are giving good advice to the President.
© 24hourcampfire