Home
Posted By: Limapapa Norton Symantec - 08/19/19
mad Norton Symantec has rated this site to be a known internet danger, at least on the Norton security program on my computer. Big red danger notice that requires a manual bypass every time you change a page. I signed on to Norton and left a review that said the rating was BS and they should get their act together. The site administrator here might be able to correct the situation. Arrgh.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Norton Symantec - 08/19/19
Norton is a virus more dangerous than this site.
Posted By: ClearAirTurbulence Re: Norton Symantec - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by Swifty52

+1
Posted By: Mikewriter Re: Norton Symantec - 08/19/19
Gave up on Norton years ago - had nothing but problems with it.

Mike
Posted By: joken2 Re: Norton Symantec - 08/19/19

My guess as to mostly likely why:

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/totals.php?id=D000029309&cycle=2018

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/toprecips.php?id=D000029309&cycle=2018

... and this :

Symantec ends cheap Norton offer to NRA members

Customers Bail After Symantec Ends NRA Membership Deals

The nation's largest privately-owne...d their relationships with the gun lobby
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Norton Symantec - 08/19/19
So how do you allow this site through? Every time I click on a link - website, forum or individual post it blocks the site and tells me it is a known dangerous web page. I'm not seeing where I can individually whitelist this particular website.

Rick - Help!
Posted By: RJL53 Re: Norton Symantec - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
So how do you allow this site through?

Dump anything Norton if you can. I had to completely reload my entire OS to get rid of all the crap they installed. Won't ever touch anything from Symantec again.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Norton Symantec - 08/19/19
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
So how do you allow this site through? Every time I click on a link - website, forum or individual post it blocks the site and tells me it is a known dangerous web page. I'm not seeing where I can individually whitelist this particular website.

Rick - Help!

https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.HOWTO54143.html

You can allow access to Web sites or network locations using the whitelist. Whitelist entries are globally allowed. You do not have to configure a policy to activate whitelist entries. Access is allowed to a Web site or network on the whitelist despite any matching policies and the visit is not recorded for reports.

Warning:
When you add an address to the whitelist, network traffic to and network traffic from that address is not scanned for malware. If the address is a Web site domain, any URL that starts with that domain is excluded from malware scanning.

To allow Web site access using the whitelist
In the Web GUI, click Policies > Whitelist.

Click Add a Whitelist Entry.

You can also add whitelist entries from a text file. List one domain name or IP address per line in the file.

Type a domain name, IP address, or subnet specified in CIDR notation for the whitelist entry.

For a Web site, do not type a complete URL. Only type the domain name part of the URL.

Under Actions, check Whitelist.

Under Actions, check Ignore Authentication if you do not want Symantec Web Gateway to authenticate end users when they access the address.

This option is applicable if you have configured Active Directory integration with NTLM.

See About Active Directory integration.

See Sample proxy auto-configuration (PAC) file.

Optionally, under Comment type a comment.

This comment appears on the whitelist page.

Click Save.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Norton Symantec - 08/20/19
Originally Posted by Swifty52
NO question... Get rid of that crap and never look back..
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Norton Symantec - 08/20/19
No bigger POS made. McCaffee or Bitdefender for Windows(Ugggg)
Posted By: k20350 Re: Norton Symantec - 08/20/19
Norton is a virus you pay for as i said in the other Norton thread. I have a family member that is in cybersecurity for the Gov't and he tells me Windows Defender is better than Norton ever will for home use.
© 24hourcampfire