Home
Told the daughter I'd THINK about it if it was OK with her stepmom...wife told me the next day we were getting the dog. My little girl is pretty jacked, she won't get to meet miss Abby until day after tomorrow. We picked her up yesterday and she is a sweetheart.

[Linked Image]
Good for you!
Going to be awesome. smile
Y'all done good. grin

BP...
Great idea. They usually come with some baggage though, so be patient
Good on ya Tim looks like a cool mut. We've had a string of rescue dogs through the years a lot of good memories and zero regrets.
Very cool!
Good for you!
rescues rock!

Geno
Who rescued whom?
Cool looking dog
Good looking pup.

Congratulations!
Congrats to you and the new member of your family!!!

We've had 9 rescues since 2002. 3 have crossed the Rainbow Bridge and the latest one arrived about 2 weeks ago. All but 3 found us, we didn't go looking . . .
Miss Abby will be showing her gratitude for years to come. It's a fine thing you've done.
Absolutely. Pitbulls are some of the sweetest dogs there are. So different from the reputation that many are shocked when they first meet one.
We lost our 13 year old Fannymae last December. I have owned many dogs but Fanny was the best. More like a person than a dog. Understood everything and always did what was right. It was devastating to see her go and I said never again. A few months later my wife said our middle daughter who is a vet tech was fostering a couple of shelter dogs. I said I don't even want to see them. A week later the daughter had to go on a business trip and the wife informed me that we were taking care of one of them for the week. I was sitting at the counter having a beer when they brought her in. I knew I was in trouble at first sight. She was a 4 month old brindle colored hound and lab mix who ran right up to me tail wagging and started to lick my hand. Might even be some pit in there because she was brought up from Louisiana. Looking in the internet she looks just like some of the file photos on Plott Hounds. She is now 7 months old and is about 45 pounds and is really a nice dog. Very smart but still puppy mischievous. Got to pick up socks and shoes before she finds them... LOL.
Nice doggie!!
I think she is starting to get comfortable with us, she is still VERY well behaved, but she is getting much more willing to play. Such a sweet dog, I'll even forgive her for eating my sandals...I was going to throw that pair away a year ago anyway.

Just wish my kids listened as good as Abby does.
All kids need a pup.Good move...
Just a quick update, seems like everyone loves Abby. She is just such a good tempered, quiet dog. Yes she's a pitbull mix and I really think that they get a bad rap. I know 3 other people with similar dogs and they are great dogs. Personally, I think Abby is the best of the lot...I may be biased.
I don't know Tim, Livin' life on the edge like that.........Yer a brave man for sure......
good deal,all dogs deserve a good home.
there was a story today on a local facebook page. guy driving across the rez up by tuba city found a mother dog and four pups somebody had dumped. one pup had already been run over, two ran off he couldn't catch, the others he brought back.
have i said navajo's are pieces of caca when it comes to animals?
I think its all in how ya treat them. Ya can make the best be a ass if ya want to. Treat them right and they will return the help.great job on getting the pup.
Daughter seems quite taken with her too...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Dess
Who rescued whom?

I got Borged! Honest- she wasn't what I was looking for!

Had her about 15 months now- couldn't ask for a better dog. She came out of a village where she had spent the first 18 months of her life on the end of a chain. She knew her name, come, and no. That's it. Her only interaction or stimulation appears to have been abuse in the form of bb guns, firecrackers, and objects thrown at her. Not even housebroken when we got her.

She's come a long ways! At first I thought she wasn't too bright, but that was just ignorance. Hers and mine. She is sharp!! Sweetest, most loving (yes, still fairly needy, but getting there) doggie one could ask for. Scolding just destroys her until "forgiven".

[Linked Image]

So we bought her a dog of her own. smile

[Linked Image]

Looks like you got a winner there, Tim! A couple of them in fact.

Just an update, things didn't work out the way I wanted. I wound up working out of town a lot and Abby started to get aggressive toward my wife. After 7 weeks we didn't feel like we had any other choice but to surrender her back to the rescue(she was adopted again by a family with other dogs and evidently she does much better with other dogs around.

We decided to really take our time before we tried again, luckily, we found a shelter not too horribly far from us that was really willing to work with us to find a dog that would fit our family better. They really went above and beyond and next Tuesday, Titus will be coming to live with us. We visited him a couple times, then they brought him over to the house for a couple hour visit last weekend that went great. The boys are so excited this time(last time was a totally different story with them) they are arguing over whose room he gets to sleep in. Can't say enough good about the shelter we are working with, they have been very forthcoming about what we can expect. He has had a rough go of it(he was all but starved to death when he was found last July) and will take some patience, but he seems to have really taken a shine to the kids and hasn't shown any aggression in his foster house(unless you're a squirrel). Great to find a place that goes the extra mile to make sure the right dog gets the right home, VERY different than the rescue we called last spring(I think they mean well, but they need to be a little more objective and less sunshine and roses).

We will be fostering him for a month or two before we adopt...

[Linked Image]
Good on. you

Hope it works out
Sorry about Abby but grateful about Titus.

Good on you for taking a second chance and giving a second chance.
I think you'll have better luck with a hound mix instead of a pit cross with issues.
My rescue dog rescued me after my wife passed away. "Honey" was a big part of the healing process
Smiling big! Well done!!!!!
Good luck Tim. Good lookin' dog.
He's got a LOT of hound in him - thus, he's highly unlikely to show any aggression towards his people. Good looking dog.
© 24hourcampfire