Home
Posted By: jackmountain St.kitts vs St.Lucia vs ? - 08/22/19
Been to Grand Cayman several times, Nassau, Paradise Island. Looking for something low key, laid back, non touristy/commercialized for just me and the wife for the first time in 20 years. We've always taken the kids everywhere we've gone. Any suggestions? Also considering Abaco. Definitely want Carribean to keep flight time minimal (Fly out of D.C. or Richmond VA.)
Posted By: ribka Re: St.kitts vs St.Lucia vs ? - 08/22/19
activities and night life important?
Posted By: slumlord Re: St.kitts vs St.Lucia vs ? - 08/22/19
Don't go to SeƱor Frog's
Been to St Kitts and really enjoyed my week there. Would gladly go back. Also want to make it to St Lucia though. I don't see how you could go wrong with either.
Posted By: hanco Re: St.kitts vs St.Lucia vs ? - 08/22/19
Went to all those places last summer, they were nice, prefer Cozumel
Originally Posted by ribka
activities and night life important?

Not really. As long as there's some good food and some fruity drinks/cold beer
Originally Posted by hanco
Went to all those places last summer, they were nice, prefer Cozumel

I'd like to go to Mexico but the wife's convinced there's a cartel assassin behind every Corona.
Posted By: Robster Re: St.kitts vs St.Lucia vs ? - 08/22/19
I really enjoyed St. Kitts and Nevis. Even enjoyed a great fishing charter when I was down there. The guy I fished with caught a nice marlin as well!!!
Where did you stay?
The title sounds like a religious cage match. Evolution is a myth?
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: St.kitts vs St.Lucia vs ? - 08/22/19
Throw in st. Martin while you are at it. Rent a car so you can take advantage of all the public beaches. Since the island is half Dutch/ half French, the food options are great. Look into a place called the Atrium. Not four star but clean, large rooms, has a nice private beach With a cove great for snorkeling and it is within a 5min walk to a fantastic small French bakery.

We went there to dive which I would not recommend but for shear vacation value, it is a winner.
Posted By: johnw Re: St.kitts vs St.Lucia vs ? - 08/22/19
Montserrat was one of the coolest places in the L.I. for a long time. I hear they are recovering and some good times can be found there.

St Barts was expensive even in the 80s, but I imagine that I'd like to go back and visit

Guadeloupe for the beaches...
© 24hourcampfire