Home
Posted By: 57springer Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
I am reading other forums, Nascar is banning gun ads , Story at ammoland !
Posted By: sandcritter Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
Guess banning ads in Vibe or Computer Gaming World would strike too close to the audience for comfort?
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
Originally Posted by 57springer

Seems like the NASCAR fan demographics would include a high percentage of outdoor sports enthusiasts and would be large and lucrative market for businesses in the hunting/fishing/boating areas.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
First the Confederate Flag ban, and now guns.

Really playing up to their fan base, aren't they? whistle

Hint: NASCAR died with Dale.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
NASCAR Bans Gun Adds
I was a big NASCAR fan 30 years ago. In the late 90s they started shifting away from the tracks and fans who had supported the sport since its founding. They wanted to get into big money markets, so they thumbed their nose at the short tracks and and their longtime fan base.
Weeds growing up in Darlington and Martinsville, but that's ok 'cause we're selling tee shirts and toy cars in Chicago!
Screw 'em. I don't miss pro racing any more than I miss pro football.
7mm
Posted By: gunzo Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
WTF's next? Kneeling drivers?

Admittedly my interest has been waning for a few years, but this is could remove what little I had left.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
This might inspire KaperDick to try a new sport, since he is clearly a failure at football.
Screw NASCAR!
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
Brian France is a [bleep] moron.
Posted By: BamBam Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
I stopped watching Years ago, Started going to chit in the late 90s
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
Yeah, I have no interest in nascar.

Wow! A big middle finger directed at their prime audience.
Ricky Bobby doesn't approve.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
Same here on stopping football and Nascar. None of them will go broke due to me. But quite a few of my friends and most of my family are now that way. Most of the NFL players I hear about are not when they help the community but when they assault, sell drugs, and murder someone. Millionaire cry babies. Part of the problem in all of our problems in the US is the news media. In 1974 I came home from work, sat down in the easy chair to watch the news. Some poor guy got stabbed many times and of course died. All during the news article there was an inset in the upper corner of the picture of a revolver, which had absolutely nothing to do with the news. I quit watching much news at that time. I hadn't believed the NRA about anyone trying to take our guns/Second Amendment. That was Kansas City news channel 4 or 5. I got tired of the KC Chiefs at that era because they kept Hank Stram and Lennie Dawson but they kept losing not just a little. They would be winning and come back for the second half and put in the cheerleaders. Just got tired of it all. Be Well. Rusty
After literally growing up around 1/4 mile dirt tracks in the early 1950's, I've never been terribly impressed with watching a bunch of guys parading around a super-speedway at 200 MPH. There's a whole different experience for fans as well as participants, doing it at 80 MPH and rubbing wheels all the way around the track. The only thing better than watching is building and running those cars!
Jerry
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
After literally growing up around 1/4 mile dirt tracks in the early 1950's, I've never been terribly impressed with watching a bunch of guys parading around a super-speedway at 200 MPH. There's a whole different experience for fans as well as participants, doing it at 80 MPH and rubbing wheels all the way around the track. The only thing better than watching is building and running those cars!
Jerry

That was how it was for me, motorcycles, karts and dirt cars. I stopped before it killed me thank God. My first wife loved to attend the nascar shows so I took her. When she passed that ended, it had started to get weird by then anyway. I still go to the local tracks to see the flat track bikes. I don't watch nascar at all now.
Posted By: gremcat Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
I’m thinking they have a shrinking fan base and hope this will attract a new type of Fan. I don’t watch but have relatives that do and it seems most that had big parties in race day have shifted to other sports/entertainment.
Posted By: kennyd Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
The only thing stock on those cars is maybe the chev or ford or dodge sticker
Posted By: 700LH Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
The front office needs new people fast
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19

Oh I just love restrictor plate racing, watching everyone drive in ellipses in a big pack until someone goofs and takes out half the field.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
I can't sit still long to watch nascar or baseball. Not begrudging anyone that enjoys it.

Edit: I need to add golf to the above.

Posted By: wabigoon Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
I could use some of the gasoline wasted on some fishing trips, but I digress.
Posted By: benchman Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
Should go over magnificently.
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I agree 100%
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
Nascar.

Posted By: devnull Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
They obviously don't know their demographics. Good luck with that.
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
I'll happily cling to my NASCAR, guns, and religion.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
I never was a fan, boycott it like football.
NASCAR is putting the final nails in their coffin. A sad end to a once fun sport is on the horizon.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Nascar.

That finish couldn’t happen now, neither driver could have won in today’s rules.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
It really has not been NASCAR since they stopped racing stock cars.
They aren't much if anymore "stock" than a top fuel dragster.
In the race today Henry firearms has their logo plastered all over a car.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
Originally Posted by plainsman456

They'll kick that one out faster than Miss Nevada...
Posted By: 57springer Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19

laugh laugh
Posted By: lastround Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
If this is true, they’ve lost me. Not that they really care, evidently!

laugh laugh

That was a good one.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
"Stock" car racing!
Never could get used to Jackie Stewart and his British accent calling American Stock Car races!
I don't know much about Brian France, but it's pretty obvious he doesn't know much about us either.
I really miss Winston Cup racing.
7mm
Naw...used to watch but it seems kind of mundane and too planned out for my interests. Doesn't seem to be much of a test of driving anymore and more crew chief strategy, timing and luck.
Posted By: Virginian2 Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/24/19
I'm not a real Nascar fan, I'll flip to it watch 5 - 10 minutes and go else where and back again later.
It appears to me that the grand stands are only half filled anyway.
I'll boycott NASCAR just like I boycott Levi's. Which is to say I can't because I haven't paid attention to any of that gay crap in years.

Yep
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
I'll boycott NASCAR just like I boycott Levi's. Which is to say I can't because I haven't paid attention to any of that gay crap in years.

So you’re saying you use to indulge in the gay crap?
Pretty soon they’ll have a LGBT 🏳️‍🌈 500 Race.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Pretty soon they’ll have a LGBT 🏳️‍🌈 500 Race.

............ Probably will. Because we all have to embrace diversity; don't we ? But I still wouldn't watch it.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
They lost me several years ago.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
In the 1990's NASCAR became a trend, not sure why, but Jeff Gordon with his California
image, young and pretty, helped that immensely.

He helped bring in the young trendy, the women. NASCAR, like NFL, always trying
to boost income before the product or the fans, catered to that line.

Make racing clean, get rid of the Redneck tracks that only $old a few thousant $eat$.
Forget about those gearheads that were long term fans, that understood what it
took to slug it out for a whole season, trying to finish in the top every week.

Change the rules, make it like a ball sport. People can ignore it all year, hype the playoffs
cash in.

Trends change.

Those cityfied preppy (aged myself) heterosexuals have some new fad.
And many old fans just don't GAF anymore.

NASCAR took a right turn (to the left) almost 30 years ago.
And every effort to improve attendance seems to be another turn in the
wrong direction.

Bill Senior was a good old boy, a racer. He knew the deal.
Jr, grew up at daddies knee, he learned, the fans were his people too.

My guess, the yahoo's who have been calling the shots,
The grandson of a billionaire.

They don't hang with the true hillbilly fans.
They are with the $500k motorcoach fans, the rich wannabe Rednecks.

The show has been tailored to those fans.
Jeff Gordon is GAY 😜
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Nascar and the NFL--- Eff them!!
Haven't watched either one in a few years
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
The last sports I took an interest in were the NHL and pro cycle racing. Then the NHL got rid of fighting and Lance Armstrong took down bike racing. Now I'd rather be outdoors doing something than watching any overpaid millionaires who don't really GAF or try every week. I remember when Al Kaline was the first Tiger to make $100,000. The man could hit for average or power and covered right field like few could. There are very few people in MLB today who are millionaires who could carry his jockstrap.
I remember the "Fans Against Gordon" (F. A. G.) flags flying at Talladega down in the camping area for a couple of years. The rumors about him getting arrested while trolling for companionship on the Sunset Strip and NASCAR covering it up just might have been true!
Jerry
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
I always wanted to go to the night race at Bristol in the old days (80s for me). I only ever made it to Michigan Speedway a few times.
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
/phuquenascar!
When they covered Bristol with dirt and ran the Super Modified cars on it, things really got interesting. They turned lap speeds almost as fast as the NASCAR guys do.
Jerry
Only been to nascar once. Atlanta about 10 years ago. The Friday night truck race was great. Saturday Busch race was good too. Sunday Winston / Nextel. Whatever. Was rained out. Didnt get to stay for Monday. Great time. I’m sure nascar of today, just 10 years later isn’t the same.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
When I walk into an establishment that has a NASCAR race on, I watch to get a glimpse of the grand stands to see how empty they are. NASCAR don't draw them like they used to.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Last gasp of a dying sport.

NASCAR fans are racing away from the sport

Posted By: Barkoff Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
They figure their fan base will never leave, so now they pander to those who are not big fans of NASCAR, typical, schitt on those who got you their.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
What to the henry race car?
I bailed when It stopped being Winston Cup. I lived in between Darlington and Rockingham. We went to all four races every year. We had two converted school buses we pulled in the infield that we stayed in and platforms on the tops to watch the race from. With all the super speedways coming on the schedule and the sport being taken over by yuppies the writing was on the wall.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Jeff Gordon is GAY 😜

WHAT??? Gordon hunts with a 270!!!!!
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Jeff Gordon is GAY 😜

No he just strokes the barrel.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Back when they actually ran street cars on street tires, there were actually times when fans would take the tires off their own cars to make sure their favorite drivers could finish the race!
Imagine that kind of fan loyalty and support now!
As I said, they sacrificed race dates at tracks where NASCAR was almost religion for people so they could sell souvenirs in places where people didn't know Richard Petty from Richard Simmons or Dale Earnhardt from Dale Evans. The races were starting to resemble pro wrestling except there weren't any bad guys. A drivers wholesome image was as important as his ability to drive a race car. It was marketing for the masses at the expense of the people who had made NASCAR. ESPN had done as much as the France family for NASCAR's new image. Their coverage was top notch. But when they gained bigger audiences they let big money broadcasting push out ESPN. But most of them had no idea how to cover a race. They were more worried about TV commercials and add dollars than quality coverage. It got to where I'd tape races so I could edit out so many commercials, or not watch at all.
Richard Childress has done as much for NASCAR as any driver/owner in their history. Although he recently resigned from the NRA board, I'm sure he still loves hunting and shooting, as do many others. One really has to wonder if Brian France is fit to head NASCAR.
7mm
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Jeff Gordon is GAY 😜

LMAO !!!
Well, this is not the best turn of events but I can't say it's surprising.

After all, they've been going left for years...
Posted By: 700LH Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Isn't that about all they ever do is go straight for a little bit, then turn left over and over?
Posted By: 57springer Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Jeff Gordon is GAY 😜

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: bhemry Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
To all those complaining about Brian France, he was arrested over a year ago for DUI and drugs and ousted from NASCAR shortly thereafter. It's been in the hands of Jim France since- who it's rumored didn't really want to have to take it over as he's getting a little long in the tooth himself at 74 years old.

That being said, the fan base has been dropping like a rock for years now, big name teams & drivers can't find sponsorship, and when the current t.v. contract runs out, NASCAR is going to be in a world of hurt. Of course they've been shooting themselves in the foot for years trying to be PC and thereby alienating their base, so this is just one more nail in the coffin.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Nascar has forgotten it's roots. Used to watch or listen to most of the races, and was a huge Bill Elliott fan.

Could care less about them now.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
need more joey chitwood style crashes. maybe they should let the fans shoot at them with paintballs and throw schit on the track. something, anything, 200 miles of left turns is boring as fugg.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Nascar has forgotten it's roots. Used to watch or listen to most of the races, and was a huge Bill Elliott fan.

So has country music.

Wouldn't spit on the majority of them if they were on fire now.
Posted By: 57springer Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Originally Posted by rem141r
need more joey chitwood style crashes. maybe they should let the fans shoot at them with paintballs and throw schit on the track. something, anything, 200 miles of left turns is boring as fugg.

laugh laugh
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Originally Posted by 700LH
Isn't that about all they ever do is go straight for a little bit, then turn left over and over?

NSSCAR: Go fast, turn left.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19

So has country music.

I listen to Willie's Roadhouse, although I turn Willie off when he comes on. I don't like today's country, and don't listen. Couldn't tell you who's hot and who's not. I prefer the 1940-80 period.

Same way with rock, as far as I'm concerned the good music ended in 1970.
Posted By: EdM Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
Never cared for NASCAR.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/25/19
[quote=rockinbbar][quote=JamesJr]N

n. I don't like today's country, and don't listen. Couldn't tell you who's hot and who's not. I prefer the 1940-80 period.

I'm the same way, I never listen to the radio any more, they play the same 7 or 8 tunes over and over again, cant understand hardly a word of the lyrics and it sounds more like heavy metal than country. Went to breakfast at a cafe here in town this morning, heard Kitty Wells on their piped in music, now THAT was country.

Good ol' rock 'n roll ended about the same time as the Beatles hit the US.

Have never been a NASCAR fan.

All that kinda makes me a curmudgeon, I guess. I plead guilty.
Used to watch it as a kid. Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, Buddy Baker...

I bet I haven't watched a race in 40 years now. It's crap.
Posted By: dassa Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/26/19
My brother used to dvr them so he could skip the commercials. I would watch the last five minutes, then send him a text on who won.
Originally Posted by dassa
My brother used to dvr them so he could skip the commercials. I would watch the last five minutes, then send him a text on who won.

Dats just MEAN. 👍🏻

So has country music.

I listen to Willie's Roadhouse, although I turn Willie off when he comes on. I don't like today's country, and don't listen. Couldn't tell you who's hot and who's not. I prefer the 1940-80 period.

+ 1000
Growing up in the heart of NASCAR country was an absolute blast. The drivers and crew members were everywhere and approachable. It is really sad to see how far the sport has fallen. The folks at the top are embarrassed by the base, yet have no where to turn. The democratic that they desire has no interest in motor sports. Coming out against the Confederate flag and guns was akin to jumping off a cliff. They deserve the misery that they created for themselves.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/26/19
I guess there is no reason to take up chain-smoking and dating my sister then.
NASA = YES
NASCAR = NO
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Growing up in the heart of NASCAR country was an absolute blast. The drivers and crew members were everywhere and approachable. It is really sad to see how far the sport has fallen. The folks at the top are embarrassed by the base, yet have no where to turn. The democratic that they desire has no interest in motor sports. Coming out against the Confederate flag and guns was akin to jumping off a cliff. They deserve the misery that they created for themselves.

NASCAR got too big, too fast. It went from being a sport with a basically regional following, to one that became national.....and hence the problems that the big advertisers saw with the base. That base was mostly from the South, people who were flag waving, Bible reading, gun owning, White, and most certainly not queer or tranny. Big TV and big advertisers had a problem with that, and I'm sure told the NASCAR brass that if they wanted the big bucks to continue, they better have a following that was more diversified, and politically correct.

It wouldn't bother me to see them have to come down a few notches, and get back to what made them famous.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/26/19
I don't know if it has been mentioned here but the same has happened with monster truck shows. A much smaller program but started a year or so ago. Any reference to firearms on the truck from its name to sponsors has been dropped.
Isn't there biggest fan base a bunch if redneck beer drinking gun totin southern boys?
Might not go well for them...
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/26/19
One of the most surprising developments in American political life was the emergence of the organized, mobilized, activist redneck movement. It hit fast, it hit hard and no one saw it coming.
The child socialist masses became a mere footnote in the history of American culture.

Wouldn't it be nice...too bad redneck and organized don't sit at the same table.
Posted By: tzone Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by gremcat
I’m thinking they have a shrinking fan base and hope this will attract a new type of Fan.

NASCAR hasn't done anything to attract fans in many years. They've done plenty to push them away tho.
Posted By: tzone Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/26/19
Jeff Gordon is GAY 😜

LMAO
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Nascar Is now Anti-gun - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I guess there is no reason to take up chain-smoking and dating my sister then.

Nobody dates their sister, its just a Relatives with Benefits type thing.
© 24hourcampfire