Home
Posted By: BigDave39355 Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Aimed at Popeyes.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
everyone says pop eyes sandwich is better.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I haven’t tried it. Until now my goto was the 3 pc white spicy meal with slaw.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Always 20 cars in chic fila srivw thru

Fugg that
Originally Posted by slumlord

Fugg that

The few around here have 2 lane drive thrus

You’ll only be there like 7:35 mins.

They be out there with iPads Hustlin. Rain / sleet/ snow....
Posted By: rem141r Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
around here all the popeyes are staffed by folks that i don't want preparing or serving my food out of my sight. used to like it years ago though. chikfila is really good.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Just not a fan of the chiggum sammich.

But I do love me a mess of fried thighs, or some gizzards!!!!
Gizzards for the win!

Gas station gizzards. TX Pete hot sauce.
Posted By: OMCHamlin Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Originally Posted by rem141r
around here all the popeyes are staffed by folks that i don't want preparing or serving my food out of my sight. used to like it years ago though. chikfila is really good.

That's EXACTLY right, but I've never felt that way at a ChikFilA, wonder why that is?
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

That's EXACTLY right, but I've never felt that way at a ChikFilA, wonder why that is?

Cleanly dressed? Polite? Well spoken? Get the idea of first time quality quickly?
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Schit, I thought Chik-fil-a had teamed up with Savage. "I'll take a chickin' sammich and a 110 Stealth Evolution to go, please!"
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Schit, I thought Chik-fil-a had teamed up with Savage. "I'll take a chickin' sammich and a 110 Stealth Evolution to go, please!"

That makes no sense. Carry on.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Fugg that

The few around here have 2 lane drive thrus

You’ll only be there like 7:35 mins.

They be out there with iPads Hustlin. Rain / sleet/ snow....

That’s the way the two chick-fil-a’s are here. Both lanes backed up all the way out to the street and it’s never taken me more than 10 minutes to get my food.

Cleanly dressed? Polite? Well spoken? Get the idea of first time quality quickly?

^^^This^^^ +100

probably because chikfila is run like companies used to be. whereas most other fast food places hire people who look and act like they just crawled out of their dumpster. in the city anyway, out in the rural areas its all fat young women.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19

Do they say that in Mexican?

probably because chikfila is run like companies used to be. whereas most other fast food places hire people who look and act like they just crawled out of their dumpster. in the city anyway, out in the rural areas its all fat young women.

All of the fast food joints here except for chick-fil-a and Whataburger hire all the groids that only speak Ebonics.
Posted By: ShortMag11 Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Popeyes sandwich is definitely better but the service and cleanliness at Popeyes is absolutely horrible. There has got to be at least 25 Popeyes within a 20 mile radius of where I live and it don’t matter which one you go to the place is always filthy and the employees act like a bunch of untamed gorillas! Below are my last 2 experiences at Popeyes...

1. 8.20.19 10:30pm. Just finished up for the night on my dart league and decided to stop in Popeyes Drive thru for a spicy chicken sandwich. I am the 8th vehicle in line total. Sit there for 15 minutes and the line never moved a single car. Actually the person at the speaker hadn’t even place their order yet so I drove off.

2. Today 7:30pm walk inside of Popeyes and theres 3 people in line in front of me. Person working the register is about to take the ladies order and then decides to walk off. There was 4-5 people who had already ordered and were waiting for food. Well they were out of mild chicken and apparently decided they weren’t taking any more orders until they could fill the orders they already had. After 5-6 minutes of watching the employees jump around flair their arms and talk all sorts of jiberish to each other I decided I had had enough and walked out. I then drive to the next closest Popeyes about a mile and a half away. I walk in and go straight to the bathroom. Bathroom is a total disaster. Paper and trash everywhere on the floor, smelled terrible, no hand soap etc. So I go knock on the women’s bathroom door and after a few seconds of no answer I walk in to get a handful of soap. Soap dispenser is empty in there as well. I then walk up to the register and tell the girl working there that both of their bathrooms were out of soap and she says “I know. We’ve been out for 2 days now. There’s nothing I can do about it?.” Needless to say I walked out. Can’t imagine I’ll be going back any time soon!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Same out here.

Chick fil a is clean and consistent.

Popeyes has better chicken but you have to deal with the Ugandans and risk hepatitis.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Gizzards are for catfish bait.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
To me the food is just bland as hell at chik-fil-a. Not much food for the price either. If i want chicken i eat kfc.
Mrs Winners still around? I used to love a Mrs Winners chicken club sandwich.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
same experiences here. Popeyes has terrible service, and so-so food.

KFC, not that good food quality, but at least they know how to serve food and don't "run out".

Chick Fil A, can serve hundreds in a short time, energetic girls out there with I pads to speed things up, food is good!
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

That makes no sense. Carry on.

Makes plenty if sense if you get the double meaning of the post title.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
I often get a Chik-Fil-A sandwich for breakfast on the way to golf. Even when I get there right at opening time, the staff is ready for business and I get my order within a minute. Our fast food joints are mostly staffed by Hispanics, and it can be a mixed experience depending on whether they are long time residents or "recent" if you get my drift.

There's no question, though: if you want clean, polite, and professional service and decent food, stop at Chik-Fil-A.
when i lived in the south back in the 80's, churches fried chicken used to be pretty good. they had fried chicken livers and okra too. their chicken was very crispy and to my liking better than kfc, which was the only competition in those days. i see my comment above concerning the staff at popeyes is not just a local thing. sounds like they may be living off their reputation and catering to a certain demographic. the last time i got their chicken it was dry and not good. i won't be giving them any more business. arbys is about the only fast food i eat these days and that is pretty rare.
churches is what we buy most of the time.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
There is a KFC west of us.

Its pretty terrible most of the time.
Posted By: Steve Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
I like the Chik-fil-a cobb salad. Have it for lunch every couple of weeks when I get tired of leftovers in my lunch.

We have Popeyes around but only eaten at one once.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

nahhh man they went tits up.

Used to get that super cinnamon swirl and large sweet ice tea. Start the day out LIKE A BOSS. Nurse on that 64ounce cup of sweet tea till noon.
I think that's why people are diabetics, they didn't grow up training their pancreas with good ol turbo charged sweet tea. Bunch of lillies. The 3lbs of sugar in that cinnamon roll helped too.

Lunch was two piece, 2 breast substituion and double mashed taters.

"Lee's Famous Recipe" supposedly bought them out. Changed a lot of the menu and hire complete illiterate savants to work there. Then, Church's acquired some of them. Still sucked.

Most of those red top stores are now rent to own furniture places and pawn shops. Cause dem chiggum places got swallowed up by the ghetto.

no mo mrs winnahs...sad sad sad
Can't get good fried chicken any more in Nashvegas. All the joints are riding this "nashville hot chicken" fad.

Douse the prep with ungodly, overpowering concoctions of special peppers grown in Chernobyl soils.

I think Hooters was already doing that chit for the last 30 yrs with wings. Now it's spread to other parts of the chicken.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
So it seems like ebonics is the official language of Popeye's everywhere. I thought it was just here in south Jersey.

Chic-Fil-A gets my vote. Never went to one until the gay boycott a few years ago. Wife and I went there as a show of support for the company's owner. The place was absolutely packed with like-minded customers. It was a fine thing to see. Short time later, one of my town's police officers lost his life on duty. Chic-Fil-A hosted a fund raising event for his widow and children. Fire trucks and police equipment on display in the parking lot, t-shirts, stickers and other stuff printed in memory of the officer, and the restaurant donated the proceeds of that evening's sales to the family of the fallen officer. THAT is what makes Chic-Fil-A stand heads and shoulders above the rest!
Even the Down Syndrome kids they hire at Chic-Fil-A have their shît together.
Posted By: WAM Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Every negative thing said about Popeyes here is true about the ones I’ve been in in WA. No more of the nasty mexigroids contaminating my food. Never go back even if I never eat another piece of spicy chicken.
Posted By: hanco Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
I’ve never been to a Popeyes Chicken place.
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve never been to a Popeyes Chicken place.

I tried one in Albuquerque, NM. Wasn't impressed.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Are the black servers with meth bugs worse than the white servers with meth bugs?
Them aint meth bugs on a brotha...dems be razor bumps.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

nahhh man they went tits up.

Used to get that super cinnamon swirl and large sweet ice tea. Start the day out LIKE A BOSS. Nurse on that 64ounce cup of sweet tea till noon.
I think that's why people are diabetics, they didn't grow up training their pancreas with good ol turbo charged sweet tea. Bunch of lillies. The 3lbs of sugar in that cinnamon roll helped too.

Lunch was two piece, 2 breast substituion and double mashed taters.

"Lee's Famous Recipe" supposedly bought them out. Changed a lot of the menu and hire complete illiterate savants to work there. Then, Church's acquired some of them. Still sucked.

Most of those red top stores are now rent to own furniture places and pawn shops. Cause dem chiggum places got swallowed up by the ghetto.

no mo mrs winnahs...sad sad sad

Oh yeah! Super cinnamon swirl, chicken club, and a sweet tea. Shoulda come with a side of Metformin. Lol.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

The reason God invented coyotes.
Here's what the delightful Emmy had to say about the sandwich war...

Posted By: Blackheart Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Ain't no chick fil a's around here nor popeyes either. You want fried chicken you go to KFC or Cracker Barrel. Cracker Barrel chicken is better but if you need it right now KFC is your huckleberry. No blacks or mexicans working at either so that isn't a problem. Cracker Barrel always has some good looking waitresses.
Originally Posted by jnyork

The reason God invented coyotes.

Must not have ever catfished.

The liver is gives off the stank.
I jez goes to Hearne over in Booger county and gets me a mess of gizzards and a big glass of pourple dring wid ice!

(Hearne celebrities)

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/11904606/rosie-lee-hall
Posted By: poboy Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Lawdy me!! I swan!!
https://www.kristv.com/news/local-n...368OwppuzuuXzvGtmQYsymRm9brwbtAtzmur70EU

I wonder if the feud with Popeyes has something to do with this

Chick-fil-A offering FREE breakfast items every day next week
Posted: 3:30 PM, Aug 24, 2019
Updated: 3:31 PM, Aug 24, 2019
By: Ryan Garza
items.[0].image.alt
from Chick-fil-A Facebook

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Chick-fil-A is giving away a different breakfast item every day of next week. (except Sunday)

The offer will be available from 6:30 am to 10:30 am, August 26 through August 30 at all Corpus Christi area Chick-fil-A restaurants.

On Monday, August 26, each customer can enjoy a free Chicken Biscuit.

On Tuesday, August 27, each customer can enjoy a Greek Yogurt Parfait with Harvest Nut Granola or Chocolate Cookie Crumbs.

On Wednesday, August 28, each customer can receive a 4-piece Chick-n-minis order.

On Thursday, August 29, each customer can get a free order of hash browns,

And on Friday, August 30, each customer can get a Small coffee.

Items are available one per customer while supplies last.
They've regularly run things like that before. Our local used to have a Freebie Tuesday for breakfast where every Tuesday if you bought a breakfast item, you got something for free. Sandwich one week, cookie another, burrito, bagel, etc.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
churches is what we buy most of the time.

Church's is what I grew up eating for fried chicken, really miss it especially the biscuits. There are (were?) Church's in Denver but the one I ate at was the worst chicken I had ever eaten. Last one I ate in was in Albuquerque and it was great.

My family loves Chik-fil-a, for me its good but rather have Popeye's just seem to get more crunch for the money.

Wish Popeye's would have fried gizzards and/or livers.

Posted By: Tracks Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Col. Sanders Kentucky fried Chicken used to serve good well cooked items. The so called KFC stuff is only half cooked.
The only way to get it close to good is bring it home and put it in the oven for 20 minutes, then it's cooked.
Never been to Chic Filet, but my Grand Daughter used to work at one, good reports.
I've been to Popeyes a few times, a bit spicy for my taste.
I wish to hell Whataburger had a place somewhere within driving distance. If I had the cash I'd buy a damn franchise so I could get a good burger every now and then.
Posted By: poboy Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
KFC - small pieces
Church's - large pieces
I went to elementary school in Ft. Worth with Laurie Church. Her granddad started Churches and when he died her dad inherited the operation. Still was kinda small then.
Church's was the first place as I kid that I learned that the overwhelming societal norm was to chew with your mouth open.

I had been lied to. Apparently
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Originally Posted by poboy
KFC - small pieces
Church's - large pieces

+1
Pigeon vs chicken... laugh
Originally Posted by Tracks
Col. Sanders Kentucky fried Chicken used to serve good well cooked items. The so called KFC stuff is only half cooked.
The only way to get it close to good is bring it home and put it in the oven for 20 minutes, then it's cooked.

Yep. Worse case of food poisoning I ever got was from a KFC in ABQ, NM. Vomited and schitt my way back home from a Antelope Hunt for 550 fuggin miles. NEVER AGAIN !!!
Church's was the first place as I kid that I learned that the overwhelming societal norm was to chew with your mouth open.

That and it’s like watching gorilla’s at the zoo at all the KFC’s and Church’s here. And you’d better be able to speak Ebonics to place your order.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Roflmao!!!
[Linked Image]

LOL !!!
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
I used gizzards and livers but from chickens. I used rotten shrimp from safeway too.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep. Worse case of food poisoning I ever got was from a KFC in ABQ, NM. Vomited and schitt my way back home from a Antelope Hunt for 550 fuggin miles. NEVER AGAIN !!!

It was those damn hatch chilis they insist on putting in everything there.
[Linked Image]

That and it’s like watching gorilla’s at the zoo at all the KFC’s and Church’s here. And you’d better be able to speak Ebonics to place your order.
Sounds like a wonderful place to live. Not !
Originally Posted by Blackheart

That’s about the only place you see em here. Fast Food joints or Wally World. They don’t pay enough for white folks to work at them in this part of TX. Otherwise they stay on there side of the tracks. And I don’t live in town. Just go there to eat or shop.
Ever been to the Popeye’s, I think it on Canal st. in NOLA? Set up cafeteria style! Right across street from the Nike shoe store that made it famous where there was about 4 feet of water in the middle of the street? The one they showed on TV with all them folks gettin’ emselves a new pair of kicks or two?

Good chiggum!

That’s about the only place you see em here. Fast Food joints or Wally World. They don’t pay enough for white folks to work at them in this part of TX. Otherwise they stay on there side of the tracks. And I don’t live in town. Just go there to eat or shop.
Gotcha. We just plain don't have hardly any around here. The County I live in is 96% caucasian. Went to downtown Syracuse for the first time a couple weeks ago and Ho Lee Shyt ! Didn't know there was that many black folks in the whole damn State ! Couldn't wait to get the hell out of that shyt hole. I hate cities.
blacks are 4.14% here.

According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Corpus Christi was:

White: 87.96%
Black or African American: 4.14%
Other race: 3.46%
Asian: 2.14%
Two or more races: 1.75%
Native American: 0.48%
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander: 0.07%
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19

Chik-Fil-A for me here. too. Thank you.

I'm not sure the fries are really fries at all at Popeyes. smile
blacks are 4.14% here.

Here it's 96.44 % white, 1.18% black.
blacks are 4.14% here.

Here it's 96.44 % white, 1.18% black.

thats good, we're a city getting close to 500,000 population, so a little over 4% is not bad.
so do mexican/latino count as the "other" there? if so seems low for someplace that close to the border. never been that far down myself. san antonio is as far as i've been.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

It was those damn hatch chilis they insist on putting in everything there.

I get the chicken sammich battle raging here, but there must be no blasphemous talk about green chile. Thank you.
If you got sick from KFC, then the correct Ebonical term is "vomick"
so do mexican/latino count as the "other" there? if so seems low for someplace that close to the border. never been that far down myself. san antonio is as far as i've been.

they are Caucasian.
blacks are 4.14% here.

Not bad at all

I was born in Corpus

Whiter than where I live now.
Posted By: K22 Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19
Chik fil a in Nashville must be the place to go...............................

https://twitter.com/breakingnlive/status/1151178322208010240?lang=en
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/25/19

Fugg that

There's a reason there is always a line at chic-fil-a and it isn't to do with slow service. People love their food and will stand in line to get it.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/26/19
I wonder if the feud with Popeyes has something to do with this

More to do with this
https://us00.proxysite.xyz/q/c9pyy5...LUugk/vJNYGRdk/8SZ27Q_3/D_3D/b0/fnorefer

[Linked Image]

The CEO of the company that owns Popeyes is a (((Schwartz))) and the author of the above is a (((Rosner))). Just the usual Lügenpresse from International Jewery.
Posted By: Steve Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/26/19
Albertsons' (grocery store) fried chicken is the best store bought by far. I think they put crack in the batter.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/26/19
[Linked Image]

Left photo

Ghet-toes???
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/26/19
Chik fil a is the only fast food place my family will go to. Period. It’s clean, service is fast and smart, and the food is good.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/26/19
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Fugg that

There's a reason there is always a line at chic-fil-a and it isn't to do with slow service. People love their food and will stand in line to get it.

Yep. And it’s reasonably priced too.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/26/19

Popeyes make me nervous too. They don't seem to have a plan to put their food together in an organized way. Doesn't seem clean either. I usually go inside to chic-fil-a, and they are clean, organized, helpful, and make you feel like your family. Vastly prefer the place.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/26/19
The Popeyes around here all went under recently. They weren't here very long, maybe 2 years. They seemed poorly ran, trashiest staff they could find, dirty, slow, and always out of the special or other items. I started to think it was a bait and switch thing. They'd advertise some $5 special but they were almost always out of it.

Chick feel gay is really popular. I think their food is bland and and their waffle fries are always undercooked. Women seem to love that place.

Bb
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/mi...td_xtU893dNjp-YcCYFpQOXG0uYt2DGpfB5DThT0

Cell phone video shows the irate man yelling at fast food workers through the drive-thru window.

A worker tries to fend the man off with a boom. That man then climbs through the windows and brawls with the workers.

A male coworker tries to restrain the man as he goes after the two female workers.

The person who uploaded the video put up a caption claiming the fight began over the restaurant chain running out of chicken sandwiches, although it is not clear whether this specific incident was caused by the chain’s nationwide chicken sandwich shortage.

Posted By: lapua6547 Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
[Linked Image]

Speaks volume!
Posted By: lapua6547 Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
[Linked Image]

Speaks volumes!
Posted By: 16bore Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19

Fugg that

The drive through with 20 cars at Chik Fila takes as long as 2 customers at any other fast food chain.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
If ya want good chicken, go to Canes.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
No Popeyes close to me, so don't know about them. I like Chik-fil-a, and believe in supporting a Christian owned business.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
Wife refuses to try popeyes.
After reading this thread I suppose she got one right.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19

Fugg that

Yep. And it’s reasonably priced too.

I like their food and go there from time to time.

And I don't mind waiting within reason.

However, I'm not going to sIt there with my ass stuck out still half a car length into the highway from the drive thru being so jambed up.

The root cause is goddamm soccer mamas and their vans full if their little shîtty brats pissin and moaning about wanting a custom pickle removal job on their sandwiches, that or their stupid breeder mamas that want a waldorf hawaiian carribbean grilled chicken salad with extra cranraisins and the waldorf cumshot left off.

Hell wit all that.

Many times, I bounce right into the inside of the store and laugh at all the fools in the drive thru. But ya can't even use that strategy when all the cars are in that drive thru cockblocking all the spaces. Then you might not get out too easily. tsk, tsk

I just go into the Lowes (behind our chigginfila) and get me a dang Snickers and a gatorade.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
Waldorf !!!!! LOL!!!

Posted By: trplem Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
Popeyes just opened right next to the Taco Bell on College ave. Now there are two places to go less than a mile from my home when I want to play dysentery roulette.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
dysentery roulette lol

It be like dat sometimes

But damn you got me cravin some taco bell at 9am.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19

Kill ya faster, anyway.
Posted By: RandyR Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
Originally Posted by trplem
Popeyes just opened right next to the Taco Bell on College ave. Now there are two places to go less than a mile from my home when I want to play dysentery roulette.

I didn't realize we are only a couple miles from each other. The new chik-fil-a is not in a good location but it will do well I am sure.

I ate at a Popeye's once on the road and can't remember exactly where but I was the only customer and waited forever to be served. The chicken was like jerky and tasted like garbage, never again!
Posted By: Okanagan Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
Really like Chik-fil-a. Used to have to go to the East Coast to get any but now they are moving into the PNW and I only have to drive a couple of hours to get to one. Have eaten at the one in Tacoma twice in past year.

Had a poor to bad food experience with Popeye’s several years ago (in Burlington, WA?) and haven't been back. Ditto for KFC. Used to like them but quality and quantity went down at the locations I was near while price went up. Lost me as a customer and I haven't eaten there in several years.

In the Denver airport food court a year ago the line to Chik-fil-a was way down the wide corridor while the rest of the chain fast food joints and local names were virtually empty. The line moves fast at Chik so I waited and got my fix.
Posted By: trplem Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
Yep, Popeye's has been on my banned list for years. There was a night of a thousand flushes thanks to a really bad meal eaten there while visiting a cousin in Georgia. Never Again! As for Chik-Fil-A, it depends on how often one buys beer at the Kwik Trip or goes to Wheel and Sprocket for bike gear. I do both pretty often, so I'll at least give them a shot
Originally Posted by RandyR
Originally Posted by trplem

I didn't realize we are only a couple miles from each other. The new chik-fil-a is not in a good location but it will do well I am sure.

I ate at a Popeye's once on the road and can't remember exactly where but I was the only customer and waited forever to be served. The chicken was like jerky and tasted like garbage, never again!
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by poboy
KFC - small pieces
Church's - large pieces

+1
Pigeon vs chicken... laugh

LOL, when I order wings from Papa John's my usual remark is "You can get arrested in several states for killing chickens this small"!
Posted By: 30incher Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
blacks are 4.14% here.

I live in South Texas as well - just a short distance from Corpus and I can guaranty you there are more Hispanics in Corpus than whites! I've never seen a census until that one - that counts both Hispanics and whites as "Caucasian". Not that it matters but most of this area is at least 60-65% Hispanic. Blacks are usually about 4%
Posted By: mathman Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
How many remember that a fryer is a small, young chicken that is supposed to cook through quickly so it remains tender?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
Originally Posted by 30incher
blacks are 4.14% here.

I live in South Texas as well - just a short distance from Corpus and I can guaranty you there are more Hispanics in Corpus than whites! I've never seen a census until that one - that counts both Hispanics and whites as "Caucasian". Not that it matters but most of this area is at least 60-65% Hispanic. Blacks are usually about 4%
Hispanic is a ethnicity not a race. there are only 4 white/Caucasian, Mongoloid/Asian, Negroid/Black, and Australoid. you can have Hispanics of any of those races if the were raised in it.
Posted By: 30incher Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
I see that they break it down by White-Non Hispanic (30.8 %) and White Hispanic 61.5 % (Excluding Black and Asian Hispanics)

https://statisticalatlas.com/place/Texas/Corpus-Christi/Race-and-Ethnicity
Posted By: RickyD Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
I see that they break it down by White-Non Hispanic (30.8 %) and White Hispanic 61.5 % (Excluding Black and Asian Hispanics)

The government's racist.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
Originally Posted by RickyD

The government's racist.

On the Form 4473 when you buy a gun nowadays, you gotta check white, if your Hispanic, then there’s another spot where you check Hispanic or non Hispanic if you check White. Been that way for a while now.
Posted By: poboy Re: Savage chik-fil-a - 08/27/19
Latinos are counted as white when it's useful
non-white when useful
like a mexican with more than one drivers license
Use one on some occasions another on other occasions.
© 24hourcampfire