Home
Posted By: jaguartx Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
112 degrees here today. In the shade.

[Linked Image]where can i get e85
107 here. Not quite so droopy
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
don't know how hot it got today but i looked like i'd been in a pool most of the day.
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
It was pretty hot today here in Central Texas
Posted By: ironbender Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Can’t imagine.
Posted By: hanco Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
Hot in Houston also!
Posted By: papat Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
95 here today. 80 tomorrow. Rock on.
Got up to 108 here in N. TX today.
The truck said it was 109 here in the south plains.

I believe the truck.
think our humidity must of been close to a 100%, started sweating as soon as i went outside about 6 this morning.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
think our humidity must of been close to a 100%, started sweating as soon as i went outside about 6 this morning.

I hate it when it’s like that. Lived in Bryan / College Station for 4 years while attending TAMU. I had a mowing business in the spring and summer and it about friggen killed me.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Got up to 108 here in N. TX today.

Local news just said our “official” high today was 109 !
They showed the Midland / Oddesa area official high at 113 !!!

WTF is that ???
Posted By: EdM Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
Flying out today from 85/48 in north Idaho to, what, 100 in Boerne?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

WTF is that ???

Impala with melted horns, Neal. wink

Cold front has hopefully has us down to 96 today. Whew. PTL. No whinning today. grin
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
It got to 114F yesterday at noon along the Delaware River, so I headed to a much cooler 112F here in Carlsbad. grin

I have no idea what it really reached on the river yesterday evening, but the weather guessers were talking about a possible 119F by 5:00PM.

Today, it'll be a balmy 90F!

Ed
Our fire friend Talus has this chit about May to October it seems. I get weather app screenshots from him when he needs sympathy. wink
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
It got to 114F yesterday at noon along the Delaware River, so I headed to a much cooler 112F here in Carlsbad. grin

I have no idea what it really reached on the river yesterday evening, but the weather guessers were talking about a possible 119F by 5:00PM.

Today, it'll be a balmy 90F!

Ed

shocked. Where is that, Ed? Glad to see you post again and I hope and pray you are doing OK.
Posted By: szihn Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
https://i.etsystatic.com/10355808/r/il/f69c93/1453970903/il_570xN.1453970903_suo3.jpg
https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/190318_abc_social_horse_stuckmix_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg

We all choose where we live and therefore what effects we choose to endure I guess.

So far I have not found utopia anywhere on the earth. It will not exist until God Himself sets everything right.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Our fire friend Talus has this chit about May to October it seems. I get weather app screenshots from him when he needs sympathy. wink

Hahaha. Your location has its advantages, in the summer, anyway, Iron.
Posted By: Chisos Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
Wasn't to terrible bad yesterday at 1700, only 109.
The weather folks say today and the next few have a chance for rain.

Whatever we get it is needed.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
72°F here now but we are suffering because the humidity is 45%.

Hahaha. Your location has its advantages, in the summer, anyway, Iron.

Year-round, actually.

If this ain’t “God’s” country, ya can sure see it from here.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19

Can’t imagine.

LOL. I can.. but glad I don't have to anymore
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
Today, it'll be a balmy 90F! Ed

shocked. Where is that, Ed? Glad to see you post again and I hope and pray you are doing OK.

The Delaware actually starts in Texas, NW of Pecos and runs NE into NM and dumps into the Pecos River a couple of miles into NM. "Hog Heaven" is what I call it. I spend a lot of time on the Delaware and the Pecos.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm healthier and happier than I've been in over 30 years. I'm in and out of here, work keeps me out in the desert most days. Occasionally I have to stay in and do paperwork, like this morning. Gotta go back out in a little bit and check a couple of ranches, so I'm gonna cut it short here.

I'll give you a call and we'll catch up, my friend!

Ed
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
ITS RAINING!! We are about 60 mi SE of Dallas. First measure able precipitation in near 60 days. Seriously cooler here than that heat wave yday.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
Originally Posted by gkt5450
ITS RAINING!! We are about 60 mi SE of Dallas. First measure able precipitation in near 60 days. Seriously cooler here than that heat wave yday.

We've had 2 sprinkles in the last 4 1/2 weeks and neither settled the dust.
Posted By: EIB0879 Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
Cold front here in DFW. It is 76 at 12:30 and the high is supposed to be 88. I'm shivering.
Originally Posted by EIB0879
Cold front here in DFW. It is 76 at 12:30 and the high is supposed to be 88. I'm shivering.

Much MUCH Better here today! High of 82. Might have to break out a jacket. 😜

Sure beats the schitt outta the 109 we had yesterday. 😬
When I see tourons here wearing hat and jacket at 75* - 80*, I not only know they are DSMFers, I'm pretty sure they're Texans!
Today, it'll be a balmy 90F! Ed

The Delaware actually starts in Texas, NW of Pecos and runs NE into NM and dumps into the Pecos River a couple of miles into NM. "Hog Heaven" is what I call it. I spend a lot of time on the Delaware and the Pecos.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm healthier and happier than I've been in over 30 years. I'm in and out of here, work keeps me out in the desert most days. Occasionally I have to stay in and do paperwork, like this morning. Gotta go back out in a little bit and check a couple of ranches, so I'm gonna cut it short here.

I'll give you a call and we'll catch up, my friend!

Ed

Glad to hear the good news, Ed. I cant wait.
When I see tourons here wearing hat and jacket at 75* - 80*, I not only know they are DSMFers, I'm pretty sure they're Texans!

DSMFers and Texans are totally incompatible and unassociated conditions, Iron. I'm sorry to inform you that you have unfortunately suffered a few too many brain freezes.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Whiney Texan here Iron. - 08/27/19
Only got to 94 today!! Pretty dang nice. Been watching that cloud up north of here. I’m doubting it will make it this far south. Dawg gone it.

DSMFers and Texans are totally incompatible and unassociated conditions, Iron. I'm sorry to inform you that you have unfortunately suffered a few too many brain freezes.

Good one!
Cold temps also thicken the blood and result in poor circulation. wink
pretty hot today, 112 heat index.
© 24hourcampfire