Home
Posted By: shrapnel What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19

I went fishing, again. Retirement sucks. I have the camper and side by side loaded and ready for the next 4 days of fishing and the Grouse opener. Then more fishing before the "Big Whiskey" invitational shoot at Shiloh Rifle Range, then back up by Hebgen lake for a few weeks chasing elk with a bow...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rong Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
Looks like you are enjoying yourself,can't wait for some pics of the bow hunt.
good luck
Posted By: hanco Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
Looks like a damn fine time. I worked!
Made a parts run. Got the chopper rebuilt.

Took the top shaft out of the feeder house. Changed oil, ordered more parts...

On another parts run right now....John Deere mechanic at dads place.

Lots to do.

Beats having a job though....
Flew home from Australia. Looking forward to retirement, I'll be needing a boat like yours.
Prepped the Rhino for an upcoming moose hunt and packed up my gear and clothes, leaving first thing in the morning and can hardly wait. Congrats on the retirement Shrapnel.
Tried to pull the couch outa my ch-unt.
Posted By: EdM Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
Flew from my place in Idaho to my place in Texas. Slight weather change...
Looks like rough business, don't hurt yourself.

Oh yeah, I worked yesterday.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19

Shrapnel, you are enjoying yourself waaay too much. grin
Posted By: 19352012 Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
I went to work. It was good. Had a meeting with my boss, he's a great guy. Guys worked hard. Gave away $20 for a couple suggestions. I put a $10 award for CI suggestions. I'm hopeful it costs me $500 a year, if that happens my boss will probably have me knighted. Talked with my mother and a shut-in neighbor widow. Thanks for asking.
Posted By: broomd Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
Well done, Shrap. Looks like a day well spent.
Drove from Park City Utah to Sacramento Ca.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
Hang in there Shrapnel, you can do it!
Awesome Shrapnel. Need some pics of fried trout now.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
Better be careful Shrapnel, you’ll blow out a shoulder reeling in all those fish. Better use some ice....on the shoulder that is. 😊
Same as today
Posted By: johnw Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
My personal time is short on workdays. I do 6p-6a night shift and sleep from around 7:30 til noon or 1 oclock.

Yesterday I got up at 1 and went to town for lunch. Home by 2 and did a couple of gun maintenance chores. One went better than the other so I re-did one of them just now. (thanks to Tikkanut for helpful video links and advice)

Yesterday, I put everything away at 3:30 or so and started getting ready for work. I leave the house at 4:15 and head for work.

Boots suits and tools at 6pm...
Ran bear baits, took and older Lady to my gun range, gave her some tips on shooting handguns, let her shoot 5 of mine . then took her to my gun shop and she bought her 1st Handgun! she plans to get a CPL after she shoots her gun a bit! she bought a late lunch of Smelt & fries! was a Good day!
That looks like fun!

I changed out an old window in the brick building at work, came home and worked on building my privacy fence for 3 hours then deheaded and shelled 10 pounds of fresh Louisiana gulf shrinp and packed them in the freezer.
Then I drank a little bourbon!!!
Looks like your are off to a good start on retirement. Hope you enjoy what you have earned. Hasbeen
Posted By: hookeye Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
Gunshop, bang the ol lady, went to lunch, then work. Came home and watched European boar hunting on Roku til 3 am. Kind of stuck in that rut.

At least it wasnt boiling hot at work
Posted By: Morewood Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rug3 Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
There was a yesterday?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
"Family days" on Wednesday, if it works out that way. Yesterday, wife cleaned living room carpet. While it dried, we went over the hill for breakfast (they're pancakes will not get a second try by me), then headed home by way of an alternate route, used by some a long time ago.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After taking a break there we continued our drive and took a detour to the High Grade Trailhead and took a short hike through the forest with the dogs. Saw a grouse, so I know where they might be when the season opens in a few weeks. Got back in the car and headed back down the hill.

Goose Lake from up in the Warners:

[Linked Image]

A week or so back there was a thread folks were talking about tracks and "spoor" showing up in the trail that weren't there on the way in:

[Linked Image]

You tell me, does a bear scheidt in the road in the woods?

[Linked Image]

Would have preferred to see the bear, as I've not seen one in the nearly 3 years we've been here. And we didn't see any elk either, which I have heard are in that area of our county.

Came home to a nice cooling thunderstorm.

All in all, not a bad day. Might have liked to catch a few fish like Shrap, but the wife and dogs were happy and we had to do something while the carpet was drying.

Geno
Originally Posted by johnw
My personal time is short on workdays. I do 6p-6a night shift and sleep from around 7:30 til noon or 1 oclock.

Yesterday I got up at 1 and went to town for lunch. Home by 2 and did a couple of gun maintenance chores. One went better than the other so I re-did one of them just now. (thanks to Tikkanut for helpful video links and advice)

Yesterday, I put everything away at 3:30 or so and started getting ready for work. I leave the house at 4:15 and head for work.

Boots suits and tools at 6pm...

beat my stepson and get my arm burnt on the stove in the process, i'm a happy camper today, he's no longer in my house.... should of killed him.
I'm right on your heels, Kirk.

Bought a new Honda Pioneer, a 22' Pontoon & I've got my public hunting all mapped out. Come next August I will be retired & don't plan to be home a lot.
I sat on the couch and wondered what shrapnel was doing.
Yesterday I went to work in Salt Lake City, crushing crime and making the world safe for women and kids. 2 1/2 more years and I'm retiring. I'll have 39 years in law enforcement and the rivers and mountains are calling my name. My wife and I bought some mountain property near Island Park, Idaho and will have a retirement home built there. Beautiful property and the HOA takes care of the snow plowing so year round access. 45 minutes from West Yellowstone and I can be fishing the Henry's Fork river in 10 minutes; 30 minutes to Henry's Lake and fabulous ice fishing. I can't wait!!!
Posted By: fgold767 Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
Oh I had a LOVELY day yesterday. Got my right breast poked and probed....got sample taken...get the
"word" tomorrow although we all know what the answer is gonna be: yeppers I am the winner of the one in a million breast cancer patients who is male. Radiologist says 80-97% malignant. Wow what odds!
Hopefully I will get answers to all my questions next week. Longest test takes about a week...test of what hormones are in play...determines whether I get cut or chemo first. Ain't life grand!
Let this be a lesson to all: it isn't just our women who can get breast cancer....men do also.....of course, I
never thought it could happen to me....just like YOU don't. I ignored the lump under the nipple for
awhile thinking it would go away.....and it didn't....talk to you woman and listen to how to check yourself.
Neither I nor you want to go through what I am about to embark on. Be aware.
Originally Posted by ironbender
I sat on the couch and wondered what shrapnel was doing.

That's what the whole world does. Every day.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
Originally Posted by REvans1957
Yesterday I went to work in Salt Lake City, crushing crime and making the world safe for women and kids. 2 1/2 more years and I'm retiring. I'll have 39 years in law enforcement and the rivers and mountains are calling my name. My wife and I bought some mountain property near Island Park, Idaho and will have a retirement home built there. Beautiful property and the HOA takes care of the snow plowing so year round access. 45 minutes from West Yellowstone and I can be fishing the Henry's Fork river in 10 minutes; 30 minutes to Henry's Lake and fabulous ice fishing. I can't wait!!!

That is a great area, I have hunted there and will again this winter, congrats on surviving a career in LE, stay safe for those last years.

mike r
Originally Posted by fgold767
Oh I had a LOVELY day yesterday. Got my right breast poked and probed....got sample taken...get the
"word" tomorrow although we all know what the answer is gonna be: yeppers I am the winner of the one in a million breast cancer patients who is male. Radiologist says 80-97% malignant. Wow what odds!
Hopefully I will get answers to all my questions next week. Longest test takes about a week...test of what hormones are in play...determines whether I get cut or chemo first. Ain't life grand!
Let this be a lesson to all: it isn't just our women who can get breast cancer....men do also.....of course, I
never thought it could happen to me....just like YOU don't. I ignored the lump under the nipple for
awhile thinking it would go away.....and it didn't....talk to you woman and listen to how to check yourself.
Neither I nor you want to go through what I am about to embark on. Be aware.
good luck to you and gods speed. fight that [bleep].
Posted By: fgold767 Re: What Did You Do Yesterday - 08/29/19
Thanks Roger!
© 24hourcampfire