Home
https://www.foodandwine.com/wine/wine-tariffs-france-china-california

"American producers face the consequences of a trade war with China while President Trump threatens tariffs on French wines".
I would venture a guess that an actual French wine aint been past Birdie's lips in a long while.
Well I know for a fact he has enjoyed several Côté du Rhones with us in our camp!
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Well I know for a fact he has enjoyed several Côté du Rhones with us in our camp!

Well, sure....if'n yer a buying!
Mon plaisir!
[Linked Image]

This means "french" in "Italian" right?
Mon plaisir!

Fuggin A'!
That's the good stuff Jim,

"Vintner Select" no less.

Bet it ages well in the pantry. Break it out for the important guests.

Geno
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Well, sure....if'n yer a buying!

You say that like it’s a bad thing, just Economists 101 Dude.

Anyways just yesterday evening I made an important discovery: I was getting tired of getting buzzed every evening while sitting out on the front porch drinking my watered down Merlot. Instead last night I did the same thing with some cranberry grape juice that I had laying around.

To my ignorant palate it tasted enough like the Merlot that I had been drinking, was even cheaper, and didn’t leave me buzzed at the end of the evening. I discovered it wasn’t so much the alcohol I wanted, but the sitting around and relaxing on the front porch While rehydrating at the end of a long day.

So I’ll probably slack off on the wine consumption for a bit, and for those evenings I want to go full on wino I can get two25 ounce cans of mango Rita for five bucks Up at the corner store.
That cran grape is good.

So is cran apple.
I hit the Argentina shelves a bunch lately.

But we generally always have an abundance of wine in our camp. So any of y’all are always welcome!
“I discovered it wasn’t so much the alcohol I wanted, but the sitting around and relaxing on the front porch While rehydrating at the end of a long day."

Been doing that a lot lately with the tea!

Laying off the wine. Mebbe a bottle every 3 weeks or so. Glass the evening meal
birdwatcher you keep on being you most people wish they were as cool as you
There’s so much good wine in this country that we sure as hell don’t need anything from France.
[Linked Image]

This dont come from no France!
Originally Posted by 16bore
There’s so much good wine in this country that we sure as hell don’t need anything from France.

True.....I was just having some fun with Birdie and his "cheap wine".........his words not mine.
i need mike to come down so we can kick back on the island.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by 16bore

True.....I was just having some fun with Birdie and his "cheap wine".........his words not mine.

Ah, what the heck do you know.

You're a well known aficionado of PBR. wink

among others. grin

Geno

PS, who says "cheap wine" can't be "good" wine, from America. Red Mountain was good for the purposes I needed it for. crazy
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That cran grape is good.

So is cran apple.

Yep, stands up to 50% water really well, for like 40% of the cost of already cheap Liberty Creek Merlot.

Anyhoo... I’m glad I still ain’t an alcoholic nor likely to become one.
when I was 13 I loved boonesfarm wine
The trade war affects Bordeaux, not cardbordeaux.
Originally Posted by 44mc

Boone's Farm and Tyrolia too.

Spañada for the Friday Night football games.

Geno
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i need mike to come down so we can kick back on the island.

Rog, I am honored to have you as a friend 😎

In fact that applies to a bunch of guys here.
Originally Posted by Fubarski
The trade war affects Bordeaux, not cardbordeaux.

Oh, a wine snob.
birdwatcher you keep on being you most people wish they were as cool as you

Hey thanks.

It occurred to me just this week that if I was somebody else I might think I was really cool too grin
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
It occurred to me just this week that if I was somebody else I might think I was really cool too grin

If you was somebody else, you could be.
I drink wine the same way Mike although it's Woodbridge cabernet sauvignon $9 for the big bottle .
A little ol buzzy-wuzzy never hurt anybody ..............

Boonesfarm and TJ Swan, those were the days.

G23
Cranberry juice and tequila mixed makes the wife frisky! Better than wine😉!!
Can't believe no one's mentioned Mad Dog 20/20.
Why drink MD20/20 if the store has some Gallo White Port?

Geno
Originally Posted by G23

Boonesfarm and TJ Swan, those were the days.

G23

Ya Boonesfarm was the gateway drug, from which one worked one’s way up to Shaeffer.

Bud was an acquired taste one had to work up to (beer face and all that) but Black Label was cheaper.

Wild Turkey and Everclear by Junior year.

Back in the day, Wild Irish Rose, was a most favored wine of choice for the true old school, hard-core, 'skid-row' aficionados.

http://www.bumwine.com/wildirishrose.html

Wild Irish Rose
18% alc. by vol.

The thorn in your hangover is a wild rose from Ireland. Bottled by Canandaigua Wine in Chanadaigua, NY, the same company as Cisco. Like its brother Cisco, "Wild I" definitely has some secret additives that go straight to the cranium. Another web page claims that this foul beverage is a conspiracy by the republicans to kill the homeless. Bums ask a liquor store clerk for Wild Irish rose by saying, "gimme a pint of rosie with a skirt," a skirt being a paper bag. Some don't want it cold either. It's called "wild" for a good reason, and bystanders should beware. Wild Irish Rose is sure to light a fire of drunken rage in your soul. A guy named "Richards" is mentioned on the label.

A helpful viewer named Carl wrote an email directing our attention this web page that claims that "Richard's Wild Irish Rose (named after his son, Canandaigua's current president Richard Sands)." The "White Label" variety of this beverage is definitely a hard wine to come to terms with. "White Label" smells like rubbing alcohol, and has no added flavoring to mask its pungent taste and noxious odors. Avaliable in 375 mL, 750 mL, and a 50 oz jug.

Field reporter "Greyham" brings us this report: Here is Wild I's devastating new addition, "Wild Fruit with Ginseng". I'll be honest with you: the normal Wild I has turned into some sort of fierce energy drink gone wrong mixed with the original to create a bumworthy migraine-inducing concoction. I purchased a 750 mL which goes for 3.99 and a 375 mL which goes for 2.59 (at least here in FL). Word on the streets here is that the bums are wary of it. I talked to a couple that said they'd prefer to "stick with what's tried and true". Apparently they haven't accepted it yet as the real deal. As for me, I drank the 375mL on a semi-full stomach and was just ruined by the stuff. The flavor retains it's same potent Wild I nastiness but has a whole new bouquet of fruity flavor added as well (potentially aimed at bums of the female persuasion). Upon completion of the 375, I was thoroughly inebriated and found myself honestly wondering where my next fix of the stuff was going to come from. This scared me so I immediately started drinking water....here's the best part. After that relatively small bottle, I didn't piss until the next evening despite drinking copious amounts of water. There is DEFINITELY something in this stuff that dehydrates you...possibly the "ginseng" or whatever it is that they added to this already foul stuff.

Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

I was never much of a wine drinker Geno.

I just know that every time I drank MD I woke up with no idea how I got where I was.

Went to a party one time where they made the punch out of Ever Clear and MD......I drank beer.

Geno

I just know that every time I drank MD I woke up with no idea how I got where I was.

Went to a party one time where they made the punch out of Ever Clear and MD......I drank beer.

That likely ranks right up there with one of your 10 best ideas.

Everclear and MD would be a wicked combo for sure, not something even I'd have gone for in the good old days.

Geno

Geno

I tried MD 20/20 once. It was horrible, like KoolAid mixed with grain alcohol.

I really think the plethora of cheap canned 25oz "malt beverages", 8% to 10% alcohol, in a multitude of "Margarita" flavors have made such classics as MD obsolete.
© 24hourcampfire