Home
Posted By: ltppowell I Bet - 09/04/19
... those Weather Channel people are hot and tired from running up and down the bank in those raincoats for two weeks, praying for rain.
Posted By: Gus Re: I Bet - 09/04/19
the cia and their counter parts from russia and china are running the show now.

the fix is in.

but, life goes on. my garden greens will need irrigation?
Posted By: auk1124 Re: I Bet - 09/04/19
Originally Posted by ltppowell
... those Weather Channel people are hot and tired from running up and down the bank in those raincoats for two weeks, praying for rain.

It is awfully tiresome to be constantly lectured about evacuating storm areas by a bunch of clowns who deliberately go to those same areas, just so they can get some film footage of their mighty weather warriors braving the storm...
Posted By: Gus Re: I Bet - 09/04/19
we're talking about tv theatrics now.

viewership involving the weather channel, abc, cnn & others.

it's bad enough for those directly impacted.

but to provide entertainment services for the viewers is quite cavalier.

but the media has to sell advertising, or it'd all be for naught.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: I Bet - 09/04/19
The people we should feel sorry for are the camera people , and others that have to do the real work.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: I Bet - 09/04/19
At some point, they gotta feel like Heraldo opening Al Capone's safe.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: I Bet - 09/04/19

Land's End.... North Face.... a lot of foreign made crappy overpriced rain gear, to be advertised. smile
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: I Bet - 09/04/19
I like it when they go to their main studio in NYC and the anchor is wearing the same rain clothing while indoors three states away.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: I Bet - 09/04/19
... those Weather Channel people are hot and tired from running up and down the bank in those raincoats for two weeks, praying for rain drama, destruction, death and ratings.

Fixt.

The Cantore effect is blowing hard. laugh
Posted By: 5sdad Re: I Bet - 09/04/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
... those Weather Channel people are hot and tired from running up and down the bank in those raincoats for two weeks, praying for rain drama, destruction, death and ratings.

Fixt.

Nailed it - applies to local weather casters as well: self-promotion constantly.
Posted By: Squidge Re: I Bet - 09/04/19
Posted By: kellory Re: I Bet - 09/04/19
There is a scene, in a very bad movie called "day after tomorrow " (iirc). It's a Michel Moore movie so bad I actually walked out and demanded my money back, but....there is one scene that stole the show and had the audience cheering.
There is this weatherman out in the storm, describing what wind feels like (like we are too stupid to know what wind is) and a billboard rips loose, and flips through the air and slaps down directly where this weather idiot is standing belaboring the obvious, leaving only a wet smear behind. The audience was ecstatic!

Best scene in the movie.
Posted By: 44mc Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
yea it is a bitch hearing them scream and holler how bad it is then it aint .then they tell you how bad it could have been .they need to s t f u and tell you truth when they know what is going to happen
Posted By: 12344mag Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
At some point, they gotta feel like Heraldo opening Al Capone's safe.

I figure ya gotta have at least a little shame to be able to feel embarrassment, So far i haven't seen very many reporters that could be embarrassed.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Fixt.

Nailed it - applies to local weather casters as well: self-promotion constantly.

+1
Posted By: MadMooner Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
An 83 year old has a heart attack while taking a schit 40 miles inland...

“We are bringing you live updates from the storm of the century that has already claimed one life!”
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
How about this dingbat? I think he was nominated for a Phony Baloney Tony for this performance.

Posted By: FieldGrade Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
So....are you guys saying this is fake news?
Posted By: 16bore Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
I remember seeing the Weather Channel reporting live on the scene of an approaching hurricane in South Carolina.

We were on the beach all day. Not more than a breeze or a drop of rain.
Posted By: 44mc Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
FieldGrade they said this was the storm that was going to take FLA off the map . did not happen . they try to scare people to get so they can get there 10 mits of fame
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
Great video. Thanks for putting it up.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
Originally Posted by MadMooner
An 83 year old has a heart attack while taking a schit 40 miles inland...

“We are bringing you live updates from the storm of the century that has already claimed one life!”

Again, nailed it.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
The entire media is in "End of World" mode this morning...

Even saw one weather faker on Fox hold up a palm frond to show what's blowing down the street... grin

Their other one is set on screaming into his microphone, even though you can clearly hear him at a whisper.

Oh, the drama!
Posted By: Showdog75 Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
I do enjoy me some Dylan Dreyer. She's the hottest meteorologist to ever put it in "motion"... I'd eat her panties off
Posted By: MOGC Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The people we should feel sorry for are the camera people , and others that have to do the real work.

Why? They're getting paid, they aren't doing their work for free.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
TV? You know you can turn it off, right?
Posted By: poboy Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
Local weatherchick gets all worked up and flails her hands and arms around like
Baito O'Rouke every time it thunders.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
Originally Posted by poboy

laugh

Yeah, if you wanted to shut that sumbioch up, just tie his arms behind his back...

Looks like a deformed Dutch windmill when he gets wound up...
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
Originally Posted by 44mc
FieldGrade they said this was the storm that was going to take FLA off the map . did not happen . they try to scare people to get so they can get there 10 mits of fame

Sorry.......I forgot to click the sarcasm button.
Posted By: WAM Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
Originally Posted by poboy

laugh

Yeah, if you wanted to shut that sumbioch up, just tie his arms behind his back...

Looks like a deformed Dutch windmill when he gets wound up...

Pocahontas and Bernie also have their own flavor of arm flail and head bobbing! Hilarious...
Posted By: las Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
Not nice to make fun of spastics. They can't help it.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: I Bet - 09/05/19
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
I like it when they go to their main studio in NYC and the anchor is wearing the same rain clothing while indoors three states away.

lol, yeah marketing the heck out of the cheap foreign-made overpriced crappy rain wear
© 24hourcampfire