Home
Posted By: Whelenman Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
Does anyone have a recipe that they could share? My wife has celiac disease, I’ve tried to make them but they turn out like hockey pucks.

Help Denny
Posted By: EZEARL Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
My wife found these in reference to the Keto diet. Haven't tried them yet but I'm sure we will.
https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/paleo-almond-flour-biscuits-low-carb-gluten-free/
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
I have a friend that uses Teff flour for making those kinds of things.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
Denny-my wife is gluten free and on a keto diet too. I'll ask her if she's got a good recipe.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
Thanks
Posted By: slumlord Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
My woman makes a 'bread' from psyllium husk fiber. Looks like pumpernickel when its finished. She bakes up a couple of loaves a week for herself.

Gluten/wheat free and low carb

My doesn't have a medical condition (except her mental state). She is voluntarily refraining from all wheat and sugar.

The product smells good, it ain't great but when in a compromised state you make trade offs.

If interested, I can get something from her. Although I think she just goes online to some Youtube doctor
Posted By: kellory Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
Everything you might need to know about gluten....

https://youtu.be/ZI34kLovXeQ
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
Gluten free biscuits? An abomination! 😜
Posted By: hanco Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
Glad I don’t have to do that!
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
What can you do? She’s gluten intolerant.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
I guess you do what you can to please her. Will she eat cornbread? No gluten at all if made right. 😀
Posted By: RDW Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Does anyone have a recipe that they could share? My wife has celiac disease, I’ve tried to make them but they turn out like hockey pucks.

Help Denny

I can't help with the biscuits but I found a Youtube recipie for gluten free tortillas (for breakfast tacos) that are pretty dang close to my mother-out-law's and she crossed the river back in the 60's, and her tortillas were outstanding...as they should be with water, salt, flour and lard laugh
Ok, not really biscuits- more on the roll or loaf end of spectrum.

Only doing this for you Denny. Otherwise this is some
Mannlicker type chit. But seeing as he ain't stepping up cept for peanut gallery comments...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Step 5 is clipped it off.

It merely adds, flavor with your favorite condiment, cream cheese, butter, etc.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
Dang, the pic looks like them rolls might taste pretty good.

Might have to try that, the wife has almond flour around for other stuff. That psyllium fiber should be easy enough to find.

Geno
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
I just recently found out , I'm allergic to wheat. Pretty drastic change in diet, pretty much everything I tried wheat free sucks...
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
What the hell is a gluten and why was this not a problem 20 years ago?
Originally Posted by gregintenn

The gobbledegook is that wheat didn't used to be so genetically modified, enriched, bleached as it was 40 yrs ago.

That's all I can offer. Just what I hear/speak from those affected.

Could be something to it.
Posted By: poboy Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
I add gluten to everything.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19

Now they spray wheat fields with Roundup to dry the grain off before harvest.
Posted By: Steve Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19

It is a protein in wheat/barley that some people (other than those with Celiac disease) have decided to blame for their lives being to good in order to make themselves victims and the center of attention. People in the Third World Countries (other than those with Celiac disease) do not suffer from these imaginary dietary issues.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
I was once served a gluten free meal and discovered I really like the stuff. Any time Cookie and I are out, I always ask for extra gluten.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
If you have an Aldi's store near you, and they're not on our burgeoning DON'T SHOP list, try their Aldi's Live G Free Gluten Free Cheddar Cheese biscuit mix.
It's like Chris Rock said one time..."you think anyone in Rwanda has a lactose intolerance" ?
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/09/19
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Now they spray wheat fields with Roundup to dry the grain off before harvest.

They do spray them with something!
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
whoever comes up w/ a low carb biscuit deserves the Nobel Prize! Slumdog's rolls look amazing.

mike r
Posted By: smokepole Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
I don't know about biscuits but some of the pizza crust made with cauliflower is pretty good. If it's done right, it get brown and crispy like the real thing.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
Originally Posted by smokepole
I don't know about biscuits but some of the pizza crust made with cauliflower is pretty good. If it's done right, it get brown and crispy like the real thing.

The local pizza shop makes the cauliflower crust pizza and it was really good but the price was twice what a regular pizza costs.
Posted By: JonS Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
Check out America's Test Kitchen. They do all sorts of stuff. My daughters both have celiac and as the GI doc said, it's tedious, expensive, and socially inconvenient.
They have a cookbook and tell you how to make their ATK flour.
We use it for everything and it's pretty darn good.
It's a combination of white rice flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch and powdered milk.

Send a pm if you want more info, I can probably send you a picture of the flour recipe. We make about 5 lbs of it at a time and use it like all the flour in the past.
Posted By: batch Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
Thanks for the recipe. My wife was diagnosed with celiac sprue disease and the diet change was, and is, difficult but the change in her system was wonderful for her health. Unfortunately those with celiac frequently then became allergic to dairy. It is very difficult to find gluten and dairy free stuff. It's worth the search, though.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
Puzzy biscuits! Same as s holes that buy QUEER jeans!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Heck of a passing, sniping comment for someone asking for help managing a family memeber's Crohns or Celiac disease.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Heck of a passing, sniping comment for someone asking for help managing a family memeber's Crohns or Celiac disease.

GFY! You know how this comment was meant! You're just trying to justify YOUR bulls hit comment!!
Youre full of shît you old fûck, won't be long before youre shîtting blood, with or without a crohns or celiac

Hopefully you'll be laying in a pool of your own diarrhea in nursing home Depends while a $7 an hour negroe ignores your pleas for taint serviing.

I got no dog in this either way, youre just a bitch.

lol
Posted By: Dixie_Dude Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
Something interesting about gluten. Government did a major study on grains in 1953. In 1953 wheat produced about 20 something bushels per acre. Wheat had a small amount of gluten. Today they produce something like 60 something bushels an acre. This was through hybrids, ect. to get production up. Today wheat has 10 times the gluten as it did in 1953. Heard this on the news so the amounts my be somewhat wrong. Again 3 times the wheat per acre, but 10 times the gluten. They did the same with rice and corn. When I was a kid in the early 60's we were told that China and India would have massive famines and millions would die from starvation within 20 years. So the government got busy developing hybrids. No famines, China and India have enough food. Our food prices dropped.

Problem is vitamin content of hybrid foods aren't as high. So they have to add vitamins. This is especially true of hydrophonic foods. Tomatoes especially don't taste as good as home grown in the soil with natural fertilizers such as chicken, cow, horse, or other manures. Tree leaves mulched and blended into the soil also provide trace minerals the trees brought up from deep in the ground.

Another problem many people become allergic to gluten, as well as other food allergies such as peanut, milk, etc. I grew up drinking milk and did so as an adult, eating peanuts and peanut butter. Now I am allergic to peanuts milk and wheat, as well as tomatoes, and soy. Kind of hard to avoid soy as it is used to fry foods as well as in salad dressing. So I now use almond milk, avoid peanuts. However, if I can get some home grown tomatoes, I eat them with no problems. Hmmm. Kind of makes you wonder.

Before WWII, most milk came from Jersey cows (small cows producing about 2 gallons a day with lots of milkfat). Today most milk comes from Gernsey cows (8 gallons a day with less milk fat per gallon than Jerseys). With antibiotics and steroids they give cows to grow and produce milk and meat, as well as chickens and pork. Makes you wonder what you are eating. Girls and boys today seem to mature faster body wise, not brain wise. Girls in Jr. High today have D cups. People are more overweight. Not just because of computers and computer games and lack of outside playing, but the foods they eat.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
Life advice!!!!
From diet to sports and everything in between.
Really informative speaker....

FF to 5:20 to 6: 30 subject is
really deep stuff...

LOL!!!!

Posted By: smokepole Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Girls and boys today seem to mature faster body wise, not brain wise. Girls in Jr. High today have D cups. People are more overweight. Not just because of computers and computer games and lack of outside playing, but the foods they eat.

Food is most definitely different than it used to be. For one thing, we have more of it and more variety. When I was a kid, a 300-lb. Lineman in the NFL was a rarity. Now they're all 300+.
To all the soyboy cum burping shemale yeast infected HIV ridden mongoloids that say it wasn't an issue 50 years ago why is it now?

We aren't eating the same food we were in decades past. Nothing is free, you'll always ALWAYS end up paying the piper. Higher yields, and more pesticide/herbicide resistant strains are harder to digest, and Lord only knows what else. I know at least some of them that can't eat wheat foodstuffs can eat food made with ancient grains.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
Originally Posted by Whelenman

Help Denny

Here are a few.

https://www.savorytooth.com/low-carb-biscuits/

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/264211/cheesy-keto-biscuits/

https://kaseytrenum.com/keto-low-carb-biscuits/
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
To all the soyboy cum burping shemale yeast infected HIV ridden mongoloids that say it wasn't an issue 50 years ago why is it now?

We aren't eating the same food we were in decades past. Nothing is free, you'll always ALWAYS end up paying the piper. Higher yields, and more pesticide/herbicide resistant strains are harder to digest, and Lord only knows what else. I know at least some of them that can't eat wheat foodstuffs can eat food made with ancient grains.

^^^^

Used to be 'amber waves of grain' waist high

The fields myself and renegade hunt artifacts in are now stunted, fast maturing wheat that is only shin high. Roundup Ready, gmo the drill settings are very tight on the plantings. No way to search it during the wheat rotation, except in the winter at first germination.

Posted By: Whelenman Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/10/19
Thanks for your help all of you!

Denny
Posted By: kennyd Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/11/19
The GI doc called me today with results and says celiac disease. I dont want it, but it may explain why antacids they keep pushing on me make things worse. Have to make appointments with blood work people, dietician, and follow up visit nurse. I am not a good patient, despise pills and tests. The modern agriculture may well be a lot of the problem.
If you all dont mind I will piggy back on this info. Thanks
Posted By: kennyd Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/11/19
Did a little reading. Some of the symptoms fit, bloating, brain fog I thought came from stress ( chronically ill wife) , .There go my whole grain pancakes and everything else. Add in the cholesterol and reflux diet and I can live on watermelon. Besides the big agriculture my other gripe is " in" maladies. We have allergies to all sorts of things, pre diabetes and pre whatever. Funny how the fix always involves money.
A friends wife claimed yeast allergy so could not eat bread, but could drink beer. LOL
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/11/19
Get some Pamela’s pancake mix. It’s not bad. I make it for my wife, and grandkids . I can’t tell the difference. Mix in some blue berries. Yum.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/28/19
I made the cheesy biscuits this morning. I’ll let you know how they turn out.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/28/19
I didn’t think they were that bad, my wife thought they were too salty.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/28/19
Had me some sorghum flour banana bread a few weeks back. It was damn good. Good friend of our for 30 years had to go gluten free. She makes some damn good baked good from ancient grain flours.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/29/19
Made some almond flour biscuits as a result of this thread. Beat the hell out of no biscuits. Lo carb diet works and is not that tough to follow. Or you can stay a fat phug and buy elastic waist band pants and velcro sneakers.

mike r
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/29/19
What’s wrong with elastic waist bands and Velcro sneakers?
Posted By: Oheremicus Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/29/19
I'm gluten sensitive, etc. So I skip wheat products. But I do make GF cupcakes for my deserts. I use a package mix and they turn out great. The name of the company is King Arthur Flower. If your local store doesn't sell them, you can buy them online. If you buy enough of them, they have been known to ship them free. Enjoy. E
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Gluten free biscuits - 09/29/19
Bobs Red Mill makes great products as well.
© 24hourcampfire