Home
[Linked Image]
Yep. I hope it happens.
That train left the station a long time ago. People decided they would rather save a little money and buy foreign made. US manufacturing suffered. Nothing much has changed. Hasbeen
One of the Walmart stores in my area has a very well-stocked reloading department. It's going to be interesting to see if they cut back on that or eliminate it altogether. I can usually beat their prices by doing business with a Mom and Pop operation about 80 miles away, but if I need a pound of powder or a box of bullets in a hurry it's nice to have a more local source.
Jerry
We won't even make a dent...But nobody in my household is shopping there.
I switched over to TSC

so I've been able to cut out Wal-Mart completely.

I don't begrudge people that still have to shop there , but in our area, you don't have to, there is enough choice you can get better prices elsewhere.

Aldi's, Tractor Supply, Harbor Freight, Meijer, Costco, so I don't have to shop Wal-Mart, and frankly I feel like I'm getting better quality from the other places.
Wish we had a Costco around here.......
I found out yesterday the closest Rural King is 14 miles away.

Last time I was there I didn't find their gun prices all that appealing - Bass Pro and Cabelas are actually closer to me.
I went to Wal-Mart to do some shopping. Loaded up the cart with all my groceries: milk, ice cream, eggs, butter, frozen entrees, etc. Went to the gun counter and asked for some .223 ammo. The clerk told me they didn't have it anymore, so I said, "screw shopping here then.", and left.

Hope they got all that food back to the coolers in time.
You showed them all right!
Truth from Sam Walton....... Except most of Walmart's customer base couldn't care less about their recent decisions. I don't spend much money there anyway and in the future I plan to spend even less. A Runnings, home, farm, and outdoor store opened not too far away a couple years ago and I haven't gotten anything sporting goods related from Walmart since then. Runnings sells guns, ( bought two there ), ammo, powder, reloading components, and general shooting related stuff. Just picked up some Butch's Bore Shine there yesterday. Real good folks..... If you have a Runnings near you or get one in the future give 'em a try. I bet you'll like them.
You got any clue how your tax dollars support walmart via welfare and medicaid?
Originally Posted by dassa
I went to Wal-Mart to do some shopping. Loaded up the cart with all my groceries: milk, ice cream, eggs, butter, frozen entrees, etc. Went to the gun counter and asked for some .223 ammo. The clerk told me they didn't have it anymore, so I said, "screw shopping here then.", and left.

LOL. That's awesome!

If he were still alive, I wonder what Sam Walton's son, John Walton, a Green Beret and served in Vietnam, take on all this would be... The Billionaire Green Beret: John Walton
Let your wallet do the talking.
Originally Posted by joken2

If he were still alive, I wonder what Sam Walton's son, John Walton, a Green Beret and served in Vietnam, take on all this would be... The Billionaire Green Beret: John Walton

never knew of him until now. Would have liked to have known him.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
We won't even make a dent...But nobody in my household is shopping there.

This.
Probably will not make a difference but I do not shop there any more.
Yeah, I quit spending money with them several years ago, but for every one of us, there are three that will spend their money there.
Wal-Mart is going down and this ammo deal is a mistake...one among many, but it isn’t going to be immediate. Wal-Mart is like 1975 Kmart. There are cracks in the foundation but it will be a long time until the house falls down. And Wal-Mart is a lot bigger and more solid house than Kmart ever was so it might be a 50 year slide to irrelevancy, but is coming.
Cart full of food, that’ll show therm. What a boycott! What do they call Redneck snowflakes? Cornflakes!

You do realize that they are trying to attract the yuppie market....they own the bubba market, and don’t care.

I was in bass pro shops and filled a cart with ammo and camo, then left it because they didn’t sell milk! Mother f-er’s!
I'll go back during closeout season next year!

You really stuck it to them.....
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
That train left the station a long time ago. People decided they would rather save a little money and buy foreign made. US manufacturing suffered. Nothing much has changed. Hasbeen

^ This right here in a nutshell. I've heard it called the "housewife syndrome".........braindead to everything except the price.

Originally Posted by BigDave39355

You really stuck it to them.....

If any of the refrigerated/frozen foods get too warm, and/or 'use before' dated food stays out too long to restock and sell, it'll ether be a tax write-off for Walmart and/or the vendors, and even if it doesn't, worst case -- a store clerk will just have to put it all back. Walmart corporate nor stockholders won't lose even a fraction of a penny.

I am in good shape. Walmart is 25 miles away. About the only reason I go there is if I can't find VacMaster bags (far less expensive than FoodSaver) closer, and I'm going to Kenai anyway.

10 miles away in Soldotna ( I live out of town) is a Fred Meyer (they carry some guns and stuff) , a Safeway, A Sportsman's Warehouse, a really good smaller Hardware/sporting goods store, another smaller sporting goods store across the lot from SW, a couple gun/gunsmithing places, A Walgreens, several auto parts stores.

Anchorage Costco , & Cabelas is only 150 miles/3 hours away- we often hit that passing through or in Anchorage for other reasons. I am disappointec in Anc Cabelas, tho. Gone to hell with cheap but overpriced stuff since BP took them over. I'll order on-line if I cant find it locally from now on. Amazon delivers to door or PO, tho I prefer to examine in person what I'm getting, before purchase, if it is new to me.

Walmarts is pretty much not in my life. But ef them anyway.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

They gots prime beefs, ya know!

Originally Posted by tmitch
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

^ This right here in a nutshell. I've heard it called the "housewife syndrome".........braindead to everything except the price.

A lot of Walmart's success has to do with the convenience of one-stop shopping for most everything average households would regularly need and use, and all indoors regardless of weather, too.
I'm doing my part laugh

Living in a smaller town I have to order some stuff on Amazon, like the large box of small milk bones. The Amazon milkbone price is the same as Walmart, but delivered to my door. I also ordered a new electric razor, but I think I could have gone to Target for that. I grocery shop at a local chain Super 1, and we have a target and a Bestbuy. So there are alternatives to the chitfest.
I'm glad y'all are all pizzed at Walmart, because the timing couldn't have been any better. Just checked Brickseek and they've finally dropped those Remington 700's down to where I'm forced to buy a few.

No competition means better pickings.
Originally Posted by KFWA

never knew of him until now. Would have liked to have known him.

He even looked a lot like his dad, too.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Everyone should put black face on and go into Walmarts ice-cream freezers ,pull out a quart. Open and take a lick. shocked

Originally Posted by JamesJr
I'm glad y'all are all pizzed at Walmart, because the timing couldn't have been any better. Just checked Brickseek and they've finally dropped those Remington 700's down to where I'm forced to buy a few.

They are almost giving them away at 77% off their regular price of $379.

Marked down to $89 now -- IF -- you can find any at that price still in stock.

Have you looked today?

Maybe not at every store, but at every store I checked in a certain state that's not to far off

Have you looked today?

Maybe not at every store, but at every store I checked in a certain state that's not to far off

Just did a few minutes ago.

Every one in every caliber marked down to $89 in SW Indiana, SE Illinois, and W KY within reasonable driving range (for me) showed "Sold Out" at Brickseek, or else still haven't been marked down yet.
Been in a Walmart once(maybe twice) in the last +10 years.

Hell, I haven't even seen a Walmart in probably 3-4 years.

Being an isolated hermit has its advantages....

Wal Mart want to go to all self check out.
Now they will not sell any ammo except some shotgun.
It is hard to find an employee to help ( that speaks English)

What's not to like??

Have you looked today?

Every one in every caliber marked down to $89 in SW Indiana, SE Illinois, and W KY within reasonable driving range (for me) showed "Sold Out" at Brickseek, or else still haven't been marked down yet.

Ya gotta know where to look.......lol. You're not looking in the right places.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

LOL. That's awesome!

I was going to call dassa an idiot…..but I will include you too...….to intentionally try and destroy food and make more work for others, is the sign of a dumbass.

to agree and think " that's awesome".....is the sign of a punk...…..bob

Have you looked today?

Ya gotta know where to look.......lol. You're not looking in the right places.

If they pay me 89 bucks to take one.
I would jump on it in a heartbeat!!
LOL!!!
We will avoid WM for most things, but last week I bought a battery for an F250 and WMs price was 28% less than the local Auto parts chain store.
Everybody should go to Walmart and fill their cart then call for the manager and let him know that these are all the items that you want to buy but won't be purchasing because of their anti-gun policies.
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Everybody should go to Walmart and fill their cart then call for the manager and let him know that these are all the items that you want to buy but won't be purchasing because of their anti-gun policies.

The Managers don’t give a schitt.

One of the reasons I quit going here was the she Baboon manager they had.
After they shut down all the local stores and all the K marts, some folks have no place left.

They are probably even more anti-gun, but they still get some of my money. I wish I had a better answer for them living in AK, but it's limited at times.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Let your wallet do the talking.

PREZACTLY!!!
We were in there today. It was gonna be my last visit since WE are boycotting them SOB ‘s. But..............just as I leaving I saw the $ 5 ginourmous take N bake pizzas. I will have to back one more time and thats it.

Renegade may join me. I havent decided if I wanna associate with someone buying a Chevy Colorado truck bed full of Walmart skinny jeans.
Originally Posted by Hudge

They are probably even more anti-gun, but they still get some of my money. I wish I had a better answer for them living in AK, but it's limited at times.

That was sorta tongue in cheek as I am sworn enemies with Costco......but it would be nice to have options sometimes!
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

LOL. That's awesome!

I was going to call dassa an idiot…..but I will include you too...….to intentionally try and destroy food and make more work for others, is the sign of a dumbass.

to agree and think " that's awesome".....is the sign of a punk...…..bob

Your opinion is important to us.

All of our give-a-damns are currently occupied with other opinions.

Please stick around, and your opinion will be given a damn about in the order in which it was received.
Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Yeah that'll bring 'em to their knees.
The only thing I buy from Wallmart, is Wright bacon. (BEST bacon ever!)

They're the only store around here that sells it!

Virgil B.
Unfortunately the Walton family has done a fantastic job getting a LOT of people hooked on the cheap and shiny Chicom schit that they specialize in selling. In reality it should be called, “CHINA-MART.”
Be sure to tell them you are unhappy they signed on with Michael Bloomberg's anti-gun group as well:

So...all you guys who don't shop there vow to not shop there twice as much? Walmart was already doing pretty well without you.

And can you please tell me about a store that doesn't sell anything from China?
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
So...all you guys who don't shop there vow to not shop there twice as much? Walmart was already doing pretty well without you.

And can you please tell me about a store that doesn't sell anything from China?

Yep.

I'm going to start buying all my groceries at Sportsmans Warehouse. Hope the kids like Jerky.
There will never be another penny from this household EVER spent at any walmart, save the dollars .gov steals then gives to the people of colors and toothless inbred welfare trash crowd!
The only Walmart store policy that would have an adverse affect on me would be they stop selling dog and cat food. Otherwise its life as usual around here.
Originally Posted by Pat85
The only Walmart store policy that would have an adverse affect on me would be they stop selling dog and cat food. Otherwise its life as usual around here.

I get dog food at the local feed store.

A life without walmart.........................................

I will put in a bigger garden, more exercise, better nutrition.

I will shoot more game for the freezer, more exercise, better nutrition.

Wife will can more, more exercise, better nutrition.

Everything listed above is good healthy exercise and nutrition, not to mention the money saved staying out of walmart, can everyone look at the big picture and see where all this will eventually wind up? smile
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Pat85

I get dog food at the local feed store.

A life without walmart.........................................

I will put in a bigger garden, more exercise, better nutrition.

I will shoot more game for the freezer, more exercise, better nutrition.

Wife will can more, more exercise, better nutrition.

Everything listed above is good healthy exercise and nutrition, not to mention the money saved staying out of walmart, can everyone look at the big picture and see where all this will eventually wind up? smile

I don't know Gunner, sounds like a lot of fuggin' exercise.............I don't think I have time with all the NFL games on..........
Haha!

Double whammy!
© 24hourcampfire