Home
Posted By: wabigoon The Old Bear Hunter - 09/12/19
Grandpa used to love to hunt bears, but is now old, and all shoved up. One day he talks the grandchildren to get down his rifle, and push his wheelchair out in the woods to find one last bear close to the trail.

the youngsters comply, and off they go. Around a bend in the trail they meet up with the fiercest, biggest, meanest looking black bear standing at least ten feet tall on it's hind legs with nasty growl.

The kids panic, and runs as fast as they can straight home.

When one can get enough breath back, he tells his mom, "It's awful, a big bear just ate grandpa." The mother says, "Don't be silly. He's been sitting on the front room in his chair for twenty minutes now".
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Old Bear Hunter - 09/12/19
Well I thought it was funny.[Linked Image]
Posted By: Prwlr Re: The Old Bear Hunter - 09/12/19
hee, hee,hee
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: The Old Bear Hunter - 09/12/19
You aint got to out run the bear, just your partner.
Posted By: Morewood Re: The Old Bear Hunter - 09/12/19
I don't get it.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: The Old Bear Hunter - 09/12/19
Well!
Posted By: 270jrk Re: The Old Bear Hunter - 09/12/19
I laughed, wife asked why, told her there’s this joke that’s got to be hilarious but I don’t get it. Told her the joke now she’s gonna be up wondering and won’t let me sleep.
Waaaiiittt...I think I get it, That’s kinda morbid, Hahahahaha
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: The Old Bear Hunter - 09/12/19
Finding enough old bears to hunt can be a problem...
The way I took it is simple. Grandpa went by the kids so fast in that wheelchair, they did not see him.

It's just a little joke.
Wabigoon, I was trying to think what had happened that the kids had taken grandpa out but he was still at the house, was it someone else's grandpa, etc. Then I realized I had been misreading the last line. He'd been back for 20 mins, not there the whole time.

My take on it: a slightly more morbid spin off the morbid classic, that you only have to outrun your hunting partner, not the bear. His partners were a bunch of grandchildren! I took it as abandoning his wheelchair all together, outrunning the children, and resting peacefully in his chair by the time they get home. Don't be silly children, he's been in his chair for 20 mins now (abandoned his grandchildren of all things, and beat them home). Of course mother must take after grandpa, she wasn't overly concerned either!

Correct or not, I've been laughing ever since, LOL
Posted By: las Re: The Old Bear Hunter - 09/12/19
An old bull and a young bull were out for a walk. Topping a rise they spied a dozen heifers below.

"Let's run down there and get us one!", says the young bull.

"Let's walk down there and get them all", says the old bull.

Am I going to have to explain that one to some of you?

Sheesh! We know who you are now..... smile
las... I don't get it... LOL.

I'm an engineer, I complicate simplicity haha
Posted By: Morewood Re: The Old Bear Hunter - 09/12/19
I still don't get it. If Grandpa needed help getting his wheelchair down to the trail how did he get back home unassisted?

If Grandpa was secretly using grandchildren as bear bait wouldn't he be sitting on the porch (or trail) waiting for the kids to bring in a bear that was chasing them?

Why was he sitting in the living room while all this action was taking place? Does he not like his grandchildren?

So many questions.
Gramps was motivated by fear. laugh
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: The Old Bear Hunter - 09/12/19
Funnier when Jerry Closer told it about Uncle Versie.
Jerry Clower was good.
When my wife was a teenager, she was on a walk with her mom. A neighborhood dog ran up acting tough, her mom pushed her in front, to shield herself (mom) from the dog. Next day, same thing, same reaction from her mom. My mother-in-law is an amazing woman, she's selfless and takes good care of her children and grandchildren, unless it's a scary dog...then it's push your kid in front! They still give her crap for it.
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: The Old Bear Hunter - 09/12/19
© 24hourcampfire