Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck dead man's car - 09/12/19
You can see the car by searching Google Earth for 'moon bay circle, Wellington, FL'. This is a screen shot I did from GE. The car lay in shallow water for 20 years before a guy playing with Google Earth spotted it. The driver's body is still inside. DEATH CAR

[Linked Image]
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: dead man's car - 09/12/19
That is an eagle eyed google customer. But, look at this little pond, not deep and no current. Probably not very cold in Florida, not even in early November. Water probably 70 degrees or more.

I am always puzzled by drownings like this. They said he wasn't drunk, Good God, you see you are going into the water, you Get Those Windows Down! Roll down at least one window while you still have electric.
Then, you swim out the window and in this case, either wade or dog paddle 15 feet to shore.
I could do that in this pond drunk, at midnight, with a blindfold on.

These cases happen 3 or 4 times a year, here in the modern era it is usually a female, when she finds herself floating in the canal, rather than doing something constructive, like rolling her window down, she gets on, 100 percent, the Iphone, and either calls her Dad, or 911.

Great idea! Call 911, the Fire Department will be there in 35 minutes with the dive team, to haul your corpse out of the car.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: dead man's car - 09/12/19
Had a drunk drive into a lake near here and while they were pulling his dead body out they found another one that had been there for about a year.

Probably a lot more common than you would think.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: dead man's car - 09/12/19
This makes me wonder when (and where) they are going to find Deflave...
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: dead man's car - 09/12/19
The houses must have been built after he went feet wet.

If the houses were already there when he decided to play U-Boat skipper, his azz had to have been drunk to end up there.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: dead man's car - 09/12/19
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Had a drunk drive into a lake near here and while they were pulling his dead body out they found another one that had been there for about a year.

Jan. 4, 1998 - Covington KY Office Michael Partin fell off a bridge into the Ohio River during a foot chase involving a drunk driver. His body was not recovered for five months.

However, during the five month search for Officer Partin's body, divers recovered three other bodies: A white female who had been reported missing a week or so earlier. A white male who had been reported missing several months prior. Still strapped into his Honda Del Sol. A black female who had never been reported as missing.
Posted By: BFaucett Re: dead man's car - 09/12/19
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
The houses must have been built after he went feet wet.

If the houses were already there when he decided to play U-Boat skipper, his azz had to have been drunk to end up there.

"The grainy image from Google Earth shows a car resting on its side at a ledge where the pond comes to an end between rows of residences near the 3700 block of Moon Bay Circle. The community was under construction when Moldt disappeared."

from: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/...12-tbuqkjl375ds7nijn6nl32cvu4-story.html
Posted By: slumlord Re: dead man's car - 09/12/19
[url=https://postimages.org/][Linked Image]
Posted By: ol_mike Re: dead man's car - 09/12/19
Originally Posted by slumlord
[url=https://postimages.org/][Linked Image]

Yup smile
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: dead man's car - 09/12/19
Some of our surveyors found a dude sitting in his jeep that had been missing for about 4 or 5 years out on RM 620 at Lohmans crossing road (Lakeway Texas out by Lake Travis). when we started a widening project. He apparently ran off road thru the Ashe junipers and hot an oak tree. Killed him dead as Julius Caesar. ( or Sid Caesar if you prefer). Damn junipers sprang back up behind him, hiding his vehicle. Thick stuff. Bet he wasn’t 10’ off ROW. This is a busy-azz highway too. It was 4 lane hwy being widened to 4 lane, with center turn lane and improved shoulder.
Posted By: slumlord Re: dead man's car - 09/12/19
Like Skeletor? 😄
Posted By: reivertom Re: dead man's car - 09/12/19
There was one found across the Ohio River from us at a river boat ramp. The driver/car had been missing for decades and was found by accident.
Posted By: memtb Re: dead man's car - 09/13/19
Back in the ‘60’s, a fellow in a pick up truck picked up a couple of hippies that where hitch hiking. The driver dodged a deer, ran off the road and into a fairly deep pond. The investigating officers when questioning the driver, discovered that the two hitch hikers didn’t survive. When questioned, the driver stated....”I guess they didn’t know how to get the tailgate open! grin memtb
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: dead man's car - 09/13/19
Similar thing as I recall from Route 9W above West Point in NY State on a winding four-lane road around a scenic overlook maybe early 70’s.

When looking for a lady known to have gone off the road down that steep wooded hillside and presumably died, they found another that had been there for years.
Posted By: kellory Re: dead man's car - 09/13/19
They were doing some road repair, and a bit of widening, on a very hilly stretch of two lane road, and found a car with the remains of a driver, front end fully smashed in and buried next to the road. They think it was a drunk driver who went airborne and wide of the road, and smashed into the embankment , then the embankment gave way and covered it over. No one had a clue it was there.
Posted By: smarquez Re: dead man's car - 09/13/19
Originally Posted by 12344mag

We were asked to help search an area in the Angeles National Forest for a missing/dead person. The mountain rescue team found the wrong dead person almost immediately and the right dead person was found the next day. We quit doing that shortly thereafter.
Posted By: Morewood Re: dead man's car - 09/13/19
He should've stayed out of the car pool lane.
Posted By: RAS Re: dead man's car - 09/13/19
The people now know why they got so many snags fishing in that corner.

I am surprised a plane or helo didn’t spot it.
Posted By: g5m Re: dead man's car - 09/13/19
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
You can see the car by searching Google Earth for 'moon bay circle, Wellington, FL'. This is a screen shot I did from GE. The car lay in shallow water for 20 years before a guy playing with Google Earth spotted it. The driver's body is still inside. DEATH CAR

[Linked Image]

Well, I did, and there it is!
Posted By: 338Rem Re: dead man's car - 09/13/19
Originally Posted by Morewood

Ba da bump. smile
Posted By: Mike_S Re: dead man's car - 09/13/19
https://www.nytimes.com/1988/11/18/nyregion/4-missing-teen-agers-found-in-car-on-river-bottom.html

I remember being at deer camp when these kids went missing. The bridge in question was closed and they drove around the obstacles and off the bridge into the river.
Posted By: killerv Re: dead man's car - 09/13/19
Wierd thing is, did he go offroadin behind those houses? i bet they were built after the fact...and still no one notice the car during the construction.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: dead man's car - 09/13/19
I remember that Paul!
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: dead man's car - 09/13/19
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Originally Posted by Morewood

Ba da bump. smile

You are not a well man.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: dead man's car - 09/15/19
Since there was interest in this, I am going to attempt to bring up a related thread from a number of years ago. I suppose that there is a way to embed it in this one, but as a dinosaur, I don't know how. I will just make a comment on it and bring it back. It should show up fairly soon after this one and is titled "LEOs find car/bodies". (I think.)
Posted By: Dutch Re: dead man's car - 09/15/19
About 10 years ago I was pulling a load through Oregon between Burns and Eagle Lake, one of the loneliest stretches of road in the US. Coming around a bend at Lake Abert, and there's a chap just climbing on to the road. Turns out he'd fallen asleep and went off the road. If he'd not made it out of his car, only an aircraft might have been able to locate him.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: dead man's car - 09/15/19
In SW MS. there are ravines with vegetation so thick you cant see the bottom. Lots of the drop-offs are 40' or more. A friend of mine found a car, across from his drive way, part of the way down a ravine. He called the law and they investigated. Turns out the car was reported stolen a few weeks prior to him finding it. No one in the car, but they dont know when it ran off the road.

The only reason he found it was that he got his mail and the wind blew a letter out of his hand and across the road. While retrieving the letter, he saw the car back of the car, about 20' down the ravine.
© 24hourcampfire