Home
Posted By: nyrifleman Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
Visually appealing, easy to use!
Suck up........... grin
Posted By: tzone Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
I do t like it
Posted By: Squidge Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
Seems a little bit faster loading pages.
Originally Posted by Squidge
Seems a little bit faster loading pages.

Does for me, too.
When I access the fire, about 90% of the time its on my Android and this layout is very user friendly.
I didn’t know that there was a new format!
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I didn’t know that there was a new format!

had your coffee yet ?

Look to the 'Hop To' feature
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
Doesn’t seem to bad, once you figure out the changes.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Look to the 'Hop To' feature

For?
It works for me!
Posted By: jwall Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
One thing OBVIOUSLY missing.

At the bottom left of EACH post USED TO HAVE -- "top". When you clicked that it went to the top of the page. NO scrolling.

You didn't have to go to the bottom (scroll) or top (scroll) OR hop to (scroll) to change threads OR forums.
The " top " feature was user friendly.

Otherwise new format looks good.

Jerry
Hate it.

But, I hate that all websites change their site to make them "better" or "more user friendly".

Leave things alone. People get used to a site being a certain way, dont [bleep] with it.
Always hate changes where the owner says its an improvement - usually its BS! So what the hell is the big button for? Where do you access your old posts?
Techies always like to meddle and proclaim its better. Its crap!
The thing I like is not having the "edge" add loading constantly. That's what holds up my page loading. Rolling adds. Their add must have run out but I fear it'll be renewed. it's a great forum anyway.
I dig it
Ric, When we click on or user name it would be helpful to have access to "My Posts"
Posted By: Lonny Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Ric, When we click on or user name it would be helpful to have access to "My Posts"

Wondering the same thing myself?

I occasionally leave a "tag" in a thread so I can go back to "My Posts" later and find that information back that someone shared.

Is "My Posts" gone or have I just not found it with the new format?
You have to click on "Followed lists" and then "followed threads" and then your post will show up. 3 clicks instead of just one, assuming you chose to follow your post.
Is posting pics still a pain in the butt with iPads and iPhones?
Originally Posted by jwall

At the bottom left of EACH post USED TO HAVE -- "top". When you clicked that it went to the top of the page. NO scrolling.

You didn't have to go to the bottom (scroll) or top (scroll) OR hop to (scroll) to change threads OR forums.

Jerry

Look at the very lower right of the screen, there is an up arrow ^ inside a white circle. It will turn gray when your cursor is over it. That's the Top button. It disappears when you're on the top of a full page. IOW, if I'm at the top of a page it's not there but if I use the slide bar or mouse wheel to scoll down it does appear once the first full screen of content scrolls up out of sight. I'm on a standard PC right now so it's possible that it might appear in different places on different platforms.
Originally Posted by 260madman
Is posting pics still a pain in the butt with iPads and iPhones?

It’s always been easy.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
You have to click on "Followed lists" and then "followed threads" and then your post will show up. 3 clicks instead of just one, assuming you chose to follow your post.

Great,

another "improvement"

It's kinda like waking up, having your coffee, going out to feed the chickens and finding now you have to walk through the neighbor's yard, to the other neightbor's shed to get the food, then find the coop in the next neighbor's yard.

Change is beautiful, eh?

Geno
Ha!

Go back and have another cup why dont ya!
I sure liked the old style
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19

Even that routine doesn't work the same. Just tried it, first post listed was from July 2018, then more from some other time and date, then a few from recently.

And the sort by recent button seems non-functional. This seems to only work on followed threads, not exactly my posts.

Oh well, I've got more stuff to do than I can shake a stick at, so maybe the change will help keep me away more often. Less clicks for Rick though.

Geno
Posted By: joken2 Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19

Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Jerry

Look at the very lower right of the screen, there is an up arrow ^ inside a white circle. It will turn gray when your cursor is over it. That's the Top button. It disappears when you're on the top of a full page. IOW, if I'm at the top of a page it's not there but if I use the slide bar or mouse wheel to scoll down it does appear once the first full screen of content scrolls up out of sight. I'm on a standard PC right now so it's possible that it might appear in different places on different platforms.

I'm on a standard desktop PC too but not seeing the UP arrow anywhere around the lower part of the screen all the way to the very bottom on my end.

Thanks for the info NY.

But like you said, 3 clicks instead of one..

When I tried it, the thread list was in a random order with the top one being over 3 years old.

So far, it ain't as easy as it used to be.
Posted By: RickBin Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
My Posts:

Click on your name. Click on the number under your name.
Originally Posted by RickBin
My Posts:

That’s two clicks!

Sure was easier when it was only two clicks..
Ricky
It’d sure be handy to have tappin the quote function take me to the reply box instead of scrolling, scrooooolling to get there.
iPhone w safari.

1st world problems but we have privileges.
This is where the top arrow shows on my screen. I scrolled to the very bottom to increase the contrast but it appears at lower right any time after scrolling about one screen's worth of content down from the top.

[Linked Image]
Well, that's easy.

Thanks Rick.
What's that FLASHING ENVELOPE icon about?????????????????
Sucks balz on Android IMO! MAJOR LAME

This is where the top arrow shows on my screen. I scrolled to the very bottom to increase the contrast but it appears at lower right any time after scrolling about one screen's worth of content down from the top.

[Linked Image]

No top/up arrow at all there on my end. No idea why.
Posted By: jimy Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
I don't have one either.

But I still have that annoying flashing flag !
Turned off avatars and signatures is better. Not an improvement. It sucks.
Originally Posted by joken2

[Linked Image]

Ditto.................scrolling to the top SUCKS

Originally Posted by FieldGrade

[Linked Image]

Wonder if ad blocking software could be causing some to not have the 'Top' arrow?
Posted By: Steve Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19

[Linked Image]

Wonder if ad blocking software could be causing some to not have the 'Top' arrow?

I turned my U-Block off and still did not get the 'top-arrow'.
Posted By: rong Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
As mentioned in the other thread,I don't have it either,
I do now have an add for "period proof undies" crazy
Originally Posted by rainshot
The thing I like is not having the "edge" add loading constantly. That's what holds up my page loading. Rolling adds. Their add must have run out but I fear it'll be renewed. it's a great forum anyway.

They're beginning to show up again.

[Linked Image]

The up button shows up at the top left hand side of the page on my tablet, pretty useless where it is at.
No up button for me. Firefox browser.

[Linked Image]

The up button shows up at the top left hand side of the page on my tablet, pretty useless where it is at.

None on my end, top, bottom, left, right or anywhere that I have found yet.
[Linked Image]

Samsung Tablet, Firefox with Ublock and Privacy Badger extensions. Up button on the top of the page on the left.
Posted By: RufusG Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
Wrap text on peoples names looks like a new "feature" unless I wasn't paying attention before.

The Forums page has extra spaces stretching it out, merely an appearance thing as well but looks odd.
My Posts:

Thanks!
Previously, had signatures and avatars selected and they'd show up on the PC and not on the Android. They appeared yesterday on the Android. Turned off it is seemingly less fubar.

Less of the fire icons would declutter some.

[Linked Image]

Same here.....all I have to do is scroll to the top to use it...... crazy

Originally Posted by Lonny
My Posts:

Thanks!

Another way to do it is click on your name in one of your posts and then "Forum Posts."
[Linked Image]

Samsung Tablet, Firefox with Ublock and Privacy Badger extensions. Up button on the top of the page on the left.

That's where it appears for me too on a PC but for some reason it doesn't show on all pages. Nothing on Android phone.
Posted By: hatari Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
Visually appealing, easy to use!

I like the last layout better
What happened to the pics in the gallery ????
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19
Everything is working as directed even w/ ad block on my PC, I will now try the like button.

miker
Originally Posted by Lonny

Wondering the same thing myself?

I occasionally leave a "tag" in a thread so I can go back to "My Posts" later and find that information back that someone shared.

Is "My Posts" gone or have I just not found it with the new format?

I find it much easier to follow a thread then go to my Followed Lists to find a thread I want to go back to. Much easier for me than wading through all my irrelevant posts to find one meaningful.

Might have always been there and I never noticed it but there's a feature with the option to "show/hide" calendar, form stats and other incidentals at the right side and bottom of the page making the forums full screen.

It's located at the bottom of the page right beneath the "style" option field.

I like it. Easier to read on my iPhone.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Reported!
Posted By: jwall Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19

The up button shows up at the top left hand sideof the page on my tablet, pretty useless where it is at.

SAME here. Scroll UP to get to UP button crazy

Jerry
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/15/19

Jerry

If you look at the extreme right of the screen at the scroll bar, just put the cursor just below the up arrow at the top and press and hold the Lt mouse button and WALLA the page instantly scrolls to the top.
Originally Posted by Prwlr

Jerry

If you look at the extreme right of the screen at the scroll bar, just put the cursor just below the up arrow at the top and press and hold the Lt mouse button and WALLA the page instantly scrolls to the top.

No scroll bar here, no up button.

Wait, there's some floaty magic up button now.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Reported!

🤠

Just like the danged ole grocery store. About the time I get used to it they go change things. GW
Originally Posted by Prwlr

Jerry

If you have a mouse button to press and hold, you likely have a keyboard and can just press the Home button for the same effect.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/16/19

Well, got the "Top" arrow now, but it's at the top of the page and only shows on the list of threads in each forum.

Open a thread and it's gone -- no "Top" arrow anywhere to be found.
I see only minimal changes? Expanded sidebar items on the PC, practically no differences on Android Chrome phone or tablet. Must be a few things that I've never fooled with.
Lol
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
My Posts:

Not complaining. The color contrast is so close to invisible, it got by me.
Where’d your post go reloder28?
Well, delete still works!
You guys!

Jerry

If you're using a keyboard computer there might be a command through the browser to go to "top of page".

I use a Macbook Air with Firefox and pressing "command" and the "up" arrow takes you right to the top. I would guess other browsers have a similar feature.
Definitely an improvement on the iPhone
I hate it because it's different and I always hate having to change how I do things. Crap!

No more "Edge: popup. I love it!

After a while no one will be bitching anymore...at least not about this.
It was too bright! Uhh, so I dimmed my screen...
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
Definitely an improvement on the iPhone

X10
Oh HELL...that phugging Edge popup just reappeared. The site still sux ballz.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Oh HELL...that phugging Edge popup just reappeared. The site still sux ballz.

Uh, what pooup?
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/16/19
The only thing I noticed was an influx of new avatars with kaleidoscope-like shapes and mostly in soft pastel colors.

What a bunch of pansies!
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Where’d your post go reloder28?

Changed my attitude & deleted it.
I use an Android and always get redirected to some spam/virus looking page.

Have to close out and reopen the site and go back to where I was.

This was before and after this update

-Jake
Posted By: jwall Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/16/19
Originally Posted by P_Weed
The only thing I noticed was an influx of new avatars with kaleidoscope-like shapes and mostly in soft pastel colors.

What a bunch of pansies!

That’s being P C.
Posted By: jwall Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/16/19
I DON'T call this better or improved.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I just took this pic OFF my laptop. It's the same on my Iphone.
The ONLY place the ^ (up) button (icon) appears is ALREADY at the TOP of the page. ? ? ?

What sense does that make ?

It's totally useless to me.

When "top" feature was at the bottom left corner of EACH post it WAS user friendly.

Jerry
I’m sure Rick plans on leaving it like that.

Just to F' with people with IPhones! Shows lower right on PC and Android. Rick is awesome!
I never used that feature. Just clicked back.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Just to F' with people with IPhones! Shows lower right on PC and Android. Rick is awesome!

Doesn't show anywhere on my Samsung tablet.
PC here, Win 10, Firefox w/ Adblock.

That up button is a mysterious creature. Occasionally it shows up above the title bar, at the very top of the page. Sometimes it can not be found at all. But I have not seen it at the bottom of any page. But no matter, I learned years ago how to hold the cursor near the top or bottom of a scroll bar then hold the left click and and almost instantaneously travel up or down.

Home is at the bottom of the page, it takes me straight to the "Firefox Home Page", imagine that.

No bitchin' here. Rick provides the site for free, and I was taught to never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Someone mentioned getting rid of the right side bar, and making the thread full page width. I might try that on the laptop if I could find the controls. On the desk top, I am using a 32 inch TV for a monitor. There is enough real estate for sectioning and running four tabs at once, if one so desired.
Posted By: viking Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/17/19
Where did the my posts go?
Posted By: Switch Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/17/19
Ric, all that's left to do is make it easier to upload pictures. Other sites do it so you can do it too!
Originally Posted by viking
Where did the my posts go?

Explained earlier in this thread.
Posted By: RickBin Re: Ric, I like the new layout - 09/17/19
Originally Posted by Switch
Ric, all that's left to do is make it easier to upload pictures. Other sites do it so you can do it too!

We did. smile

Try on an iPhone now.
Utt Ohh, everyone behave!
OT. If you have to keep the Zergnet crap, at least keep it all on the right side of the screen so it's easier to ignore. It's too disruptive in the middle of a page.
Edge ad is awesome!!!!
LOL!!!
© 24hourcampfire