Home
Posted By: jaguartx Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
https://www.npr.org/2019/09/17/7610...urnalist-who-helped-shape-npr-dies-at-75
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
Rush will be in mourning today. Me, not so much...
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
Hahaha. My sentiments exactly.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
Originally Posted by jorgeI

And why not? What did you hate her for? Of course, being a 24hater, you don't really need a reason.
Cokie ain't okie dokie.
You mean, "Why did you her her", right, laRoy?

Its English, laroy, English, get it. wink
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
I do not cheer the death of anyone. I do remember her after one of the debates between Clinton. and Bob Dole. Dole had told the audience to go to his website, something like www.bobdole.com. Roberts, said, "What was that all about"?

Even uncomputerized me back then knew what it was.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

And why not? What did you hate her for? Of course, being a COMMIE/TRAITOR hater, you don't really need a reason.
FIXT.

For normal folks, that's plenty of reason, btw.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

And why not? What did you hate her for? Of course, being a COMMIE/TRAITOR hater, you don't really need a reason.
FIXT.

Typical, dishonest response from you jaggie. I expect nothing better than that from you. Can't face truth again.
I dont cheer her death, Wabi, I'm just glad she's not wasting air.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
I just read, breast cancer, wicked stuff. She was about a month younger than I.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
One dead journalist?

It's a start.

FIXT.

Typical, dishonest response from you jaggie. I expect nothing better than that from you. Can't face truth again.

So tell us the truth about what's so great for this country about DACA, open borders, muzzy immigration, illegal aliens getting welfare, free schooling and health care, illegal alien criminals released back onto our streets, etc?

FIXT.

So tell us the truth about what's so great for this country about DACA, open borders, muzzy immigration, illegal aliens getting welfare, free schooling and health care, illegal alien criminals released back onto our streets, etc?

You tell me what any of that has to do with Cokie Roberts?

And why not? What did you hate her for? Of course, being a 24hater, you don't really need a reason.

Because I did not care for her politics or underhanded way approach to biased journalism. Hate? where did I say that, but having said that, you're pretty easy to hate. You know, like every other enemy to the American Way Of Life, so yeah, I pretty much hate your ass.

FIXT.

Fughk u.
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19

FIXT.

Cokie Roberts was all for everything listed in the last paragraph, that's why. She was a rabid, far left whacko. She also admired Sarah Brady, that in itself should tell you something.

Because I did not care for her politics or underhanded way approach to biased journalism. Hate? where did I say that, but having said that, you're pretty easy to hate. You know, like every other enemy to the American Way Of Life, so yeah, I pretty much hate your ass.

You care to document her underhandedness? Pretty much imaginary on your part, but you have a fertile mind for making stuff up.

Of course you hate me. That's all you know to do. Nothing new there.
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

FIXT.

Cokie Roberts was all for everything listed in the last paragraph, that's why. She was a rabid, far left whacko. She also admired Sarah Brady, that in itself should tell you something.

And you knew her personally, so this is factual, correct? Of course not, but in your world, not her's, fake facts are a staple.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
I thought her name was CoRkY
Posted By: hatari Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
Seems to me the story goes that when Rush hit the big time in NYC with his radio show, Cokie Roberts wined and dined him on a professional level. She was as friendly and sweet as she could be, then trashed him on her program. One of the reasosn Rush moved his broadcast from NYC to Florida. He got tired of that sort ambush BS.
Posted By: rte Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
Her parents were Hale and Lyndy Boggs.

She graduated from the same sodomite college as Hillary Clinton.

She was a left wing lunatic.
Sister Dianna Ortiz, a Catholic nun from New Mexico, was abducted, raped and tortured by members of a government-backed death squad, who believed she was a subversive. During a subsequent interview, Roberts contested Ortiz's claim that an American was among her captors. The United States provided significant military aid to Guatemala at the time.Roberts implied that Ortiz was lying about the entire episode, although Ortiz later won a lawsuit against a Guatemalan general she accused in the case. It was later revealed that Roberts' brother Tom Boggs' law firm, Patton Boggs, was paid by the Guatemalan government to promote a more positive image of the regime, which was widely criticized internationally for human rights abuses. Coupled with her treatment of Ortiz, Roberts's personal connection to a paid lobbyist for the Guatemalan government raised questions about her ability to report on the matter accurately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cokie_Roberts
[
You care to document her underhandedness? Pretty much imaginary on your part, but you have a fertile mind for making stuff up.

Seriously? See Hatari's post above. Her bushwacking was grossly unfair. As far as hate, I again ask you to show where I said I hated her, but I do hate you, ergo hate is not "all I do", once again demonstrating it is easier to prove you wrong than taking lunch money from a retard...
Originally Posted by rte
Sister Dianna Ortiz, a Catholic nun from New Mexico, was abducted, raped and tortured by members of a government-backed death squad, who believed she was a subversive. During a subsequent interview, Roberts contested Ortiz's claim that an American was among her captors. The United States provided significant military aid to Guatemala at the time.Roberts implied that Ortiz was lying about the entire episode, although Ortiz later won a lawsuit against a Guatemalan general she accused in the case. It was later revealed that Roberts' brother Tom Boggs' law firm, Patton Boggs, was paid by the Guatemalan government to promote a more positive image of the regime, which was widely criticized internationally for human rights abuses. Coupled with her treatment of Ortiz, Roberts's personal connection to a paid lobbyist for the Guatemalan government raised questions about her ability to report on the matter accurately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cokie_Roberts

That's even a better example. Come back when you want another bitch-slap, Leroy, then again, something tells me you like being a bitch...
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
LeroyTroll is having a banner day today.

He's getting all sorts of education, but as mentioned before, it won't stick.

Like bacon grease off of hot Teflon.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19

That's the only way that he can keep up his 30+ posts a day average.
[

Seriously? See Hatari's post above. Her bushwacking was grossly unfair. As far as hate, I again ask you to show where I said I hated her, but I do hate you, ergo hate is not "all I do", once again demonstrating it is easier to prove you wrong than taking lunch money from a retard...

Aren't you being grossly unfair to JeffObama #2? He has been so tramatized he had to change his name and enter the Troll Protection Program. That whole Hillary lost/collusion fail has damaged his self esteem.
They are like gerbils, "fresh" out of some homo's butthole. See above post from yours. One leaves and another shows up smelling just as bad...
Posted By: Seafire Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
As a commentator, Roberts sometimes walked a line that threatened to eclipse her role as a dispassionate journalist. In a February 2016 op-ed co-authored with her husband, Roberts called on "the rational wing" of the Republican Party to stop the nomination of Donald Trump.
NPR Clarifies Cokie Roberts' Role After Anti-Trump Column
The Two-Way
N
"[Trump] is one of the least qualified candidates ever to make a serious run for the presidency," Roberts and her husband wrote. "If he is nominated by a major party — let alone elected — the reputation of the United States would suffer a devastating blow around the world."

From the article, really highlights all I really need to know....

Condolences to her husband for his loss....

The rest of us have no loss for her at NPR ( National Propaganda Radio )

May she go to where ALL Liberal leftist American Hating Feminine Journalists go....where they can sit around all day spinning lies among themselves, and complaining about the country whose society and economy was so good to them....while they sip their tea and butter their crumpets...
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Watch out boys!

They are calling for backup!

laugh

Riddle: How many liberals does it take to win an argument?

Answer: Nobody knows because it hasn't happened yet... LOL
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Watch out boys!

laugh

Says Mr 15+ posts a day.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
Cokie did some good reporting early on then she got editorial about when MacNeil-Lherer began to slide (which is now a propaganda show run by Judy Woodruff).

If you look into her history she was a Louisiana Boggs, about as Democrat as it gets. So it's no surprise she tilted her reporting that way when NPR wanted to keep their audience when the commercial networks went all political.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19

Why are you so stupid? Of course, being a 24idiot, you don't really need a reason.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
It must have killed her to know she was dying and Trump was still President................

Says Mr 15+ posts a day.

LOL... I don't have 4-5 suckpuppets to spread 'em out like you guys do! laugh

Says Mr 15+ posts a day.

I thought I was yur sock puppet? wink
Originally Posted by 12344mag
It must have killed her to know she was dying and Trump was still President................

Sock puppet for this guy too.
They are like gerbils, "fresh" out of some homo's butthole. See above post from yours. One leaves and another shows up smelling just as bad...

Does this guy need one???
laugh
My dad,whose neighbor is a vice president of a division of Verizon,told to him a story about Cokie Roberts that dates to the mid 1990's.This was when the telephone company was known as Bell Atlantic before their merger and subsequently became Verizon.

This vice president's son was in training to understand the communications business from the ground up.To that end he was being trained in the repair of telephone lines.He was riding with an experienced and long time employee whose job it was to train newbies.They received a service call from a residence in Bethesda Maryland,it was Robert's house.When they knocked on the door Roberts herself answered.This man's son explained he was from Bell Atlantic and was responding to a call which stated this house had no telephone service.Mrs Roberts invited them in and then suddenly requested that they go around to the back of the house to enter there.When he explained this to his father he told him that his trainer was a black man,who was standing off to the side of the front porch and not seen by Roberts until he stepped from his position to enter the front door. This is when Roberts requested they enter at the rear of the house.The black technician swore she was a racist for her actions but didn't know Roberts was well known.The son of this vice president was a college graduate and he recognized her immediately.

So much for the claim that the Demonrat Party is a non racist party.LOL
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
Rip.

Says Mr 15+ posts a day.

Sorry, I'm all by my lonesome...
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
Her father disappeared with Mark Begich's father in a small plane from Anchorage to Juneau. Nothing of them has ever been found. Boggs was voicing concerns about the Warren Commision findings which he was a member of. Even today small planes disappear up here and are never found. Some believe the disappearance was due to his WC stance.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
""[Trump] is one of the least qualified candidates ever to make a serious run for the presidency," Roberts and her husband wrote. "If he is nominated by a major party — let alone elected — the reputation of the United States would suffer a devastating blow around the world."'

Guess she was too stupid to realize Obama had already done that. Pity.
Paul B.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
jorge1: That is probably the stupidest posting I have read on here this month - and that is saying something!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
jaguartx: It is a sad commentary on Ms. Roberts life, but I believe the United States of America is now a better place without her!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
I don’t think I will miss see or hearing her . Hasbeen
Posted By: Raeford Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
I don’t think I will miss see or hearing her . Hasbeen

This^^^^^
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
Nothing worse than a southern liberal, and she was a fine example of such.
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
She was a Southern Bellow.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/17/19
Yawn. The media always acts like folks care when a talking head dies

Like rats, only worse- dimoc-rats

Watch out boys!

laugh

Hahaha. Too true. Too bad they are too dumb to see when their beat.
Originally Posted by rte
My dad,whose neighbor is a vice president of a division of Verizon,told to him a story about Cokie Roberts that dates to the mid 1990's.This was when the telephone company was known as Bell Atlantic before their merger and subsequently became Verizon.

This vice president's son was in training to understand the communications business from the ground up.To that end he was being trained in the repair of telephone lines.He was riding with an experienced and long time employee whose job it was to train newbies.They received a service call from a residence in Bethesda Maryland,it was Robert's house.When they knocked on the door Roberts herself answered.This man's son explained he was from Bell Atlantic and was responding to a call which stated this house had no telephone service.Mrs Roberts invited them in and then suddenly requested that they go around to the back of the house to enter there.When he explained this to his father he told him that his trainer was a black man,who was standing off to the side of the front porch and not seen by Roberts until he stepped from his position to enter the front door. This is when Roberts requested they enter at the rear of the house.The black technician swore she was a racist for her actions but didn't know Roberts was well known.The son of this vice president was a college graduate and he recognized her immediately.

So much for the claim that the Demonrat Party is a non racist party.LOL

Like Jimmah Carter and LBJ building new schools to keep their kids from schooling with blacks.
Posted By: Odin1 Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/18/19
Who is hated more, politicians or "journalists" today?

I would say journalists for good reason.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/18/19
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Sock puppet for this guy too.

Racist!!
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Cokie has croaked - 09/18/19
Sock puppets are a race? Next they'll want reparations for having to go through life with a hand up their ass.
© 24hourcampfire