Home
It's there now.

Like you guys need the rain...right? wink

Don't hog it all. Send a bit West...

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
We do need a good soaking...….not sure we need 12 inches though!
I'm wishing her your way. We've had enough of her in Sabine Pass already.
Keeps looking like rain here. But so far nuthin’
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I'm wishing her your way. We've had enough of her in Sabine Pass already.

I bet.

My brother lives outside Santa Fe.. He's not looking forward to it either.
Oh lod jeebus I's bess be gwttin my turnip seed in the grount
Just a little rain... smile

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...-storms-roll-14445563.php#photo-18277346

But Houston and Galveston area don't need it much. Might put the quell on those BLM protestors in Galveston though. grin
Cant be gettin my weave wet and sheeitt, I be nourishin muh har
BLM protest in Galveston?

Guess if I watched news I’d know this stuff.

On second thought, I’ll just keep watchin’ Randolph Scott.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
BLM protest in Galveston?

Guess if I watched news I’d know this stuff.

On second thought, I’ll just keep watchin’ Randolph Scott.

Yeah, remember the mean-o cops that lead the black guy with a halter lead rope after arresting the guy?

https://abc13.com/society/hundreds-march-for-justice-in-controversial-horseback-arrest/5538155/
TimZ: Just heard on T.V. that up to 18" (eighteen inches!) of rain to fall on Houston.
Good luck all you Texans!
We get half that much in a whole year where I live now (SW Montana)!
Stay safe ya'all.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
You better evacuate all the inner city folks to new orliens smile
I dindu know til I saw this!!
TS Imelda might leave a marcos...

Better get your tallest shoes on!
Maybe I’ll get a paid day off work!😁
I wish it would do a right hook and bring us some rain.
I live on the coast, near Freeport (just west of Galveston). My rain gauge shows just a little over 2" today - even though the reports have threatened us with flash floods pretty much all day? Hope it hold like this until this storm is over - don't really need any (more) flooding.

Mike Holmes
What are they protesting, welfare money late???
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
TimZ: Just heard on T.V. that up to 18" (eighteen inches!) of rain to fall on Houston.
Good luck all you Texans!
We get half that much in a whole year where I live now (SW Montana)!
Stay safe ya'all.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG, thanks, I am working in London this week, so will miss all the fun, the wife will ride it out working at home...….hopefully no flooding...…..

Tim
Haven’t gotten much rain so far
Originally Posted by hanco
Haven’t gotten much rain so far

Brother in Santa Fe said 3" yesterday evening.

More than I've gotten. Not a sprinkle here.
Wish we could get some rain. It's the driest here than it's been all year. Over 3 weeks without any, plus temps in the 90's every day.
Parked right on top of us, as usual. 28" of rain so far with 70 lightning strikes per minute. Pretty impressive.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Parked right on top of us, as usual. 28" of rain so far with 70 lightning strikes per minute. Pretty impressive.

Holy Crap! eek

Either prayin' for rain or prayin' for it to stop...
I love the Gulf coast for the superb fishing. But I wouldn't want to live there. The Gulf looks like a corner pocket and every billiard ball of hell goes right in.
I just checked KHOU, Houston tv. Interstate 10 is closed between Beaumont and Houston. A hospital is being evacuated right now.
Good God what a mess.
We saw nuthin’ here. Too far west.
Looks like it just set up over Houston and camped out. Relatives living a hundred miles north have not gotten any appreciable rain.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Looks like it just set up over Houston and camped out. Relatives living a hundred miles north have not gotten any appreciable rain.

Nary a drop here either.

I don't even think Houston proper has had that many issues. It's the East side of the twist that gets the most rain.
If I'd move up just a little north east I might get a shower out of it.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Nary a drop here either.

I don't even think Houston proper has had that many issues. It's the East side of the twist that gets the most rain.

That’s seems to be right. Heavy rain is hit and miss. If it hits you , it’s real heavy other wise it’s just been a good soaking rain for me.
Hasbeen
https://www.khou.com/

I was just watching KHOU. Winnie and Beaumont have gotten 17.1 inches of rain in the past 6 hours. The land there is so flat, there is nowhere for the water to go.
The water is running 12 inches deep over Interstate 10, east of Winnie. This is a disaster just localized to the area 40 miles east of Houston.
She ain't done yet. You boys MIGHT hear more about it when 17% of the nation's refining capabilities (Port Arthur/Beaumont) get swamped.
Very distinct possibility.
It’s not raining too hard in Katy, wifey on east side of Houston, raining hard there
Harvey levels in Beaumont. 40 inches.
It rained a lot in Angleton but not to the west maybe 45 miles
My brother texted from downtown Houston.

They evacuating the building he works in, and are putting up flood barricades around the lower floors of the building.

TV showed Beaumont underwater already. eek
I hate Houston. I avoid it like the plague.

That being said, I hope my family and friends there are safe!!!
Ok, it’s trying to rain here. Bring it on
© 24hourcampfire