Home
Posted By: Toddly We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
At least two months and nothing. Wind has been blowing and the hot air has got my fish pond down at least a foot. I’m seriously considering having a well drilled (at least $4000) to keep the water level up and my yard somewhat green.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
Originally Posted by Toddly
At least two months and nothing. Wind has been blowing and the hot air has got my fish pond down at least a foot. I’m seriously considering having a well drilled (at least $4000) to keep the water level up and my yard somewhat green.

We had a small light cloud pass over last Tuesday - made it hazey for 15-20 minutes . First time I've seen anything except the burning fireball from hell - the Sun .
I could live somewhere that was cloudy & overcast year round - never see the sun again wouldn't bother me .
28 month drought here still going strong nothing in the 10 day forecast and if they say there's a chance of rain - they're wrong .
It’s sprinkling here now. We need some rain bad. Another brush fire down the road last night.
2 inches plus here last night
I'd gladly give you some of our's, I've been sucking water out of my basement for over a week now.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19

Weeks and weeks of daily downpours here southeast of you. Hasn't rained for maybe 8-9 days
Posted By: Tom264 Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
My 3 acre pond is down 16”
Ehd has hit our deer population and my top 3 bucks are wiped out.
Coming from a record amount of rain this winter/spring this is maddening.
Yeah I’m ticked.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
Hope you get some rain.

We've had to mow our 6 acres 2-3 times per week all summer. It's getting old but I'll take that over butt tons of snow, any day.
Rained all day here and I don’t think it got above 65*. It’s been cool and wet since August for the first time in many years. Usually we’re covered in smoke from wildfires but this year we got a reprieve.
We got over 50" from Imelda and it rained again today. I've got enough to share with everybody
Oklahoma finally got a good wetting the last could of days.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
We have gone a month without any, and the temps have been in the 90's for most of that time. It's starting to hurt things. My pastures had really held up good, and I was counting on grazing them way on up in the early winter until I had to start feeding hay. Now, they're beginning to dry up, and the outlook for any measurable rain is very slim to none.

Otherwise, we've had a wet year, with the rain totals above average. But, that's how it often goes, when the rain shuts off, it really shuts off. They say there's a chance today of a passing shower, but I'm not holding my breath.
We desperately need rain here. I took a group of boy scouts on a canoe trip this weekend on the upper Potomac River, the water depth averaged 1.2 to 1.8 feet.
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19

No rain here and none predicted.
Posted By: silver78 Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19

I hear you. We went camping in WV over the weekend. The WV governor issued a fire ban last Friday because of the drought conditions. Of course it rained pretty hard for about an hour around 9pm. We have always joked that rain follows us no matter where/when we camp but this is the first time we got rained on during a drought.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
We got 1 3/4" over a 3 day stretch last week and that helped a lot. Previous rain was 3rd week of July.
As of now we have gotten 18" so far this year... Avg. is 30" for this date.

We are dry.

Catfish are coughing dust...
Posted By: Whelenman Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
We got 2-1/2 inches yesterday, and more last week. The great lake levels are at an all time high!!
Dry, dry here in the NC mountains. Hot.
We started the year with excessively wet conditions, which was followed by normal rainfall into summer. We had had almost no rain since the beginning of August, and none in the forecast. Pond is suffering, big time. 90 degree heat every day as well. We tend to get this in late summer and early fall. I do enjoy backing off the mowing a bit, though.
Posted By: Raeford Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
Two measurable rain periods here since mid June. Highs in upper 80's over the next 8 days except tomorrow.
We had a lions share this year. It is still green here.
It just rained here.........for 2 minutes and 37 seconds.

Hoping the drought is over................but, I kinda doubt it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
Some rain is approaching Clarksville

I wonder if Billings is getting anything
Originally Posted by slumlord
Some rain is approaching Clarksville

I wonder if Billings is getting anything

Since it's a lot bigger than Clarksville, the suburbs might, while downtown doesn't.
Posted By: lastround Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
Nothing here for 28 days but heat and humidity! Not a normal September.
Posted By: RickyD Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
Iowa's soaked! We'd share if we could!!
I hope the trees go dormant and the leaves fall off before we get a big snowfall, like we did a few years ago. Our trees really got damaged when that happened.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
We have more rain than we need.

An upside being that I don't have to run the lawn sprinklers, so my monthly water bill should be a bit lower.

A downside is that the Missouri River is flooding again and I-29 closed in places.
Posted By: EZEARL Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19

Yep. Not seen it this bad that can remember. And no relief in sight. The ground is so dry our electric fence isn't putting out enough juice to do it's job. Guess we'll be installing a fence wire return system later today.
Geeze.
You guys just barely show up on the drought monitor.
Posted By: Jerryv Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19

I wish we could send you some. This year has been way above average precip. We may be setting a new record for the year if it keeps up.

Jerry
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
As of now we have gotten 18" so far this year... Avg. is 30" for this date.

We are dry.

Catfish are coughing dust...

Barry, you know it's been dry when you have to teach them catfish how to swim, after it rains. grin
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
Zero % chance of rain on the tube last night and this AM

It's pouring monsoon style. I've always said the hills make the weather back where I live. Happens all the time
Posted By: ol_mike Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Geeze.
You guys just barely show up on the drought monitor.

Someone posted a Drought Monitor Report not long ago and we were in the 'severe' catagory - now we're not although it hasn't rained a drop .
Maybe all the lawn sprinklers changed things .
I really can't speak for the region but for my place - i can .
Looks like May Grass here in Wisconsin.

Never really dried up this summer.
Posted By: Gus Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
we're dependent upon rain bands off trop. storms and hurricanes.

not so this year. drought conditions around middle georgia.

scarce growth of hay for late summer/fall cutting.
We're looking at another record year for moisture in Stillwater County (south central MT ) 19+ inches so far. The normal year is 10-14" here.
The Beartooth Mtns. are white this morning down below 8000 ft.
I think this the third year in a row.
Life is good

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last year we had a record of 70+". This year started of wet, but when the Summer came, it dried up. Hasn't rained in over a month here. There's a cold front moving through right now, but the radar shows the rain drying up as it comes over the mountains.
Posted By: Raeford Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/23/19
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Last year we had a record of 70+". This year started of wet, but when the Summer came, it dried up. Hasn't rained in over a month here. There's a cold front moving through right now, but the radar shows the rain drying up as it comes over the mountains.

Yep, the eastern slope/face isn't going to get any of it.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/30/19
It rained all night and almost all day hard!
Posted By: ro1459 Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/30/19
What's rain? None here since July 17th. It's been in the high to medium 90's every day. The forecast is for rain on Friday of this week with lower temps. We can only hope. 94 today and tomorrow. At least my pool is still open.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/30/19
We don't. Talked to a cousin this evening who had excellent duck hunting in a friend's flooded standing corn. Probably no chance of harvesting any even after freeze up, lot of it waist deep.
Posted By: hanco Re: We Need Some Fuggin Rain - 09/30/19
We got some about a week ago but it’s drying up!
© 24hourcampfire