Home
86¢/$100 of assessed value in the city where our rentals are, plus stormwater utility tax $6/500sq.ft. of impervious area on the property.

74¢/$100 in the county where are residence is.

46¢/$100 in the adjascent county the cabin's in.
I have a home worth >$200K according to the county, sitting on 78 acres, half of which is under water 4 -6 months a year. We pay about $8500 in county/school taxes annually thanks to our senior citizen discount (sarcasm). I've never done the math like you have because I hate to see a grown man cry.
For our California property, the tax rate is not that bad, but because of the inflated home prices the tax bill is ridiculous. A house that would be $250-$300k in other states is going to be $1 million+ here, and with a tax rate of 1% of assessed value plus the usual .25% additional assessments for school bonds and the like, it's a minimum of about $12-15,000 for a typical house of 2500-3000 sq ft. in a non-descript development.
After homestead exemption we pay about 1% of the appraised value. There are no exemptions for age in TN. So a $250,000 house would be around $2,500.
1850 sf, 3 br, 2 bath, 250 sf bonus room above garage w/ 1/2 bath, 3 car attached garage plus 16 x 26 x 12 high attached RV garage on a 1/2 acre - current market value about $225k. $1350 last yearly tax payment. We do have homestead deduction here and our tax rate has been frozen since I turned 65. Paid over $3600/yr on comparable home we moved from 90 miles north of Omaha, NE in 2002.
I have a small home in town, about 1100 sq ft upstairs with full finished basement and one car garage, nice neighborhood, no trash around me.

With my veteran's exemption, $1450 a year, just paid it the other day. Keeps going up every year.
Delta Junction, Alaska. Whats property tax? LOL.

I forget what it is in TX, but its not cheap according to me, but not bad compared to some of the early posts I guess.

Regardless it needs to go AWAY, and transfer to a user tax, ad it to sales tax. Have no exemptions on that. EVERYONE pays. Not ones that have bought it, paid for it, including taxes, with taxed money and now are paying for it over and over again. Rough quick guess says its well more than triple taxation since it happens every year....
About $4800 a year. 1.5% of assessed value. I think my last assessment was $320k. Current value of my home is high $600k so if I sold that is what the new owners taxes would be based on.
Posted By: JDK Re: Property tax rates in your AO - 09/26/19
$24.55 per $1,000 here
1%
1.3% property tax + 0.3% water/sewer + 2.3% school tax = ...ouch.., but it's home
$2 an acre in WV... substantially more in Virginia
Originally Posted by jackmountain
86¢/$100 of assessed value in the city where our rentals are, plus stormwater utility tax $6/500sq.ft. of impervious area on the property.

Did you get your tax bill like I did yesterday?

69.5 cents per $100 in the county where my hunting property/farm is.
55.5 cents per $100 in the county where our residence is.
Approximately 1.2% of assessed value..
4.12% in my small town. 4.37% in a smaller town. 3% on bare ground...
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Did you get your tax bill like I did yesterday?

69.5 cents per $100 in the county where my hunting property/farm is.
55.5 cents per $100 in the county where our residence is.

.80+ per $100 down here in Montgomery County
3000 square foot house on 2 acres, taxes are about 5000.00 per year.
$.43 per 100 dollars of valuation. Selling my place for 260k, taxes are $1000/yr. assessment is not fair market value here, it’s based on square footage and other factors and is well under fair market value. They have to call me and meet me here to do assessments, due to a “locked gate and mean dogs”. They bitched about it, and I told them those things were there to keep thieves out. They said, “Well, it keeps us out, too.” I said, “I know. It works, doesn’t it.” That made them look at me sideways...
Originally Posted by rost495
Delta Junction, Alaska. Whats property tax? LOL.

I forget what it is in TX, but its not cheap according to me, but not bad compared to some of the early posts I guess.

Regardless it needs to go AWAY, and transfer to a user tax, ad it to sales tax. Have no exemptions on that. EVERYONE pays. Not ones that have bought it, paid for it, including taxes, with taxed money and now are paying for it over and over again. Rough quick guess says its well more than triple taxation since it happens every year....

AMEN, needs to go away and get added to the local sales tax.
8.18% combined City/County. I F#*&ng hate Illinois!
Originally Posted by DownWind
8.18% combined City/County. I F#*&ng hate Illinois!

You pay 8% in property taxes???
In the city they are around 1.1%, county about .7%.. We have a income tax also, but no sales tax.
Yep! City sales tax is just over 9%. Did I mention I F^&^ng hate Illinois.
Haven't received our tax bill yet but someone from the Assessors Office came by a few weeks ago to evaluate the property. Figured the assessed value was going to increase so applied to freeze the value. There were some problems processing the application so I got a call from the Assessors Office. She suggested I wait until next year to freeze the value because our assessed value was going to decrease by about 25K this year. Coulda knocked me over with a feather.
My old home in Illinois is valued at $530,000. Property taxes are currently $14,000 on it. Glad I moved out years ago.
Originally Posted by hanco
3000 square foot house on 2 acres, taxes are about 5000.00 per year.

Jesus Christ!
Wow I am blessed. Small 2 story 1650 sq ft house with 12x16 shed. 3/4 acre (live in a small town, pop around 700). Property valued somewhere around 95k. I pay 700 per year.
Was 18mills ...last 10 years ...ZERO ...lol
Around 4K tax on a home valued by them to be worth around 300k.

Property taxes stink, you spend the rest of your life paying tribute to the king for what you paid for.

Get old and sick and can no longer afford to pay it ? The king will confiscate your property
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Around 4K tax on a home valued by them to be worth around 300k.

Property taxes stink, you spend the rest of your life paying tribute to the king for what you paid for.

Get old and sick and can no longer afford to pay it ? The king will confiscate your property
Yep... Pay off the mortgage and think you own it??? HAH!! You're still "renting" from the gov't - year after year after year after - well you get the idea..
Pay $ 2140 total per yr into escrow account.
Home insurance and taxes.
2375 sq ft home
1.10 acre lot in city limits
Valued at 184kish total.

I dont sweat schit like this.
Aint a fugging thing ya can do about it anyways.

You never really own your home, don’t pay your taxes, see what happens!
Posted By: GBOB Re: Property tax rates in your AO - 09/26/19
I give the city 1.02% and the county .92%....
© 24hourcampfire