Home
Just finished enduring 12 days on the road with Cookie and her cameras. Burned up about 180 gallons of diesel and am exhausted. She did manage a few good pics though.
Got into several bear beginning with a black.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Followed by a couple of extended sessions with chocolates. When these guys start eating, they are very serious about things.

I think one is only allowed a max of six images per post, so will add some more subsequently.
Back again.

Just a few pronghorn but nothing of substance.

Several mule deer but again no monsters.

Lots of elk with a few fine bulls.

And moving to the better bulls

The next day the above did manage to steal some cows after about a 6-minute battle. Might have lost the war though as he managed to break off about 4 or 5 points from his left antler. This was pulled in from about 1/2 mile, so is not the best of images.

Also got into some bighorn.

A few whitetail, but again no monsters

and last a few buffalo. Hard to get an eye to show on these guys.

Dawn to dusk for that many days was a bit tiring, but I'm blessed to have a partner with the drive to get out.

Next big adventure for me will be an elk hunt here in NE Oregon in about a month.

Cookie will be out chasing mule deer for a good bit of November, but I'll have to miss the first 8 or 9 days due to my elk outing.

Have a good one, and best of luck out there,
Wow, those are some dandy bulls,
as always great pics.
Thanks. Really enjoyed the pics. Son is fourteen and he enjoyed them too.

amazing..........

UR pics are always amazing.............
Great pics, as always.
Very nice thanks for sharing.

Where did y'all visit if you don't mind me asking,
As always, GREAT pics! Thanks for posting!
Great pics and thanks, 1.

How long did she have to wait for that bear to show at the water hole and how far away was she. Was she in a blind.
Liked that third elk pic that was still hanging velvet.

All great pics.
FatCity67:
If we posted all the details, we'd have to shoot you. Lets, just say Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana.

Jaguartx:
Found the bear foraging and subsequently it disappeared. After about a 1/2 hour wait it showed up at an adjacent water hole. Shots were from above with a 500 mm lens on a crop camera. That essentially elevates one to about an 800 mm equivalent. Probably about 40 yards out from the pickup window. All is Canon gear using either a 100-400mm or a 500mm prime lens. With three cameras and about double that in lenses, one is getting into co-signer territory. She can no longer complain about the $$$ expended to fill the gun safe.
Awesome!
Tell Her thanks and then thank her again....
Cookie done good!

Thanks for posting.
Fantastic photos, thanks Cookie
Great pics, thanks for sharing
Very good work, thank for sharing the pics.
That lady has some skill......thanks Cookie
Beautiful pics as always from Cookie!
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Great photos! Holy cow man, really love the bear photos! What is the berry they're eating?
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Great photos! Holy cow man, really love the bear photos! What is the berry they're eating?
those berries are more than 2 miles in. You don't need to know.

😄
Originally Posted by Rooster7
As always, GREAT pics! Thanks for posting!

^^^This^^^
Copy that. Again great pics.

Originally Posted by 1minute
FatCity67:
If we posted all the details, we'd have to shoot you. Lets, just say Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana.

Jaguartx:
Found the bear foraging and subsequently it disappeared. After about a 1/2 hour wait it showed up at an adjacent water hole. Shots were from above with a 500 mm lens on a crop camera. That essentially elevates one to about an 800 mm equivalent. Probably about 40 yards out from the pickup window. All is Canon gear using either a 100-400mm or a 500mm prime lens. With three cameras and about double that in lenses, one is getting into co-signer territory. She can no longer complain about the $$$ expended to fill the gun safe.
Awesome pics.
Those were awesome pics. I really love the ram with the broomed horn.
Great pictures as always. I really enjoyed the bears.
Thanks for post those!
Great way to start the day. Thanks for posting!
Very nice, thanks for posting
Just how far did you have to drive to get to that zoo? grin Seriously though, “friggen awesome pictures”! I’d say those were worth the “cost of admission (diesel)” ! Thanks for sharing. memtb
Great photos - I love Cookie's eye !
Some amazing images, Can't imagine the effort you and Cookie put in to those. Thanks for putting those up.
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
That lady has some skill......thanks Cookie

Ditto that!

The first bighorn has the clearest annual rings I've ever seen on a ram. Must be something about the environment or the genetics of those sheep because the annual rings on all of those rams are easier to see and count than what I've seen on Canadian rams. Great pics!
Great pictures as always. Your wife has incredible talent.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Fireball2
those berries are more than 2 miles in. You don't need to know.

😄

I think Cookie planted those bushes to bait the bears in. laugh
Every one is a trophy to me.
In my humble opinion, you two need to think about copyrighting those pics, and start selling them. They are much better than most of wildlife photos one sees on the internet for sale.
I really love seeing her photo work.
and start selling them.

Thanks, but that would ruin a perfectly good hobby. At times we end up among some of the professionals. For the most part they are competitive and not nice folks to be around.

Have a good one,
Nice as always, 1. Thanks
Is Cookie a nickname?
Is Cookie a nickname?

Yes.
Thanks for posting. I sure do enjoy her photos and admire her dedication.
Fantastic pictures, I really enjoy seeing them, thanks for posting.
Had some time and went through more of Cookie's pics this afternoon. This is heavily cropped as the pic was snapped from almost 9 tenths of a mile as measured on Google Earth. A slightly better image showing how much antler the big boy lost in his battle. As measured on the x axis, one is looking at about 23% of the original image so not so sharp.

Looks like he lost about 4 of the original eight from the left side.
good stuff as always
© 24hourcampfire