Home
Posted By: wabigoon Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
We need some dry weather in Iowa. If anyone is short on rain, I'd love to share.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19

send it to Utah............
Posted By: Dixie_Dude Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Send it south. Been over a month here in central Alabama.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19

been a hot dry SOB here..........

least it's not hot now.........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We need some dry weather in Iowa. If anyone is short on rain, I'd love to share.

Send it down to the Texas Big Country,

We could sure use it.

John
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Out here, in the normally dry plains of northeast Montana, we had about 6" of rain in September.
(I've been whining about it for a couple weeks now....)

Posted By: ihookem Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
We had 6" here in Wisconsin this month and another 3" in the next 3 days in the forecast.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Originally Posted by tikkanut

send it to Utah............

And the West Slope.....
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
They are calling for three inches overnight. The last cutting of hay is rotten in the windrow. We have some real wet places, I'm not sure how we will get the silage chopped.
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Weatherchick is forecasting 3”-6” of rain in the next 48 hrs. We’ve had about 5” in the last week. If this keeps up it is gonna’ be a bear of a winter.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Send it to NE New Mexico - other than right around Raton Pass, we've been quite dry.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19

We would be pleased to swap.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Just had one of the driest Septembers on record. We had .7 tenths of an inch here at home, while some places got none. We're in a moderate drought, and I've already noticed a lot of trees have had the leaves die and have dropped them. What has compounded it so has been the heat, with a record setting number of 90 plus degree days. It's supposed to change by the end of the week, with a good chance for rain. It will be a welcome relief.

I have about 20 acres of wheat that I want to sow for hay, and have been waiting for some rain and cooler weather before I do. Hopefully, that is on the way.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Send it here too... Raining, AGAIN, today.. And tomorrow... I got 1/2 the lawn mowed yesterday before the next storm hit... Not sure when I'll get the other half done.. By then, I'll have to mow the FIRST half again...
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Just had one of the driest Septembers on record. We had .7 tenths of an inch here at home,

That's 2 tenths more than I got in Sept. An inch and a quarter in Aug, and inch and an eighth in July. Only 10.6 inches, year to date. Tell me about 'dry'.....
Posted By: cowman Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Got knocked out of the fields last night also, chopping in full swing in NW IA. Remainder of this week does not look good.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
I see where Eastern NM and the Panhandle of Texas is getting a good soaking this morning.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Just had one of the driest Septembers on record. We had .7 tenths of an inch here at home,

That's 2 tenths more than I got in Sept. An inch and a quarter in Aug, and inch and an eighth in July. Only 10.6 inches, year to date. Tell me about 'dry'.....

In 2017 we had 3.4" of moisture from January-September. That was DRY.

Same 9 month time frame in 2019 and we are at 17.5".
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Supposed to rain again tonight. I think we had 2to 3 “ in the last 2 days.
It figures when some places are getting dumped on, some other place is short.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I see where Eastern NM and the Panhandle of Texas is getting a good soaking this morning.

Iirc, that's SE NMs first soaking in many years. Unreal.
Posted By: northern_dave Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
we're over 16" for the past 10 days.

my aura is soggy.
How high is Lake of the Woods David?
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
After the wettest Spring we ever had, we get the hottest driest September ever recorded. Clay makes my house a rollercoaster.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Originally Posted by tikkanut

been a hot dry SOB here..........

least it's not hot now.........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ok looking at that picture I have to ask. Compared to what? Cretaceous period or sump'n?
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by huntsman22

In 2017 we had 3.4" of moisture from January-September. That was DRY.

Same 9 month time frame in 2019 and we are at 17.5".

We're actually above average for the year by quite a few inches, with that coming earlier in the year. Our soils just don't hold water that well, and therefore it can go from being too wet, to too dry in a matter of weeks. But, the killer here has been the hot weather and a dry wind.
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Started to rain about noon and now it's 3:30 pm and we have almost 2". The creek in the backyard is the rippin' along pretty good. It's supposed to rain the rest of the day and part of tomorrow - we might actually see the 5"- 6" they are calling for.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19

It just started to rain in Ames again. I've got an umbrella. In the car. frown
Can a bean header be fitted on an arc?
Posted By: Squidge Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Can a bean header be fitted on an arc?

If there is a will there is a way. grin

Have you ever read Farm Show magazine and seen some of the stuff that gets fabbed up.

https://www.farmshow.com/

Dumping rain here in SE neb and is headed your way....
This whole season has been mud...I'm tired of it..
Posted By: fester Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/01/19
Winter started here early

Got rained and snowed on last weekend up in the hills....

No dead deer unfortunately.

Send the weather this way

Actually, the weather is perfect. Keep it.
Posted By: mogwai Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/02/19
Green Bay WI set a new annual precipitation record with 40.11”. There are still 3 months left in the year
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/02/19
Richard, heard yesterday that we had rain on 21 out of the 30 days of September !!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/02/19
Paul, how high are the lakes?
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/02/19
I heard LOW is going to be up 1 foot, by the end of the week.

I bet Route lake was up 18 inches last weekend. Nearly launched straight from the parking area !
Posted By: Redneck Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/02/19
Originally Posted by mogwai
Green Bay WI set a new annual precipitation record with 40.11”. There are still 3 months left in the year
Same here... Wettest year on record, to date.

Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Richard, heard yesterday that we had rain on 21 out of the 30 days of September !!

Ditto... Only September I recall that was worse was Sept. of '66.. Only four days of sun the entire MONTH.. Reason I remember it, is that's the year my parents built their house.. The crew couldn't do a single thing nearly the whole month - only part of the framing was in place.. Roof not on..

Rained all day yesterday - finally finished the lawn an hour ago and it's due to begin raining again in a couple hours.. It's barely 50F here now and eff it - I'm going to fire up the wood stove..
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/02/19
No end in sight. This could be a hard fall to get the crop in.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/02/19
NW (I think, LOL) of Milwaukee WI, it's wet here.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/02/19
I just drove back to LV from Mccall, Id. Plenty of snow and rain enroute . I don't remember seeing the west this green in Sept. in recent years. It is always a pleasure to get snowed on after a desert summer but there were still a lot of crops in the fields in Idaho.

mike r
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/03/19
Inevitable right, rain has turned to snow here this morning !

grin
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/03/19
Good luck dealing with the snow Paul. No dryer in Iowa. When it does let us get out to chop corn, we will have a ton of trouble hauling loads through the low places.
Posted By: whitearrow Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/03/19
send a couple inches to central Mississippi. we haven't even tilled our deer plots up yet due to the birds eating the seed if not rained on. man, its been awhile since we have seen rain here. planning on discing up the deer plots in a couple weeks and planting. maybe by then we will get a little at least.
Big Ed
Posted By: LouisB Re: Rain, and More Rain. - 10/04/19
SEND it our way!
© 24hourcampfire