Home
Posted By: gahuntertom Honda CRV - 10/02/19
In the next few weeks I am going to buy a 2019 Honda CRV. Anyone have anything bad to say about them?
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
Nothing bad at all. If they're big enough for your uses, it will do you fine. Great reliability, gas mileage and a comfortable ride.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
Have had a 14 for 3 years now, been a great vehicle
Posted By: OrangeDiablo Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
if you get the model that has the brake assist (like if you are on the highway and get too close to the vehicle in front of you, it will apply the breaks), If there is mud, dirt, SNOW around the sensor, it can/will mess with the the functionality. Happened on my parent's CRV. Had snow in front where the sensor was and would randomly snow apply the brake on the highway. Only complaint they had. Seeing you're from ATL, the city shuts down if you get a dusting, so probably nothing to worry about in your case.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
they are certainly bigger now than they were.

I had an '03. Fine vehicle, great in the snow. Only complaint was I had to replace brake calipers about every 10K miles and the brake lines rusted
Posted By: killerv Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
Regret selling my '11. Perfect for when I was commuting about 60 miles everyday and having to pick up the little ones after work. I had the awd model and would even take it hunting instead of running up miles on my truck. 25 miles per gallon about what I averaged. Fine vehicles. For a few years there, crv had issues with the ac, requiring about a 1500 dollar repair. Happened to mine, but the wife was being good to me at the time so I traded it on for a Pilot for her. I imagine they've got that ac issue ironed out by now.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
I didn't like the cvt transmission. Not just on the Honda: on any of them. I bought a Rav4 with an automatic 6 speed. Love it.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
As Bulletproof a vehicle that you will find. Boringly reliable
Posted By: redtick63 Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
My son and daughter in law bought one new three years ago.60,000 miles and no problems yet.
Posted By: Ralphie Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
I think they are nice but agree with RickyD. Went with a highlander.
Posted By: louiethedrifter Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
We have one, about 25000 miles on it, no problems, I would buy it again if something happened to it.
Posted By: Amos_Moses Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
You might want to read up on the oil dilution problem with 1.5 engine. Honda might have resolved it by now. I'm considering buying a new one in early 2020. My wife currently has a 2014 that has been a solid vehicle.
Posted By: ClearAirTurbulence Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19

Had a 2006 CRV. Great car in the snow but you're in Atlanta.

Wife traded it for a 2019 HRV but only because the CRV had gotten bigger than she wanted.

Re: the CVT. With the HRV we've now had two vehicles with it. Doesn't bother me at all.
Posted By: ClearAirTurbulence Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19

double post
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
I've been using a 2004 CR-V as a daily driver/medium trip vehicle for 15 years now. Very maneuverable in tight parking lots and plenty of room to carry 95% of whatever I need to carry. If you need to carry longer stuff like a 12' roll of carpet or a few 10-12' boards they do nicely sticking out the open back window. Room for five passengers comfortably or two adults and a kid and all the stuff needed for a long camping weekend. Only complaint at all is a bit more road noise than you'd have in a sedan type vehicle. Gas mileage isn't great but not horrible either, around 21 mpg city and 26ish on the highway (speed limit is 80 east and west of here, on 65 mph stretches most folks drive around 70-75) but I just googled the current year and they've gotten better.

Just turned 116,000 miles on the odometer and it's been 100% reliable, as in it's never left me stranded. Regular oil and filter changes, have done the scheduled maintenance more or less, no major repairs to the engine or cooling system at all but just put new rotors on the brakes yesterday, the old ones were original to the car and had been turned once a few years ago.

Not sure if the features/build quality of a 15 year old vehicle still apply but to answer your question - nope, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about mine.
Posted By: hanco Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
Wifey had one, fine automobile!
Posted By: screaminweasil Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
My wife has an 02...........5 speed manual. We bought with 70,000 miles from the original owner. Had to replace the master cylinder for the clutch around 120,000. It now has 170,000 and we replaced the water pump/timing belt......(just due to the belt being cracked bad). Had a check engine light for the Knock sensor, so that was replaced recently.

I changed the spark plugs around 120,000 and all fluids in the front/rear diffs and manual tranny.

It has NEVER left us stranded............almost with the clutch master cylinder, but lucky we made it home.

Great rigs............I suspect ours will run another 100,000 (hopefully trouble free).........besides a new clutch (that probably only has another 25,000 miles of life on it).

P.S.......we are still on the original brakes......guess it pays to not drive like a bat outta hell. Plus, we live in a population of 10,000 ISH people, so were not exactly "stop and go" all the time.

We see lots of snow and the car just does great in it. Highly recommend a CRV.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
Originally Posted by KFWA
they are certainly bigger now than they were.

I had an '03. Fine vehicle, great in the snow. Only complaint was I had to replace brake calipers about every 10K miles and the brake lines rusted

I had a 97 that I put 500,000 kms on it. Zero problems with the brakes. Had to replace them at 280,000 but I figured they’d done their duty.

This was after having to replace the brakes every 35,000 kms on a Chev Malibu, under the same driving conditions.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
If you get the turbo engine, be sure it has a switch to turn the turbo off; might not want a surge on icy roads.

MM
Posted By: rem141r Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
probably get one in the next year or so. no longer need the honda van and wife likes them. i actually like the ride and style better than my outback. but the outback awd is second to none and i use it like a jeep at times.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
Got the daughter one (2007?) for use in Boise and she loves it No problems.
Posted By: Reba Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
Honda has a very good product line BUT IF it has a CVT don't buy it.

The CVT is used buy several auto mfg and it is made by the same company.

Do your research on the CVT............................................
Posted By: lostleader Re: Honda CRV - 10/02/19
Wife has a 2016 bought used. No problemo at over 50k and previous version was good also. Nor a bad awd vehicle once you get used to all the controls being on the wrong side.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Honda CRV - 10/03/19
Good little cars for what they are. I'd also suggest a look at a Ford Escape. The Honda will likely have a better resale value, however.
Posted By: bluefish Re: Honda CRV - 10/03/19
Mine is a '10 with 160k miles and going strong.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Honda CRV - 10/03/19
Wife has a 2014, 170K, not one thing went wrong! She will get another soon.
Posted By: Bob_H_in_NH Re: Honda CRV - 10/03/19

Wife is on her second CRV, 2016 with 50K now, been across the country 3 times. Never an issue.

comfy ride, good/decent MPG and bullet proof

We have teh CVT, never an issue
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Honda CRV - 10/03/19
I have a 2005... paid $2500. Cheaper than an ATV and treat her rough in the mountains.

Opinion... Honda make some really tough drivetrains and mechanical things (i.e. hard to beat a Honda Generator or ATV)... BUT the sensors and such are disappointing. Mine has a bad ABS sensor that is engaging the VSA (i.e. full time 4WD). Troubleshooting and solving is worth more than the car, so who cares... drive her hard and scrap/parts when toast.

Not a glimpse of mechanical drama at 220k miles, but the dashboard lights do look like a pinball machine.

Heated seats do keep my tooshie warm... +1
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Honda CRV - 10/03/19
My wife bought a 2004 CRV and I got a 2005 Element [same drivetrain].

We have given them to our kids [too cheap to buy a car] and they are still going at 200k+ miles with no work other than tires and brakes.

The wife has a new CRV.

Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Honda CRV - 10/03/19
My wife has a 2008 CRV, we did the brakes and a couple sets of tires. Never, ever a problem with it.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Honda CRV - 10/03/19
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
In the next few weeks I am going to buy a 2019 Honda CRV. Anyone have anything bad to say about them?

Are you a blue haired woman?
© 24hourcampfire