Home
Posted By: WayneShaw A Blower to Clean Gutters - 10/02/19
Anyone use a blower of some kind? I have a shop vac that I can take the bower off and use it as a blower. I was thinking of adapting a short piece of PVC, a sweep and reducer and try it on the gutters.

The leaves are starting to fall, and I hate sitting on the roof reaching over and cleaning by hand. I know if they get rained on hard the blower probably wouldn't move them, but if I kept up with them as they fall......I don't mind walking the roof, just the hanging over the edge!

If it works, I could be convinced to buy a gas drive blower.
I use my power washer with 15* tip.

When I need to do this job (soon), the leaves are a wet heavy mat.
[Linked Image from stihlusa.com]
The blower's all I use to do the gutters any more. I got one of those gooseneck tube kits for it-it works really good.
Yep... I get on the roof to blow it off a few times a year... pro tip ----> you need a few days of DRY weather to get the most out of your efforts...
Posted By: hanco Re: A Blower to Clean Gutters - 10/02/19
That’s what I use!
Posted By: sidepass Re: A Blower to Clean Gutters - 10/03/19
Have used a blower for the last 10 years or so.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
[Linked Image from stihlusa.com]

I have one of those. Works great if the gutters are dry; otherwise you get freckles.
Posted By: savage24 Re: A Blower to Clean Gutters - 10/03/19
Anybody using a battery powered blower? I’m considering a Dewalt 20v if they have the goose neck extension. Seems like the trend is away from gas power to battery power.
Gas blower works better than anything, I think, but be careful the blow-off doesn’t fall on anything you may have trouble cleaning.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: A Blower to Clean Gutters - 10/03/19
I use my echo gas powered handheld and a ladder. Haven’t made the gooseneck yet. I live in an oak forest. That doesn’t play well with gutters.
It’s never just leaves alone.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: A Blower to Clean Gutters - 10/03/19
Buy some Shur Flo screens and a pack of 1/4'' Zip screws that match your raingutter color - you won't need another gutter cleaning for 10 years .
DON"T buy plastic screens !
Posted By: Sig220 Re: A Blower to Clean Gutters - 10/03/19
I use the DeWalt 20Volt blower but work from the roof side. It cleans them right out and once you get some air under a "mat" the whole thing goes!

My big problem this year is acorns....going to have to blow those marbles out as well!!
Just use the vacuum
Blowing makes a hell of a mess, particularly if there is a slurry of dirt and leaves in there
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: A Blower to Clean Gutters - 10/03/19
I have walked down the roof edge and blown them clean before but it makes a bigger mess below. I find it easier to scoop the leaves out with my hand into a bucket and rinse them out.
Posted By: KFWA Re: A Blower to Clean Gutters - 10/03/19
two weeks ago I threw out my goose neck blower kit. I never used it.

For a while I'd get up on the roof with my back pack blower and clean them out, I just put on aluminum gutter guards. I hope I'm done with it for awhile
© 24hourcampfire