Home

Out daytime highs are the 60’s this week so at night it’s 40’ish.....

time to smell the burnt dog hair smell of the furnace lighting after not being on all year

Gotta love season rictuals
98 degrees here yesterday... supposed to cool down this weekend hopefully. We are in a bad drought right now, need rain.
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Out daytime highs are the 60’s this week so at night it’s 40’ish.....

time to smell the burnt dog hair smell of the furnace lighting after not being on all year

Gotta love season rictuals

Furnace has been on a few times already, but yesterday's cold temps with windy conditions (47F at 4 pm) made me fire up the wood stove... Damn, that felt good.. smile
Another 97 for today in Nashville

God's furnace is working just fine for us.
Wife turned on the furnace. Control board was out. Yippee.
I am in SD duck hunting and fishing. Weather is about 20 degrees below average. Has been survivable but not much above that.

With our recent daytime highs in the 40’s/50’s.....we had to “light the fire” a few days ago. Looks like we’ll hit about 25 for the morning low! Starting to look like hunting season! memtb
Same thing here, yesterday too, gotta love the smell of burnt off start up dust.

I'm going to have to break out the long pants and put the short pants and short sleeve shirts away.

I started the wood stove in the basement yesterday. It's not cold enough to kick on the boiler and floor heat yet. Just enough to keep the wimminz from squacking.
I’m waiting to go outside a 5:00 AM and it’s below 70
We are waiting on the repair folks to get parts for two Lennox pulse furnaces.
Reckon I turned the heat on twice last "winter". I don't recall very many days below 50°
92 degrees here yesterday. Raining and the temp falling all morning here today. Started out in a T-shirt, going to long sleeves now, be in a jacket by tonight. And just like that, fall is finally here, in frigging October. Better late than never.
We drove to Knoxville yesterday to hit Costco. Truck thermometer said it was 100 the last 15 miles of I40 as we approached Knoxville. Back home on the Plateau it was “only” 90 and almost felt cool. Weatherman says it ends tomorrow and we are looking forward to fall. The water level in our lake has dropped almost 2 feet in the last month. Glad it is 22 feet deep as the fish have somewhere to escape to.
I don't think we'll be needing our heater. Forecast says 96 for today.
Turned on the heater last week. Getting down into high 30s here.
Got plenty of heat here...99 this afternoon.
Supposedly a cold front coming in Monday. High of only 78. 🤠
Temps plummeted down to 65F last night. Back up to 93 this afternoon. It will be months before I turn off the A/C
Originally Posted by memtb

With our recent daytime highs in the 40’s/50’s.....we had to “light the fire” a few days ago. Looks like we’ll hit about 25 for the morning low! Starting to look like hunting season! memtb

Pretty sad state of affairs when "Sunny Warm California" beats out Wyoming for a cold temperature in October:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Even whacked the plants in the greenhouse pretty good. We'll get a few more days of sun and decent temps this week, so maybe a few maters will ripen:

And, we've had a fire or two so far this heating season. One yesterday morning and the house was still 65 this morning, so no fire until tonight likely:

My thinking, it might be a cold winter.

Geno
Over 90 right now. I’m ready for it to cool down
Gave mine a test run a week ago.

Tank is full, filters changed, gtg.
66 deg in the house this morning...
Have been down in the low 20's and a few snow showers here. Fired up the wood stove about 5 days back.
I have a hard eye and a sharp Stihl on 4 or 5 dead seasoned oaks, they'll all be on the back porch my months end! smile Wife misses the wood burning stove with blowers, she allowed she's had enough summer for one year.
Hate the smell of burnt dust and hair so I shop vac the fire box every year before kicking it on.
After a battle getting parts numbers, we should have parts coming for two Lennox Pulse furnaces.

I'd sure like a wood burner in Iowa.
51 degrees now, 40 degrees by morning. First wood fire in the fireplace tonight.

Looking forward to the first killing frost followed by Indian Summer.
Just went for a run, am soaking wet, 80 here by Lake Conroe
Originally Posted by hanco
Just went for a run, am soaking wet, 80 here by Lake Conroe

82 here right now with 72% humidity, I should have been bowhunting a black bear here at the house for the last three days. mad
Mid 20s to low 30s in the morning. Upper 60s in the afternoon. Perfect weather.
© 24hourcampfire