Home

Just finished this basement project honeydo......

Yanked out the coal/wood stove...installed this NG stove w/fan

I did most of the project...rock hearth & wall...trim...paint etc....

Hired out some electrical..actual install/connection of the stove....new carpet

Wife added her touch to make it more with her decor...... grin

Just got tired of the mess & fuss with keeping the wood stove going...and clean up...

NG is cheap here...$63/monthly for my house & 1500 sq ft garage....we'll see if it goes up

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Looks good. I lucked out when we bought this house. The previous owner installed a pellet burner in the finished basement and that thing puts out some serious heat. If I open the vents down there it easily heats the whole house. Pellets are dirt cheap too.
That looks really nice.
Nice work sir. Winter is coming. It was in the low 20s here this morning.
Beautiful work there.

Geno
Tikka
You did a great job on a cool project.
Always enjoy seeing the talent here at the 'fire!
No more hauling firewood
Looks good!
I like that a lot. Nice job. We've had a wood stove for heat and wood fireplaces in various homes over the years and I agree the cutting, stacking and the mess is a lot of work. In the small house we have now a gas fireplace does the job pretty well. My butt doesn't know the difference when I'm backed up to it in the morning. grin
Where I lived in Wyoming there was no natural gas to be had so we refitted our wood stoves to burn waste cooking oil. When it was really cold though we had to add unleaded gas to keep the cooking oil from jelling so it would still flow.
Fancy!
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Just finished this basement project honeydo......

Yanked out the coal/wood stove...installed this NG stove w/fan

I did most of the project...rock hearth & wall...trim...paint etc....

Hired out some electrical..actual install/connection of the stove....new carpet

Wife added her touch to make it more with her decor...... grin

Just got tired of the mess & fuss with keeping the wood stove going...and clean up...

NG is cheap here...$63/monthly for my house & 1500 sq ft garage....we'll see if it goes up

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

NG! thats how you get the time to go on all those cool UTV rides! grin
Looks good.

Did you consider a pellet stove, before going to natural gas?

I took a full time job off the farm recently so between that and farming, logging and hunting, processing firewood is looking more and more laborious. May consider going with a pellet stove in the house.
Originally Posted by roundoak
Looks good.

I took a full time job off the farm recently so between that and farming, logging and hunting, processing firewood is looking more and more laborious. May consider going with a pellet stove in the house.

When I lived in Washington I bought a Thelin pellet stove....only because it loosely resembles my old round oak...
You would like it...it won't replace a nice round oak tho...
Originally Posted by roundoak
Looks good.

looked briefly at pellet stoves......they were the same price range as NG

I paid $2100 delivered for this one with the fan....cast iron too.....in February

My gas hookup was very close....and again cheap......$63/month ?? House & garage ?

Chain saw for sale............. grin

https://www.woodstoves-fireplaces.com/majestic-oxford-cast-iron-stove/
© 24hourcampfire