Home
Posted By: blairvt ZZ Top - 10/07/19
Saw them last night. Old guys still sound good. Kids today arn't going to have any bands worth seeing 20 years from now
Posted By: Mike_S Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
Shoot, thought you were going to say one of them croaked. Saw them with John Fogarty of Creedance Clearwater Revival this summer, good show. They didn’t play Pearl Necklace though. Kind of disappointed.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
My old man listened to ZZ Top as a kid. Still remember many of their songs to this day.
Posted By: dubePA Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
Just a little three piece boogie band from Texas
Posted By: KFWA Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
a shack outside of La Grange

you know what I'm talking bout
Posted By: Poconojack Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19

Saw ZZ Top at Madison Square Garden in Sept. 1983 on the Eliminator tour. LOTS of bikers in attendance and Bon Jovi opened for them.
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Shoot, thought you were going to say one of them croaked. Saw them with John Fogarty of Creedance Clearwater Revival this summer, good show.They didn’t play Pearl Necklace though. Kind of disappointed.

I wonder why, recon they coward down to the current pc malitia or just ran out of time?
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
Like alot of musicians, they are not down with MAGA

https://www.newsweek.com/zz-tops-bi...lent-finalist-benton-blount-tour-1209421
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
They have enough songs that they probably can't to them all every concert. I guess I like "Just Got Paid" best of all of them.

Loved it when Billy guest-starred on Bones.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
She got legs!
Posted By: Alamosa Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
We drove to Pueblo for a performance a few years ago and ZZ Top told the audience something really nice. They said there was no place in the US they would rather be performing than Pueblo. That was not sincere of course because Pueblo is the armpit of the state. Hearing anything nice about the town is rare. They were true gentlemen. I really respect them for that.
Posted By: blairvt Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
Shoot, thought you were going to say one of them croaked. Saw them with John Fogarty of Creedance Clearwater Revival this summer, good show. They didn’t play Pearl Necklace though. Kind of disappointed.

they played it last night. Had to explain to my lady friend what it meant
Posted By: killerv Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
I thought they were on the boycott list here since they support Beto
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
Originally Posted by blairvt

they played it last night. Had to explain to my lady friend what it meant
Better to give them a demonstration.
Posted By: JRaw Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
Was my first concert, but can’t remember if it was the Eliminator tour or the one after.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

Billy Gibbons could stand a size 13 up his derriere.
Posted By: DMc Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
How how how
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
“She won’t do it but her sister will”
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
Never was a big fan. But used to see them driving old hot rods around Kemah. One of them owned a big home on the bay between Kemah and San Leon. About a half mile from where I kept a boat a Eagle Point. Hasbeen
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: ZZ Top - 10/07/19
Screw Billy Gibbons and the whore he rode in on .
Posted By: Elkhunter49 Re: ZZ Top - 10/08/19
Best 3 man band ever!
Posted By: hanco Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
Best 3 man band ever!

Hard to argue that, a lot of people would say RUSH is better. ZZ had way more hits.
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
I've seen both bands several times each but would place The Jimi Hendrix Experience ahead of each as "best" for three man bands. That is kind of hard for me as I am not much of a Hendrix fan but that is a person/band that is readily recognizable and has had staying power for such a short career.
Posted By: Oakster Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Saw them way back when on the Afterburner tour... it was awesome. Saw them again here in my little town, they are really old, lol and didnt play a single song from Afterburner. Not sure why. What was amazing is that when they did any semblance of their old moves, the crowd would erupt. When they wagged their knees in unison, or dipped guitars etc... pretty cool. There were people in the audience that would push into the crowd with walkers, fold down there seat and sit down with a couple beers and an oxygen tank. I remember the floor of concerts being pretty rowdy, not full of oxygen bottles and walkers with tennis balls on them.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Well if you're down in Acuña

and you ain't up to bein' alone.......

shocked shocked

Just sayin'

they had a whole lot of good songs.

Geno
They are getting old, so are their fans. I saw the Eagles last Saturday night. It was old people there too. Great show! Yes I’m a boomer

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]directions to the nearest suntrust bank
Originally Posted by hanco
They are getting old, so are their fans. I saw the Eagles last Saturday night. It was old people there too. Great show!

OK Boomer!

Geno
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Originally Posted by Valsdad
They are getting old, so are their fans. I saw the Eagles last Saturday night. It was old people there too. Great show!

OK Boomer!

Geno

Saw the Eagles a few years back with my wife, her oldest son, and his wife. There was a commotion in front of the stage to which my stepson commented, "Looks like they are rushing the stage! I hope no one falls and breaks a hip!"
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Originally Posted by Valsdad

OK Boomer!

Geno

Saw the Eagles a few years back with my wife, her oldest son, and his wife. There was a commotion in front of the stage to which my stepson commented, "Looks like they are rushing the stage! I hope no one falls and breaks a hip!"

eek

I hope some old person whacked the whippersnapper tho!

Geno
Posted By: 700LH Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Best 3 man band ever!

Cream
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Originally Posted by 700LH
Best 3 man band ever!

Cream

She wore a pearl necklace...
Posted By: JeffA Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Posted By: SuperCub Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Best 3 man band ever!

Hard to argue that, a lot of people would say RUSH is better. ZZ had way more hits.

That would depend on where you live.
Posted By: 7887mm08 Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
EL-LOCO TOUR San Diego 1982, I was stationed out there in the Navy. They are coming to our area this summer.
Just may go see them.
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Saw them in Columbus Ohio in 1984. The Eliminator tour. Quiet Riot opened.

Ron
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Go see them and be a...

Sharp Dressed Man.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Never was a big fan.

Same. Catchy songs but kind of boring. Decent background music at a party or the beach, but never made it more than halfway through a song driving down the road before cutting the radio off or switching channels.
Posted By: moosemike Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
I prefer Slip inside my sleeping bag.
Cream is probably better than ZZ. I didn’t think of them.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Originally Posted by killerv
I thought they were on the boycott list here since they support Beto

Didn't know that. Off my playlist.
Posted By: elkcountry Re: ZZ Top - 03/14/20
Best 3 man band ever!

My vote is for RUSH!

Elk Country
© 24hourcampfire