Home

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Kansas middle school student is facing felony charges after she allegedly made a gun shape with her hand and pointed her finger at four students before pointing her finger at herself.

Police hauled her out of school in handcuffs, arrested her and charged the child with a felony for threatening.

Shawnee Mission school officials said they could not discuss the case, citing privacy laws, but did say it wasn’t the district that arrested the child.
According to the Kansas City Star, the incident unfolded in a classroom at Westridge Middle School.

The person said that during a class discussion, another student asked the girl, if she could kill five people in the class, who would they be? In response, the girl allegedly pointed her finger pistol — like the ones many children use playing cops and robbers.

Because of that gesture, The Star was told, the girl was sent to Principal Jeremy McDonnell’s office, and the other students involved were also talked to. The school resource officer recommended that she be arrested, the source said. She was detained by police and later released to her mother.

It’s idiotic to pursue felony charges against this child. Are police going to charge the student who asked the 12-year old the question with inciting violence?
This story goes from bad to worse, according to Star columnist Toriano Porter, who points out the fact that two kids in the same school district who recently brought real guns to school aren’t facing felony charges for their actions.

Officials, who wouldn’t disclose how the two students were disciplined, said there was no evidence to suggest the teenagers planned to use the guns at school. Both were charged in juvenile court with possession of a firearm.

According to the local district attorney, the reason why for the disparate charges in the two cases is simply a matter of law.
Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe said bringing a gun to school is a serious matter, but in general, a felony charge can only be levied if a kid commits the same crime a second time.

Charging the 12-year-old girl with a felony “is something we don’t agree with,” Howe said. “But that is something the Legislature should look into.”
It’s good to know the DA doesn’t think a felony charge is appropriate here. Hopefully that means his office won’t be pursuing a case against the 12-year old for her finger gun. As Porter points out his his column, however, it never should have escalated to the point of getting the police involved in the first place.
Surely school officials and police could have taken steps to address her behavior, consider why she acted out and assess her mental health. The fact that a person familiar with the incident said that another student had asked the girl who she would choose if she could kill five people in the class raises even more questions.
Pointing a finger gun at classmates and then yourself is a cry for help — not a criminal act of violence.

I’m not even going to go so far as to say that this 12-year old was exhibiting a “cry for help.” She could have just been a 12-year old who wasn’t thinking that responding to a dumb question by a classmate was going to end up with her in handcuffs. What’s next? Arresting kids playing “Kiss, Marry, Kill” at lunch for making threats?
The 12-year old girl is now living in California with her grandfather, and will hopefully be able to put this incident behind her, but if the laws in Kansas need to be changed to prevent idiotic situations like this from taking place in the future, I hope legislators in the state will see to it that there are no more felony charges for finger guns in the future

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2019/10/10/12-year-old-girl-facing-felony-charges-finger-gun
The lunacy knows no bounds.
Think of the massive convictions coming when we see those tomahawk gestures at the next football game.

We used to run around at recess with real cap pistols, even pointing them at classmates, and not a single individual was traumatized. Later we had real guns in our rigs in the high school parking lots.

Surely school officials and police could have taken steps to address her behavior, consider why she acted out and assess her mental health. The fact that a person familiar with the incident said that another student had asked the girl who she would choose if she could kill five people in the class raises even more questions.

Why not just ask her to please not do that again? Much ado about nothing. Wonder what would have happened if the middle finger had come out?
Idiocy.
What will they do when a kid flips their middle finger? Charge them with sexual assault?
That is so stupid!!
Why is it that in this present darkness most "officials" are unfit for the job they hold? Even worse, it's not going to get any better, without a war.
I've heard it said that the difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
The lunacy knows no bounds.
For sure...........
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
What will they do when a kid flips their middle finger? Charge them with sexual assault?

Then I’d probably get arrested all the time. 😬
I think the schools officials should be allowed to keep their jobs; after a public flogging with an ugly stick fishing pole, in front of the children.

They also have to quizzed and found to pass a course on the second amendment.

They should be made to give a weekly dissertation on firearms safety.

Only because they have been getting mixed messages.

This snowflake teachers would have a major coronary if they ever attended a TX Tech University Football Game!

Guns up Red Raiders!
I honestly don't know if our snowflake president is encouraging the lefts anti gun behavior or not; but its got to be enabling some them.
Idiot morons.
and "snowflakes" daughter isn't helping either

https://www.independentsentinel.com/liberal-ivanka-takes-a-lead-on-gun-control-dems-wants-buybacks/
Just plain Cuco.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Just plain Cuco.

Seen a lot of this type of thing under Obama; no different under trump.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Just plain Cuco.

Just plain Cuco.

You skip your TDS meds today ?
You skip your TDS meds today ?

Is TDS your constant excuse for ignoring facts? Your snowflake took a buttload of NRA money then threw the gun lobby under the bus.

I'd be embarrassed also grin
Your just more proof TDS is a REAL Disease.
Wonder if the Chi-Comm babies are allowed to play pretend shootem’up?

This country is circling the drain.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

So is fluffing grin
Does trump need the gun lobby? What do you think, as hard core trump loyalist.

Not sure if your part of the gun lobby, but if you are, does trump need you?

You can choose not to answer the question. Cover your ears and go la la la la la
The school resource officer recommended that she be arrested, the source said.

Idiot probably carries a banana in his holster.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

So is fluffing grin

[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]
Wow, you do have much to say grin

Do you purse your lips when speaking? grin
Blaming Kansas law for poor judgement is further proof of poor judgement. Everyone involved in the arrest and charging needs to be fired. The officer has no business with a badge and a weapon and the prosecutor is a deceitful moron completely lacking in professional judgement.
Pedobear is off his meds again...
I don't want to point any fingers here . . . but I think some of you are overreacting.
Originally Posted by P_Weed
I don't want to point any fingers here . . . but I think some of you are overreacting.

I plead guilty. I dont know about the rest of you, but when a little school girl gets arrested and charged with a felony for pointing a finger at someone in answer to an idiotic question, then yes, I will have a very strong reaction. mad
I plead guilty. I dont know about the rest of you, but when a little school girl gets arrested and charged with a felony for pointing a finger at someone in answer to an idiotic question, then yes, I will have a very strong reaction.

Ya think? grin
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
...... Everyone involved in the arrest and charging needs to be fired. The officer has no business with a badge and a weapon and the prosecutor is a deceitful moron completely lacking in professional judgement.

To Say The Least.

S M H !!!!!!!
That Shawnee Mission school district leadership needs a huge dose of common sense castor oil from a big spoon - and needs to clean up its act quickly. That is absurd - the very opposite of good leadership
© 24hourcampfire