Home
Posted By: Bristoe Burn ban got lifted,.. - 10/11/19
,....so I lit up the chopped up cane patch.

Know what?

A foot thick mat of mulched up cane *burns*. I spent half the day burning it and half the day trying to get it put out. Smoked up the whole area. People were slowing down on the road to see what kind of house was burning down. Worked my ass off.

The saga of the cane patch is a chapter in my life now.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Burn ban got lifted,.. - 10/11/19
Did you burn it all?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Burn ban got lifted,.. - 10/11/19
Don't get it to hot you'll melt your waterline. grin

I had 7 or 8 dumptruck loads of wood here on the place from jobs I did and I got to light it up yesterday. Spent most of the day with the excavator feeding and stirring fire. Still smoldering.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Burn ban got lifted,.. - 10/11/19
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Did you burn it all?

No.
I'm not going to light it up again until the neighbor harvests his beanfield.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Burn ban got lifted,.. - 10/11/19
We didn't have a ban on campfires on public land this summer. It's the 1st time in several years. This summer was wetter and cooler than normal.
Posted By: kolofardos Re: Burn ban got lifted,.. - 10/11/19
Pics would have been cool!
I can't do pics on this computer. It was an epic smoke cloud, however. My friend a half mile up the road saw it. I wasn't planning on lighting the whole thing up. But fire will do what fire will do. It never got to the point of a real emergency or anything. But it got me damn nervous. It's too far away from any outdoor faucets to run a hose,..so I spent a good deal of time hauling water out to it in a 15 gallon tub and being a one man bucket brigade.

Some places it burned through to the ground,..other places it just burned a couple of inches off the top.

Not a fun day.
© 24hourcampfire