Home
That was a great movie!!!
Interesting to watch
They had plenty of Power Wagons!
dodge fiat moving into the inner cities of los angeles, chicago, new york, atlanta.

that too promises to be a great movie, made for the ages.

have always enjoyed the stories about king solomon.
Bwana want Power Wagon in that shape.
Deborah Kerr was H O T! laugh
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Deborah Kerr was H O T! laugh

yep
The Allan Quatermain stories are all well worth reading, much better than any of the celluoid renditions. E-book versions are cheap and plentiful.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The Allan Quatermain stories are all well worth reading, much better than any of the celluoid renditions. E-book versions are cheap and plentiful.

Sounds good! Who was the author???
Very good movie! I've been waiting for the Shogun series to pop up on one of these apps on the TV. No luck yet...
Thanks for posting,one of my favorite books as a child.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

H. Rider Haggard
Originally Posted by MikeL2

H. Rider Haggard

Thanks!

[Linked Image from legacyclassictrucks.com]
Originally Posted by tikkanut

talk about King solomon's mines, that would about pay for that beauty.

I'll take it!

Where do I sign?

cool cool

Bring on Africa!
Originally Posted by MikeL2

H. Rider Haggard

Thanks. Just saw that.

I have an omnibus collection. Currently there are a "complete" collection and one of 60 works in the Kindle section, plus singles.

I wanted at least one hard copy, and found a nice 1923 edition of "Ayesha", perhaps his second most well-known creation. Gotta get back into these after I finish my latest Nero Wolfe.

Allan Quatermain is based somewhat on F.C. Selous. Besides the big novels, there are a number of short stories where he figures, as well as one where he runs into "She Who Must Be Obeyed", one scary chick, btw. "Allan Quatermain" is a huge, fantastic story that should've been made into a blockbuster flick decades ago.

Can't recommend these enough.

Edit: audio book fans can find full versions through the Librivox app, free.
The video was way cool. Few thoughts came to mind.
I bet MGM could have found some WW II GI's to run those trucks overland. I imagine there were enough with experience around to find and would be good at that.
Next, could you imagine making an informercial now talking about "Natives in their savage beauty"? The PC crowd would have a cow over that today, but times were different.
That tented camp under the acacia trees makes me long for Africa. If I had a time machine, one trip would be to East Africa right before/after WW II. Holland and Holland .470 NE in one hand and Deborah Kerr in the other.. smile
Did you get the pic i sent Carlos?
Are those Fiat made Dodges in the movie clip? grin
Great video

"At the end of the 7 months the repair bill for the 7 dodges was a mere $238 American". Having just done periodic maintenance and a couple other repairs this week (like an exhaust) on our 4Runner @ 180K miles and the BMW @ 140K miles I think that sounds like a decent bargain. grin

There seems to me to be a market for new vehicle that look old but maybe that market went out with the PT Cruiser, the Ford Thunderbird and the Prowler but I sure like what https://www.icon4x4.com/fj is doing with Land Cruisers and Broncos but oh the price.
Originally Posted by gunner500
Did you get the pic i sent Carlos?

Yes I did, I figured that was you!
That 4 door power wagon is not the factory models I remember from my youth.

They were worse than the ` lumber wagon ` of the frontier.
© 24hourcampfire