https://www.greatfallstribune.com/s...up-montana-school-playground/3985833002/

No injuries. Thank God!

All Helena schools on lock down.

WTF is wrong with people??
Here is another link that doesn't require you to turn off ad blocker:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e-ef65-11e9-bb7e-d2026ee0c199_story.html
Some kids with a pipe bomb?
Get the news off biden.

Trumps fault. Chinese are pissed. So is la Roy.
Originally Posted by Steve
Some kids with a pipe bomb?

Or firecrackers
This could be 4 firecrackers taped together in today’s media reporting climate. However, all perceived threats against our kids will be examined closely, and rightly so.
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
This could be 4 firecrackers taped together in today’s media reporting climate. However, all perceived threats against our kids will be examined closely, and rightly so.

I'm betting fireworks, or a mentos in a coke bottle.
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
This could be 4 firecrackers taped together in today’s media reporting climate.

This is very true. Unfortunately...
Or dry ice in a 2 quart bottle with some water.
False Flag. A diversion for or from something else.

Originally Posted by BeanMan
Or dry ice in a 2 quart bottle with some water.

Or the contents of an MRE heater in a quart pop bottle with a little water and tossed.
Look up Bath, Michigan School Massacre 1927.
We got a notice from the school about this, without details.
Somebody was prepared for a test!
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Never heard of that! Damn! Musta been the video games and social media!
A real IED would not be a coke bottle wrapped on duct tape that could still be recognized after it went off. I am going with firecrackers, menthos, soda and vinegar, carbide. Even we big kids cant afford a pop bottle of black or if we could there would be no intact bottle
M80s are long unavailable
If that's all it takes to shut down the schools, expect more of the same.
Maybe spread a few shotgun hulls around.
From Mexico.
I'll be danged.

Hope it wasn't too evil a plot. Maybe just kids messing with chemistry.
Any pertinent news appreciated. Kid is 35 miles away and safe....
Yeah a legit ied would consist of 2-3, 155 rounds daisy chained detonated with an old school 24 Hourcampfire geezer phone.
I have seen a few impressive craters left from nothing more than sparklers wrapped in duct tape or black electrical tape. Even a single box of sparklers, wrapped in tape, with one sparkler extended as a fuse, goes off like an M-80.

Several boxes becomes something which I do not want to be anywhere close to. Scary schitt, with wire shapnel.

Maybe they will ban sparklers, and duct tape, and dry ice, and two liter pop bottles, and ammonium nitrate, and sudafed, and red matches, and ball bats, and knives, and cars, and booze, and........well I am sure I left something out.
Friend of mine has shrapnel from holding a rifle cartridge (30-30?) with a pair of pliers while his older brother smacked it with a hammer.
Ah, that's what I was trying to remember, sparklers wrapped with duct tape. Some of the little miscreants can get quite creative with leftover fireworks.
Used to pull 22lr bullets then light the powder and send the brass zinging away! Doesn't seem such a bright idea now.
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Ah, that's what I was trying to remember, sparklers wrapped with duct tape. Some of the little miscreants can get quite creative with leftover fireworks.

I didn't know this! Not that I would try it....
I give thanks everyday that I still have my eyesight and all my digits after all the stupid [bleep] I did as a kid with fireworks, bb guns, and propellants.
Hope this turns out well and is just something benign.
Any news? I'm in Sidney, there's nothing happening here.
Originally Posted by Dess
Friend of mine has shrapnel from holding a rifle cartridge (30-30?) with a pair of pliers while his older brother smacked it with a hammer.

Lol...me too, but it was a 20ga shell. It's the primer that get's you.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Any news? I'm in Sidney, there's nothing happening here.

You're safe in Australia.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I just did it with a 12 gauge primer - at least I was smart enough to take everything else out of it first. Used a center punch. Ears rang for a few hours. Lesson learned, and I still have all my digits.
Breaking news: no explosives at all. Just a bottle filled with nuts and bolts and covered in tape left by a homeless man.
Originally Posted by MikeReilly
Breaking news: no explosives at all. Just a bottle filled with nuts and bolts and covered in tape left by a homeless man.

so I gather the "detonation" reported was fake news
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I just did it with a 12 gauge primer - at least I was smart enough to take everything else out of it first. Used a center punch. Ears rang for a few hours. Lesson learned, and I still have all my digits.

Life is more challenging if you are missing one or two. You wouldn't believe what a hot guitar riff does to a crowd when it stutters.

Digitless Dan
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I'll be danged.

Hope it wasn't too evil a plot. Maybe just kids messing with chemistry.

I'll be danged too. When we were kids, we were "manufacturing and detonating IEDs" and we never even knew it.
I made black powder from salt peter, sulphur and charcoal. It went boom. Nice to have a childhood.
My two grandsons attend school there so this incident has the family a bit out of sorts when they report ATF, FBI and bomb squad detonated an "IED". Curious to hear more details on what actually happened...

I would imagine there is a few embarrassed adults somewhere.......
Come on guys, the news that it was nothing but a bottle filled with nuts and bolts was posted here 6 hours ago. They knew the identity of the person who left it and decided it as not malicious. Why post stuff based on just a thread title. Read the links!!!
Fugging homeless people are supposed to be headed south by now!
Oh, maybe that's why he left it....
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I would imagine there is a few embarrassed adults somewhere.......

Now if some squared away parent woulda pelted that bum with a good drive by pattern of pennies this morning prior to dropping little johnny off for school.
That bum woulda stayed away from the school.

An ounce/handful of prevention.........
Sensationalism at its finest - including the title of this thread. Why say "homemade bomb discovered" when you can scream "IED EXPLODES!"

Especially when it turns out to be no kind of bomb whatsoever.
There is nothing that the media like better than a good dose of sensationalism.
So, the only explosion was the one perpetrated by .gov agents????
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
So, the only explosion was the one perpetrated by .gov agents????

It would appear so. The headline should have read “Homeless man’s piss bottle mistaken for IED and destroyed with explosives in an abundance of caution.”
Armageddon,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A home-brewed "rocket" using a Crosman CO2 cartridge and black powder made from chemicals boosted from a middle school science lab DOES NOT get much altitude. However, the rotten tree stump we were using as a launch pad was never the same after that!
Y’all are all red flagged now. 😜

Surprised they didn’t show a photo of the Hiroshima blast. 😜
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Surprised they didn’t show a photo of the Hiroshima blast. 😜

Replay the Kentucky range night video!
I have two kids that go to another school near the one where this incident occurred. I was really impressed with the communication from the school and the sheriff’s department. Between emails and updates on Facebook they did a great job keeping parents informed. Thank god it turned out to be nothing.
Originally Posted by elkchsr
I have two kids that go to another school near the one where this incident occurred. I was really impressed with the communication from the school and the sheriff’s department. Between emails and updates on Facebook they did a great job keeping parents informed. Thank god it turned out to be nothing.

Good.

That was real bad...and could have been a lot worse
Don't be silly. This is all fine so long as you're not storing popcorn. You need a federal license and an approved magazine like for black powder.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
When I get home, I'm going to empty my nut, bolt, screw and nail jars, just in case!

Originally Posted by ConradCA
From Mexico.

We both know thats not happening.

The press is such a mess, no investigation skills. they just let out unverified any and late apologize.
Originally Posted by pheasant665

From Mexico.

The press is such a mess, no investigation skills. they just let out unverified any and late apologize.

Remember that Korean airplane that bounced down in LA and the television station was so eager to scoop the story that they didn't verify the report that someone called in with the fake names of the crew?

From Mexico.

Remember that Korean airplane that bounced down in LA and the television station was so eager to scoop the story that they didn't verify the report that someone called in with the fake names of the crew?

who could forget

Or the Campfire for that matter

From Mexico.

this ought to be seen by every conservative in the country...

I've never seen that before, but it is the ultimate example of how quick the liberal media is to get something out of the air, without ever checking it out....

gotta admit, I have not laughed so hard in years...

Thanks for posting that...

It is a sad commentary on our country that there are people who refuse to recognize humor when they see/hear it.
© 24hourcampfire