Home
Posted By: stxhunter little rattler. - 10/16/19
https://www.facebook.com/miguelange...MzMyNDQwNjE4OTpWSzo1MDgxNTU4MTMwNjgzOTU/
Posted By: Showdog75 Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Damn
Posted By: 12344mag Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
That's the boss!!

I can't believe they didn't have that thing on the grill.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Just a lil ol buzzworm...
shocked
Posted By: hanco Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Must be 7 feet long.
Posted By: ingwe Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Thats a big ass Cascabel!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Photoshop. Everyone knows they dont get over 6 ft long. wink
Posted By: jaguartx Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Originally Posted by hanco
Must be 7 feet long.

Or 9.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Every thing is bigger in Texas. Hasbeen
Posted By: stxhunter Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
guy who posted the video said 3 meters, was down in sonora mx.
Posted By: RickyD Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Originally Posted by stxhunter

That's closer to 10'. Did they let it live?
Posted By: CCCC Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
3 meters seems about right for that long one. Actually, would rather encounter one that size out in the field - easier to see and it would probably be more savvy and controlled than the immature little ones a guy might encounter when going barefoot on the patio. Killed a 6 incher in the garage a couple of weeks ago - my wife had thought it was a short piece of cord - the little bugger was strike crazy when I got close. I've been told that immature rattler bites are more troublesome because they do not control the amount of venom released.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Glad I live iin the north.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Originally Posted by RickyD

That's closer to 10'. Did they let it live?

yes
Posted By: kennyd Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Rock wasnt big enough and they missed. Must be crossed with anaconda or elephant
Those rattles would make a souvenir
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Glad I live iin the north.

Noooooo kidding!
Posted By: Ringman Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
There have been some about that size in South West Oregon and Northern California near Gasket.. They would stretch clear across a two track with a foot or so stretching out both sides.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Big.

Thought that dude running out of that rolling tractor was something.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

F Street Station in Anchorage serves halibut in "Texas-sized" portions and regular. Texas-sized is half our regular...
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Hell of a hatband!
Posted By: bowmanh Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
The snake looks very long in the video, but it's hard to judge how long it really is, because it's in the foreground with the small bus behind. That makes it look a lot longer than it probably is. It appears to be a Western Diamondback. The largest recorded Western Diamondback is about 7 feet and I doubt this snake is longer than that. Regardless, it's still a big one.
Posted By: wageslave Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
wow.
monster.
Posted By: DMc Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Think I'll upgrade from my 410
Posted By: Ringman Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Originally Posted by bowmanh
The snake looks very long in the video, but it's hard to judge how long it really is, because it's in the foreground with the small bus behind. That makes it look a lot longer than it probably is. It appears to be a Western Diamondback. The largest recorded Western Diamondback is about 7 feet and I doubt this snake is longer than that. Regardless, it's still a big one.

You didn't notice it crawed over something on the bus?
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Thanks for the video.
Yeah, that's a big snake.
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Originally Posted by DMc

.to something crew-served!!!!!
Posted By: Texczech Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19

Was that gunshots at the end.of the video?
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Originally Posted by DMc

Yep. I was thinking 12ga with duck loads or turkey loads...

Could make a belt, a hat band, and at least one pair of boots, all outta one snake...
Posted By: UPhiker Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Originally Posted by Ringman

No, it crawled over a rock in front of the bus. How far in front of the bus is hard to tell.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Biggest one I have ever seen.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

F Street Station in Anchorage serves halibut in "Texas-sized" portions and regular. Texas-sized is half our regular...

Watch out. When global warming gets through with Alaska it will be the size of Rhode Island. Hasbeen
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: little rattler. - 10/16/19
Blast off and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Huge!
Posted By: navlav8r Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Double aught buck should be about right for that sucker...
Posted By: viking Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
I can’t believe someone hasn’t said it’s photoshopped 😂, angle, mini cars...

But anyway that bastid would make a belt for Rosie.
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
really pretty one... glad they had enough sense to let it live. Some of you yo yo's that go around killing every snake you see get on my last nerve. Your yard/barn/patio of course kill them. Some of you would run off the damn road trying to kill a snake.
Posted By: ingwe Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19

Ain't no 3 meters, but its a REAL easy 6 feet...

text on the page says cascabel...
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Heda been a goodun next year!
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
really pretty one... glad they had enough sense to let it live. Some of you yo yo's that go around killing every snake you see get on my last nerve. Your yard/barn/patio of course kill them. Some of you would run off the damn road trying to kill a snake.

actually i have done that, ran off the road to run over a buzztail.
i have also backed up and went forward several times to make sure they looked like a pancake.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

actually i have done that, ran off the road to run over a buzztail.
i have also backed up and went forward several times to make sure they looked like a pancake.

Me too! Rattlesnakes don’t get a pass on our Ranch.
I’ve ran over them with Tractors, Plows, Bushhogs, Combines, Hay Bailers, Grain Trucks, Bulldozers, you name it ! 🤠
Originally Posted by DMc

LOL. 12 ga is more better David!!! 🤠
Posted By: CCCC Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by ingwe

If that video/text was produced down in the Mexican Sonora, the term "cascabel" probably would have been applied to almost any rattlesnake - seems to be their generic term for rattlers, regardless of species. I can't see the video very well, but that back end sure seems to say "coon tail" - term down this way for a western diamondback.

There is a small community about 20 miles north of here - further down the San Pedro - named Cascabel. In older days, a very large ranch operation with that name was centered near there and, after a couple of visits to the area, I understand the reason for the name. Lots of rattlesnakes - rock outcroppings and great den places abound.
Posted By: 44mc Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
that one is big enuff to fry
Originally Posted by CCCC

If that video/text was produced down in the Mexican Sonora, the term "cascabel" probably would have been applied to almost any rattlesnake - seems to be their generic term for rattlers, regardless of species. I can't see the video very well, but that back end sure seems to say "coon tail" - term down this way for a western diamondback.

There is a small community about 20 miles north of here - further down the San Pedro - named Cascabel. In older days, a very large ranch operation with that name was centered near there and, after a couple of visits to the area, I understand the reason for the name. Lots of rattlesnakes - rock outcroppings and great den places abound.

Good point...would be nice to have a close look at the beast to see...didnt seem like the cameraman wanted to do that! And Sonora might be a tad far north for a Cascabel..Im not sure...

But I DO know what a 7'3" Eastern Diamondback looks like!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: 1911a1 Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19

Good point...would be nice to have a close look at the beast to see...didnt seem like the cameraman wanted to do that! And Sonora might be a tad far north for a Cascabel..Im not sure...

i could not imagine running into that in the woods.
Originally Posted by 1911a1

Imagine then, if you will, killing it with a knife...cause thats how that one died.
Posted By: Texczech Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Who's that kid in the photo?
Posted By: MadMooner Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
That video looks weird? Maybe just me...

If it’s real, helll of a reptile.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Imagine then, if you will, killing it with a knife...cause thats how that one died.

It's no wonder you're the Great Ingwe, Kahuna of Kahunas!
Posted By: Sycamore Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19

Nombre común Cascabel de Diamantes
Nombre Cientifico Crotalus atrox
Estas serpientes en vida silvestre no llegan a medir más de 2 mts y en cautiverio llegan a alcanzar a lo mucho 2.5 mts. Se ve grande por la perspectiva del video y los elementos que están al fondo. Lo bueno es que estaba en el parque para que no le hicieran nada
Originally Posted by Texczech
Who's that kid in the photo?

Your gonna have to smoke a turd now. 😜
Posted By: Texczech Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
😉
Posted By: fredIII Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Big.

Thought that dude running out of that rolling tractor was something.

Dumb shît was lucky he survived
Posted By: jaguartx Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19

Or big buck or big deer.
Posted By: DMc Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by DMc

Shiver.... Betcha there's some big-uns over there in your part of the State Neal.
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by DMc

Shiver.... Betcha there's some big-uns over there in your part of the State Neal.

Yep. I’ve killed several six footers at the Ranch.
Hate them bastards.

I'm thinking color infused. Wasn't film black & white back then???
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by DMc

Yep. I’ve killed several six footers at the Ranch.
Hate them bastards.

Biggest I ever saw was just out of Rio Grande City. It was penned up in a rabbit hutch. I was bending over looking at it when the proprietor told me I outta step back a ways. Said if the nasty bitch struck the wire it might shoot venom into my eyes, blinding me.
Posted By: rost495 Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Thats funny.

I've seen 2 that should hit 7 feet basically. One shot the head and part of the neck off with a shotgun, never found the head part back, but had to be close to 6 inches missing, measured 6 foot 7 inches what was left.

The other I did not get. But being we'd killed 3 over 6 feet already, this one was quite a bit bigger and substantially longer.

They eat very well. Tan well too.

I don't like small ones either. Harder to see/hear and usually more aggressive to a point. Had to move quicker a few times on 2-3 footers than I've ever had to on 5-6 footers

I feel the same about varmints... I kill enough of them, but also enjoy the fox, notes and cats out hunting making a living. Amazingly enough I've watched a lot and have only seen a fawn chased once, by a gray fox. But all varmints, including legless kinds need to be kept in check
Posted By: mark shubert Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Judging by, and comparing to the tire - that's a BIG one.
I've been called a liar for stating that I have personally seen killed (not by me) western diamondbacks of 9 and 10 feet.
16 and 17 inches around - just behind the head.

Call me a liar again, boys! smile
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Strange looking video.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Judging by, and comparing to the tire - that's a BIG one.
I've been called a liar for stating that I have personally seen killed (not by me) western diamondbacks of 9 and 10 feet.

Call me a liar again, boys! smile

I saw a pic once of one 10 ft long. Mexican was standing on back of a flat bed truck with his arm holding its head as high as he could reach. The tail was still on the ground.

My cousin killed one when we were deer hunting in East Texas once with his double barrel while making a driive with his deer hound, Suzie. He was walking down a 5 foot deep dry branch looking for tracks to put her on when she was started acting up. He looked up and it was coiled and looking him in the face from about 5 ft. He would have walked right by it. It had 22 rattles and a button and he said it was a good bit longer than he was tall. He was well tanned being about half Indian but was pretty pale and shaken when he walked up to me on stand and called it a day.

Biggest ive seen myself was near 9 ft. Barry saw a big one once he reported on here iirc over 8 ft. Wish he would chime in.

I read a report of a resercher as a teen of one killed in Mexico of 11 ft.

Mark, where were those monsters you saw.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
one day i was driving up highway 93 north of wickenburg, saw a buzztail in the south lane. I slammed on the brakes with the intent of backing up and running over the sucker, he made it to the knee high grass off the road. so i jumped out of the truck, wearing shorts, with a handgun to put him in snake heaven. I couldn't see him for the grass, and i got to thinking he could see me with that thermal vision. so this ol fat man started crowhopping back to the road. he won. my wife was in tears. good thing tho, about a quarter mile down the road was a highway patrol officer, probably wouldn't have appreciated me opening up from the road.

near that area, the son of a rancher i knew at spent too much time at the sultana bar in wickenburg one night, was on the way to the ranch and they saw a buzztail in the road. they stopped with the idea of stomping it to death. which they started to do. being drunk, they forgot they had taken off their heavy construction boots, and had on tennies. snake bit through the shoe, about a week in the hospital. Lucky he didn't lose his leg.

smile

I'll bet!

But FWIW the one I posted a pic of, though he was an Eastern Diamondback, was 19 inches around, and had three rabbits in him, though you couldn't tell till I skinned him.

I just can't figure out how I hunted these things for 35 years in half a dozen states and I'm the ONLY human on the planet who has never seen a 9 footer!

Course, I find since I started hunting in Texas that I'm the ONLY hunter there who has never killed a #450 hog...
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
It has taken me two days to work up the nerve to open this thread...the fact that the crew in the video didn't kill that bastard is reason enough ban all Mexicans from immigrating to the US. No civilized people would allow that monster to live.

The biggest buzzworm I've ever seen was in the Panhandle by Ogallala. Sucker was crawling across the road at a rest stop. He was about 4' and as thick as my wrist. I pointed him out to my dear, little wife and...Gawd!, you should have heard the screaming and weeping! The most embarrassing part was when she told me to shut up and get down off the roof of the truck, and that I was causing a scene....
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19

I found a picture of ingwe doing him in on the internet.

Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
I’ve killed a lot of these rascals. Several around and a little over 6 feet long. The biggest I’ve ever saw was in George West , Texas. We had a lease a little ways from the Nueces River. We were driving down a Jeep trail on a cross fence.
When we saw it , my first thought was there was a tree a cross the trail. It was a cross the road and the cleared area on both sides of the trail. The diameter really impressed me. Never gave me a chance to shoot it. Crawled under the fence and into some brush. Hasbeen

smile

I'll bet!

But FWIW the one I posted a pic of, though he was an Eastern Diamondback, was 19 inches around, and had three rabbits in him, though you couldn't tell till I skinned him.

I just can't figure out how I hunted these things for 35 years in half a dozen states and I'm the ONLY human on the planet who has never seen a 9 footer!

Course, I find since I started hunting in Texas that I'm the ONLY hunter there who has never killed a #450 hog...

I've never killed a 450 either. Wife shot one with her bow that bottomed our 350 pound scale. I bet by not much though.

That said I did get an arrow in the lungs of a sow that was at least 450. We had some in pens wild caught, that the ranch hands used for breeding for food. They had scales, IIRC the biggest was a bit over 800 and I knew what 500 looked like. The pigs with her made trailing hard enough and I finally lost that trail. I';ve had hard time finding similar situations where the adrenalin the sow has must keep them going a LONG ways due to the young ones. A shame. I'd have liked to found her for a cape at least even if she was likely to old and tough to eat.

Most pigs shot are 80 to 130 appx IMHO.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19

I found a picture of ingwe doing him in on the internet.

the real deal

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: bowmanh Re: little rattler. - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by Ringman

Look more closely. The snake crawls over a rock that is in front of the bus.
© 24hourcampfire